šŸ’š Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Natural Health & Healing

Weekly Challenge

A few weeks ago, I planted an herb garden so, that is what I am using for my weekly challenge. Here is a list of the herbs I planted, and their medicinal uses. The herbs, like traditional medicines do have side effects, and they can also affect any prescription medications you may be on. Please do your own research and consult with your physician before trying herbal remedies.

It has been raining for two weeks, almost non stop, so I hope I donā€™t lose any to too much water.

Rosemary- memory, pain relief, headaches, stimulant for the nervous system, inflammation, heart health, hair growth, food preservative.

Lemon Balm -relieve stress, reduce anxiety, boost cognitive function, insomnia, treat cold sores, relieve indigestion, help treat nausea, minimize menstrual cramps, ease headache pain, lesson tooth pain

Catnip -intestinal cramps, indigestion, causes sweating, induces menstruation, sedative, increases appetite, treats diarrhea, colic, the common cold, cancer, nervous conditions, stomach ailments, hives, and the common cold have been treated with catnip tea. The dried leaves have been smoked to relieve respiratory ailments, and a poultice has been used externally to reduce swelling.

Rue -arthritis, stimulates menstruation, treats menstrual cramps, fungal infections, heart health, anxiety, insect repellent

Mug wort -Anxiety and depression, weight loss, indigestion menstrual pain, diuretic, immune system, vision, bone mineral density, vivid dreams.

Feverfew - migraine relief, anxiety and stress, lower inflammation, pain reduction, fever, menstrual discomfort, appetite booster, respiratory function, heart health

Mexican Marigold - digestive, diuretic, and febrifuge, hypotensive, narcotic, anesthetic, sedative and stimulant, sore eyes, diarrhea, nausea, indigestion, colic, hiccups, rheumatism, malaria and feverish illnesses.

Dill -improves digestion, prevents gas, cures diarrhea, lowers cholesterol, insomnia, diabetes, insect repellent, bone health, anti-cancer, menstrual cramps, reduces labor pain, cures hiccups

14 Likes

I forgot, I also have Thyme so I need to look that one up.

10 Likes

Oooā€¦ I love :heart: your garden! I have those herbs :herb: but not planted. I would love to try & grow my own, the last time I tried they didnā€™t do wellā€¦

9 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge for Amethyst:

I recently bought myself some jasmine tea for health purposes. Itā€™s supposed to be good for blood sugar and shaking and the like. So I wrote this prayer to go with my tea, asking the Goddess White Tara for healing. When I did my research she was the goddess of jasmine tea.

I ask that White Tara hears my plea,
may this tea bring your longevity!
May it bring healing, and strengthen my blood,
and cure all my ills with this flower and bud.

Blessed be!

15 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

ā†’ Tuesday, May 16 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Even just reading through the lovely entries, I feel a burst of vitality! :blush: Thank you so much to everyone who has jumped in to explore natural health and healing so far- the recipes, experiences, thoughts, and spellwork shared are all a delight to see. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom! :herb::two_hearts:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :green_heart: :sparkles:

11 Likes

I love ur garden :potted_plant: I wanted to grow lemon balm! It looks amazing, you really have a green thumb! It looks like you put a lot of love into it ! :lemon:
I hope this counts for something for this challenge, I decided to get a tattoo and honor my diety because I donā€™t have to fight my battles alone I always have her by my side. She can be any face she wants to be. This weekend I went and got my first tattoo besides the names. This one is for me! I think it honors this challenge because tattoos can be healing! For me I am at the crossroads about not caring about what other people think!

It actually has plastic wrap on it if you canā€™t tell! So what do you think? I needed some extra power to so I added a sigil that means shapeshifter into the person I want to be! I am tired of settling for less! My tattoo artist did a great job
It has her keys and the phases of the moon so itā€™s been a magical weekend!
Jeannie

16 Likes

Your tattoo is beautiful!

11 Likes

Challenge Entry

Health was my main motivation in seeking this path. I figured if I learned enough in the Craft I could just ā€œPOOFā€ and I would be healthy without all the aches and pains of Too many years and too many miles. I may have been wrong in this assumption :rofl: but it is a step in the right direction

So if you look very carefully you might see a tiny Spell Jar in the middle of the pic :sweat_smile:My first ever.

