šŸ—£ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Multilingual Magick

Great job @jan_TheGreenWitch! Creole was always so interesting to me.

Please take care of yourself & be gentle & easy with yourself. Donā€™t try to do too much, be sure youā€™re properly recovering.

I had noticed your book club entry & i lo e that you incorporated it into the entry also.

I love the added videos for the challemge entries too! They help set the tone or rhythm in some cases.

I started reading Celtic Magic: By Mari Silva, but it was too casually conflicting. So I am reading Celtic Magic by DJ Conway (affiliated with Llewellyn) & then Celtic Magic by Kristoffer Hughes, a practicing Druid & Celtic Tree Magic by Danu Forest another Druid Priestess. Clearly i have also found a rabbit hole. :rofl:

9 Likes

@jan_TheGreenWitch I hope you donā€™t mind that I rehomed your challenge entry out of the comments of the other post and here into the main thread- I didnā€™t want it to get lost, it deserves the spotlight! :blush: (I also see it was posted before the deadline, so no worries there either! This great entry is all set!)

Your entry is such a fascinating combination and exploration of different paths and how they overlap- I think interdisciplinary studies open so many new doors and exciting possibilities, so this is really amazing to see! Great work, beautiful prayer, and thank you for sharing it :pray:

I hope you are getting plenty of rest and that the chemo side effects ease up so you are feeling much better soon! :heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage I have seen audible books with other formats of books that I have on my ā€œto readā€ list. I am currently toying with the idea of trying it out, but it sounds like it really worked well for you!

I have found recently, that Iceland, Vikings, that whole era & area have been covered quite a bit on different episodes on Expedition Unknown & I believe something on the History Channel where you can see the runic scripts on items & stones, which is just fascinating to me that they are still around! Iā€™m happy that you are enjoying your studies!

@Mistella thatā€™s a great bag for your runes! I havenā€™t made it to the part where I make my own but I am always in awe when others show their work for making runes on their own with their own materials. Great job!

I hope you enjoyed your time in Salem too! Itā€™s such a great place & itā€™s like walking back in time a bit when you get to go there & visit the different sections of the town.

@Jeannie1 I have never tried to do things such as my name in Tarot, Iā€™d imagine that the card associated with the letter gives more meaning to your name. I think I have found something to try when I am looking to shift gears or find something to entertain my brain!

Great job to everyoneā€™s entry & I am sorry if I missed commenting on any. They were all fascinating to go through everyoneā€™s interpretation of how to approach the challenge. Wonderful job! :tada:

7 Likes

I am using the Moonly app for my daily draw. I drew :algiz: again. Here is Moonly Apps description of the rune. I am thrilled to draw it again.

Hopefully, on our next drive into the mountains we will see some elk.

8 Likes

This was the picture hanging in the dentist office today.

I feel a theme in my day.

8 Likes

@Susurrus I must tell you that I cancelled my Audible account because you donā€™t get to keep the books after a year. I decided that I wanted a tangible item for my money so now I order a real book at least once a month. Audio books are handy when youā€™re busy or driving but I feel like I donā€™t retain the information as well and have to listen to them more than once. I guess it all depends on what you like and your lifestyle, and the money part of course.

Anyway, on the viking topic, I think Iā€™ve watched every show and documentary on vikings. I am a descendant of the female viking remains they found a few years ago and that excites me very much. I feel like it answered a lot of my questions on why I feel the way I do. Iā€™ve been listening to books on Asatru, Seidr and Heathens. When the Viking exhibit was at the Natural History museum I went to that, it was very cool to see a viking long ship in person! I find it all very fascinating too :wink:
:butterfly:

7 Likes

I love this @Artemisia thanks so much for sharing!
:heart:

8 Likes

Of course, @BryWisteria, I appreciate the insight, I never know if I should create something all new or not, thanks! I will add more Hoodoo learnings to that link as I go along my readings and practices! :books:

7 Likes

I was very worried about this because Iā€™ve had this account for years and I do have access to my old downloads. I wonder if it is something outside the USA?
https://help.audible.com/s/article/will-my-audiobooks-disappear-after-i-ve-listened-to-them?language=en_US

Are you certain that they are not there at all, even if you try to re-down load them? I understand why you would want to cancel Audible if thatā€™s the case.

Iā€™ll check out the you.tube .pdfs too thank you for the resource @Sarafeena_Sage!