Its intention is for health and Love for my body

I cleansed my altar and all the ā€œingredientsā€ in smoke and began adding them to this tiny bottle
Black Salt in the bottom for protection
Cloves - for Love and health
Cinnamon - anti oxidant, brain health, and glucose regulation
Bay Leaf - healing and digestion
Agrimony - healing, sleep, and protection
Lemon Balm - healing and Love
Oregano - good health and Joy
Mugwort - Cleanse and pain

Clear Quartz - Healing and amplify spell
Rose Quartz - Healing and Love

Pink Salt - to top off protection
a touch of glitter - why not :sweat_smile:
sealed with a green candle

I meditated on its intent and added it to my altar

14 Likes

For me the garden :potted_plant: gets me going in the morning! It is making dinner and going to the garden to snip off my spinach or onion or garlic, or whatever it is. Yesterday I went and got grounded at the lake, and I just really felt like nature was helping me become a little bit more centered.

Jeannie

13 Likes

ā€œ I am at the crossroads about not caring about what other people think!ā€
i love that statement I bet it feels so empowering and I hope to be there myself one day. Your tattoo is beautiful itā€™s a life long commitment to your goddess and I know Hecate feels so honored for you to have it.:sparkles:

11 Likes

@Jeannie!
Itā€™s so freeing to not care what others think! I have a crazy story for youā€¦ I swear itā€™s true!!! When I told my first husband, I was leaving, the first thing he said to me was, ā€œWhat will the neighbors think?ā€ :rofl: I canā€™t tell you what I said itā€™s X-Rated!

I love your tattoo @Jeannie1 Itā€™s so awesome!

Love :heart: and hugs :hugs:

12 Likes

Challenge Entry

Indoor plants donā€™t really stand a chance under my care, but Iā€™ve always done okay with outdoor ones. Over the years, weā€™ve been working to add fruit trees to our yard and while I didnā€™t start out with this in mind, weā€™re now moving towards a low to no-mow front yard. After our latest planting, we now have: apple, pear, plum, and cherry trees with raspberries and blueberries. And while Iā€™m excited to be able to harvest all of these delicious fruits, I want to take it even further by landscaping our front yard and creating an apothecary garden where nearly all of the plants are able to be used for eating or healing.

I donā€™t know that it will be done this year or even next, but knowing that Iā€™ll be working towards something that will provide so much for me and my family is healing on itā€™s own! I love the idea of looking out my window and seeing all of those good plants or being able to just step outside and grab what I need to make a balm or something.

Gardening (outside only :laughing:) has always been therapeutic for me so Iā€™ve loved planning how to make it even better. Iā€™ve got so many ideas and plants that I want to add into it - just need to find the time and space!

11 Likes

@marsha That is so funny! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

8 Likes

Iā€™d like to think this is true, too. :heart: I know some things people deal with are difficult to manage, but I think eventually we can find the cures, or at least a way to manage symptoms. Nature is bountiful and full of amazing healing and helpful plants, minerals, and other things. :evergreen_tree: Weā€™ll get there one day!

My mom gave me a Starbucks card because she canā€™t drink it anymore and Iā€™ve been getting one of their teas wit hibiscus. Itā€™s the Iced Passion Tango Tea Lemonade. It says this on their website.

Our blend of hibiscus, lemongrass and apple hand-shaken with ice, lemonade and, of course, passion.

Itā€™s pretty good! Now I just need to figure out how to make it at home because Iā€™m not paying $5 for a tea every time I want one :rofl:

You just reminded me that I have a calendula oil thatā€™s been steeping forā€¦months at this point :rofl: and I havenā€™t checked on it in a while. Oops! :sweat_smile: Thank you for sharing this recipe with us!

Oh, no! Thatā€™s never fun ā€“ I hope your home remedies have helped you :tea: I know Iā€™m going to be saving your tea recipe for myself. It sounds tasty but also potent!

This is one thing ā€“ well, one thing out of many ā€“ that Iā€™ve never tried before. Iā€™ve seen it done! But itā€™s always kind of freaked me out :laughing: What are the benefits or pros/cons of cupping?

I agree 100% :clap: Iā€™m not too big of a crystal user, but making your own jewelry and feeling for the energies and how they interact with your own is a wonderful way to work some alternative healing! :gem:

Itā€™s really interesting! And talk about synchronicity :joy: I got the email right as I was drinking a glass! Iā€™ll have to try it as a sun tea ā€“ that sounds like a great way to infuse the tea with the added bonus of solar magick!

Honestly, quitting coffee has been easier than I thought. The hardest part has been the ritual of the coffee as well as the personality trait of mine :coffee: I could never turn down a cup of coffee. I would always say you could summon me in a summoning circle with a cup of coffee and some yarn :rofl: but it looks like thatā€™s different now!

And thank YOU for sharing it! It was interesting reading about your experience as an allopathic practitioner delving into more alternative styles of treatment, even if they may end up being psychosomatic. :laughing: And I agree! Even if itā€™s psychosomatic, it doesnā€™t always matter ā€“ what matters is that it works!

They look fine to me! :clap: Good job. Iā€™ve heard of a few of these books but havenā€™t read any of them. I hope that, when the time comes, you get a chance to read and enjoy them!

You should be proud of yourself! :clap: :tada: Not only did you take a stand and know what you wanted, you advocated for yourself as a patient. That can be a very challenging thing to manage, especially knowing how some doctors are. Iā€™ve had my fair share of doctors tell me I was wrong or that I shouldnā€™t try an alternate therapy ā€“ then theyā€™d get upset when I did and it worked :laughing: anyway, yeah ā€“ youā€™ve come a long way in a few short years. You rock! :metal:

I guess itā€™s a good thing I like mushrooms, then! :mushroom: Thank you for all of this wonderful information! Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m not too knowledgable about mushrooms, but now I know at least a little bit more. It reminds me that thereā€™s even mushroom coffee out there. :thinking: I wonder how that tastes?

Congratulations! :clap: It looks amazing, too :sparkles: May the magick in your salve work exactly as you intend it!

Thatā€™s amazing news, @kimberly57 Congratulations! :clap: :tada:

I really love the vibrant colors in these creations youā€™ve made :rainbow: :sun: I know one is an antiseptic ointment. What are the bath salts for? They remind me of happiness and warmth!

Thatā€™s a whole lot of information in one post ā€“ thank you for sharing it all! I knew about the pain relieving properties in some tree barks, but not some of the other things. I also didnā€™t know that scopolomine patches were made from those two toxic plants!

So many beautiful herbs! :herb: Iā€™m sure theyā€™re going to be a wonderful addition to your life both in your garden and your practice. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: the water doesnā€™t do any damage!

A beautiful chant as always, Amethyst :heart: May the Goddess White Tara come to your aid and imbue your tea with her healing properties!

Thatā€™s such a beautiful tattoo, Jeannie :heart: I think it really shows your dedication to Hekate that you would get a tattoo of her. I hope it brings you the strength you need!

Beautiful job on your spell jar :jar: :heart: I think itā€™s lovely!

I think this is a really good idea :four_leaf_clover: I want to plant more clover in my yard because it keeps the weeds down, the ants down, and itā€™s a native grass to my area. Iā€™ve got my vegetable/fruit garden ā€“ I wish I could have fruit trees but we have to get HOA approval and I donā€™t have the brain space for that right now lol

I wish you all the luck with harvesting your wonderful bounty from your garden!

14 Likes

@Amethyst I love your prayer :heart_eyes: Jasmine tea :tea: sounds lovely! Iā€™m curious about the Goddess White Tara now too! :star_struck:

@Jeannie that is a wonderful tattoo! & I agree it is so much better to not care what others think. Absolutely freeing too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Shadeweaver definitely a step in the right direction! Youā€™ll get there! I love :heart: the spell jar & such wonderful intentions to go with it! :revolving_hearts:

@Aurora_Hestia I am the same way with indoor plants :laughing: I do pretty well with outdoor ones most of the time anyway. We have done something similar with our front yard, we absolutely canā€™t mow it, at the moment we have to use a weed trimmer for the grass areas that are there. I love gardening too! Actually today I took rose cuttings & got them set up to root, so fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: that at least one of them works. :rofl: I did forget to label which ones were which color, so now it will also be a surprise! :star_struck:

12 Likes

Thanks, hon! Now Iā€™ve just got to get used to drinking green tea more often.

Thanks, love! I only know a little about White Tara, not enough actually. Gotta do some more research on Her when I have the time. Glad you liked the prayer!

11 Likes

Challenge Entry - Natural Health & Healing

Gee - I hope I am not too late! :roll_eyes: Tough week and my internet wasnā€™t working properly for me to dig around and try to upload this weekend :weary: :sob: and I lost some of my stuff I wanted to post! Thereā€™s so much good stuff here!! :heart_eyes:

Thank you to Kassandra for this weekā€™s challenge - weā€™ve been dealing with illnesses and infections around my house! After spending time being a patient of modern medicine for 25 years and never really seeing an actual physician (not displacing anyone here), I mainly saw a ARNP/NP so I decided to go more natural and see a Naturopathy. Little did I know that this would start years of seeking out more natural and holistic means of healing the body.