8 Likes

I guess it takes the book after a year when you cancel. I think the books are available as long as you keep paying monthly. I paused my account and it did lock me out of a couple of my downloaded titles.

I guess Iā€™m just ready for a break from it too. I feel like I have too many subscriptions and canā€™t keep up :wink:

:butterfly:

9 Likes

@Sarafeena_Sage I hear ya, I need to comb through and cancel a few things, I feel overloaded myself. :woman_fairy:

9 Likes

I prefer an actual book but for the cost & ease when Iā€™m out & about waiting, Kindle comes in handy. I try to buy physical books at least once a month too.

I donā€™t retain audible information as much as reading &/or writing the information. So that & the cost were my main hesotations but I was getting curious as it started showing up more in ads or recommendations.

I like that it gives you the descriptions & information too! I havenā€™t used that app before. Iā€™ll have to check it out.

8 Likes

Making my way on down, reading fast, entries pass and Iā€™m covenbound :laughing:

@martje You created your own fantasy language for this chant!?! Thatā€™s amazing Martje! :heart_eyes: It takes a lot of creativity to work out a new language, and then real talent to weave it into your intention and something you can use- this is really very impressive! Bravo, Martje! :raised_hands: :two_hearts:

@Garnet Youā€™re on fire, Garnet! :fire::partying_face: Youā€™re rhyming away, I could read them all day! :laughing:

@Phoenix_Fire Ahhhh I see! Cultural appropriation is a big topic in the spiritual community, so I can definitely see why they would discuss it in regards to the different deities and religions. Thanks for explaining it (I thought you did a great job!), if you do remember the name of the audio book, feel free to share it! It sounds like interesting topics and Iā€™d love to check it out :blush:

@crystal5 Congrats on your rune studies, Crystal- it looks like you are doing awesome with the course and really covering a lot of ground! :partying_face: I think making your own runes is a wonderful way to bond with a magickal tool as well as help to deepen your readings. Good luck and have fun with the crafting! :sparkles: Also that painting is stunning :deer::national_park:

@john.knox Danke schon for your entry, John! :raised_hands:

@Wysteria_Norn Iā€™m so glad you liked the theme :grinning: I completely agree with what you said about words holding immense power. I think using words in a similar way to sigils is a creative way to cast and it certainly has a lot of possibilities! Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts and for joining in the challenge! :tada:

@Kasandra Lovely devotional to Veaug, and made all the more powerful with the care and dedication you put into both writing it as well as translating it! You really are thriving with Dovahzul- from where I stand, Iā€™d say youā€™ve mastered it! :clap::heart:

@Ostara Your witchā€™s runes are gorgeous, Ostara- and absolutely loaded with meaning! They really hold a language all of their own :sun_with_face: I think exploring the meaning of your runes and connecting with them was a fantastic way to tackle this challenge- great work and thanks for sharing!

@CelestiaMoon Python!!! Now that is a fancy language- I donā€™t know much about computer languages (aside from the fact that they are very useful to know!) but I had fun reading your translation here. I love how you custom-made the input commands- they are so clever! :clap: Iā€™m glad you are enjoying many blessings right now, and I pray that your luck and good energy soon extend to your finances too- so mote it be! :money_with_wings: :sparkles:

@stavroula Ohhhhh Stavroula this is beautiful!!! :heart_eyes: Iā€™m afraid I cannot read Greek, but to my eyes the writing here looks like art- it is so elegant! Hearing it in the video is very beautiful too- thank you so much for sharing both the chant and the video, I really enjoyed them! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@SpanishWitchy You have a wonderful morning chant, Lucia- what a great and positive way to start the day! I think that any day begun with this chant is sure to be a good one :blush: Your translation is really great too- I appreciate you sharing both! Thank you so much :heart:

@Artemisia You made it- no worries at all! And itā€™s a really lovely entry too- the Ogham is a fascinating language, I can see why it drew you in :tree_of_life: :sparkles: And thank goodness for collecting fun treasures- your popsicle stick collection found a great new life as your Ogham sticks! I am sure they will serve you well :blush: And oh my goodness- I see it! It really does look like a key! Iā€™d say its a positive sign- you have the power to unlock your own future, Kat! :old_key: :star_struck:

@Sarafeena_Sage Icelandic Magic is so cool- that sounds like a really neat book! :open_book: And what a bonus to find a collection of spells in multiple languages- both new and old. That sounds like a real treasure, Sarall- I hope youā€™re able to find the full hard copy someday! :raised_hands:

@Mistella Welcome back, Mistella- I hope your travels went well and that you had a blast! Congrats on your rune studies- it sounds like you are making great progress. Making your own runes is a great way to take your rune practice to a new level- and they look awesome! :heart_eyes: I hope you continue to enjoy them- happy divining! :sparkles:

@Jeannie1 I never thought of the tarot as a language before, but you are absolutely right- each card is a symbol that holds deeper meaning. And all those who read the tarot can say that they speak the language of the cards- I love it, Jeannie, youā€™re brilliant! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: From tarot to symbols, planetary magick, books, and more- you really dove deep in your studies this week. Congrats to you for all your great work, thank you for sharing all you accomplished! :books::two_hearts:

@jan_TheGreenWitch That sounds exciting- keep on studying, and keep us posted on how it all goes for you! :blush:

For those who havenā€™t found it yet, the Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to everyone who shared an entry- thank you once again for joining in the multilingo challenge :partying_face: :sparkles:

A new challenge will launch very soon! :soon:

Blessed be~!

15 Likes

So i found the book, its called pagasism for begginers althea sebastiani. I hope i spely it right. It was referrinh to deities that already had living religion and the issue of trying to worship a deity outside that living religion in a different way. It mentioned cultured appropriation. Im not sure if that makes more sense. Lol im listeni g yo the book again. It was a book that id found comforting yo listen to as it was paganism n in a way tgat isnt too wordy or heavy so it was easy yo follow even if doing other things while listen to it. Some others are more difficult yo follow while doing other things as more wordy n more complex topics that need to fully focus on to follow. But i guess a book for begginers needs to be easy to follow while giving basic information on a topic.

9 Likes

Awesome, thank you Phoenix! :blush: Iā€™ll have to check it out- it sounds really interesting :eyes::sparkles:

I agree- sometimes it can be tough to find a book that explains things in a way that just ā€œclicksā€! :grinning: Iā€™m glad you found this one to be both enjoyable and soothing to listen and learn from. I donā€™t listen to many audio books, but Iā€™m excited to check this one out!

Thank you @Phoenix_Fire! :heart: Blessed be!

7 Likes

Oh, I know this book! I reviewed it for my channel and blog a few years ago. If I may expand a bit further on what Althaea means ā†’ Cultural context for deities is an important part of their worship or honor. Take the Irish deities, for example. Ireland still has a living culture connected to their ancient pagan deities. While they may look different today (St. Brigid instead of Goddess Brigid), the context surround the Irish deities is important to understand them, their stories, and their myths. Irish deities, and most of Celtic paganism, isnā€™t closed by initiation or culture but the respect and honor for the living culture should still be there, if that makes sense.

Other cultural deities and spirits such as those honored by the First Nations of Canada and the Indigenous Tribes of the USA are a bit more complex because of the history the US and Canada has with indigenous genocide. Itā€™s all very nuanced and complex but, over time (and with lots of questions!) Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find answers :blush:

7 Likes

I wound up backing away from the attempt to learn hieroglyphics again. What I uncovered was how racism impacted and continues to impact Egypt when it comes to their own history. Most of the ā€œrespectedā€ authors of hieroglyph guides are British white men, and even those who chose to share Egyptā€™s history with the rest of the world have done so for their own personal gain instead of bringing restoration and benefits to their people.

So Iā€™ll step back and keep my ears and eyes open to find someone who shares the knowledge of Ancient Egypt for the benefit of the people who live within range of the Nile in this day. Much like Hawaii suffers from tourism, white people have long taken advantage of native cultures and left nothing for the present day descendants of those cultures to learn and benefit from.

It was very rough for me, personally, but I acknowledge my part in this less positive history, and seek to find ways to pay my dues to those who have been wronged by it.

9 Likes

Thank for you adding this in, Megan! :raised_hands: :heart: And I also love what you said about the nuances and complexities- respect really is key. But even with the challenges and complexities, studying cultures and religions is a very fascinating and worthwhile adventure :books::two_hearts:

Full respect to you, Garden Stone :heart: I hope that you are able to find some authentic sources and more information about hieroglyphics from native authors and researchers- I am sure they are out there! :books: Happy studying! :sparkles:

9 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.