I started this course but have not yet completed it - good stuff here and I stop and look everything up! I have several books on Herbalism and Ayurvedics and love listening to podcasts that discuss herbs and their healing properties. My favorite is Astro-Herbalism.

As I move along my journey of herbs, I remind myself of being healthy and wise in that everyone should do their own due diligence in educating themselves about the herbs used for supplementing and/or aiding in practicing a healthy and natural lifestyle. Herbal use should never be applied in a one-size-fits-all. Each should be aware of interactions with medications, allergies and side effects - remember ā€œdo no harmā€! :heartpulse:

Salvia Rosemarinus/Rosemary Officinalis/the mint Lamiaceae Family. A wonderful woodsy smelling herb! One of my favorites!!! This traditional mediterranean aromatic evergreen herb is used in culinary preparations, perfumes, and for its medicinal purposes. I will be traveling to Italy in a few weeks, and I am curious to know if its smell and taste is different :woman_shrugging: than what we grow here in our gardens in the US. For me personally, I love to use a combination of Rosemary and Lavender essential oils in my shampoo and body wash as a good start to my day for focus, and to just cleanse off the night or prior dayā€™s yuk! It is said that Rosemary helps to stimulate hair growth as well as balance out skin and scalp issues, dandruff, sebum build-up, acne, dermatitis. I like to put a sprig in my glass of wine as it seems to go great with the smell of tannins! :smiling_face: Little did I know that Rosemary is also good for digestion as well as an anti-inflammatory, and has anti-carcinogenic properties. A little fun fact - good source of iron, calcium and B-6! I havenā€™t tried this herb for any muscle soreness though - I stick to cinnamon, eucalyptus and other more warming herbs/oils.

Several of the podcasts that I listen to suggest utilizing Rosemary, itself, or in combinations with other herbs, i.e. Cinnamon, Juniper, Frankincense, for purification rites and cleansing before reaching for White Sage due to its being culturally appropriated by commercial companies and is/now in danger of being overharvested and disappearing altogether. Perhaps grow your own. I am employed by a local Tribe and understand/respect the traditions and ceremonial aspects in the use of sage.

This is where I lost all my information I gathered on Heal-all, Self-heal, Woundwart, Prunella Vulgaris/also in the mint Lamiaceae family! This a common plant - there are so many more that have direct uses - but I have had a history of issues and use this as a broad spectrum glycerite to supplement other medications and herbs in inflammation, stomach issues and overall health ā€“ go here for more information: https://commonwealthherbs.com/self-heal-herb-of-the-week/

Thereā€™s just so much to learn! :sparkling_heart: :herb: :herb:

13 Likes

Wonderful entry! & no, youā€™re not late at all! That is some great information though on Rosemary & its benefits & uses.

I like to buy the fresh Rosemary at the store or garden center. I donā€™t have much luck with growing herbs, minus the mint & lemon balm that comes back every year in my backyard.

9 Likes

Chamomile and Calendula together have unique healing properties to reduce inflammation from dry, damaged skin.

Chamomile provides essential antioxidants and is hypoallergenic, anti fungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic. With anti inflammatory properties, the herb can also help to reduce skin irritants.

Similar to Chamomile, Calendula has complimentary antibacterial properties that make it ideal for healing wounds, soothing eczema, and relieving diaper rash.

10 Likes

Weekly Witch Challenge - Natural Health & Healing.

I actually have been practicing Energy Medicine for about 2 weeks now. It is really quite amazing. I started doing this to move a lot of negative energy out of my energy field and to help calm me down when I get upset, sad, or anxious (most of the time this type of energy stems from my work environment). The exercises calm me down, mentally and help me feel lighter energetically.

I discovered ā€œ*Energy Medicine: The Secrets of a Master Practitionerā€ Masterclass by Donna Eden. I found this particular lesson on Mindvalley Mindvalley.com.

Energy medicine is an approach to healing that focuses on the energy flow within the body as a means of promoting physical, emotional, and spiritual health. This approach is based on the idea that the bodyā€™s energy fields can be balanced and strengthened through various techniques, leading to improvements in overall health and well-being.

Energy medicine practitioners use a variety of techniques to work with the bodyā€™s energy fields. These techniques may include acupuncture, Reiki, Qigong, Tai Chi, yoga, and other forms of bodywork. Many energy medicine techniques are based on the principles of traditional Chinese medicine, which views the body as a system of interconnected energy pathways known as meridians.

The goal of energy medicine is to help balance and optimize the flow of energy within the body, which can promote healing and prevent illness. Some energy medicine techniques are designed to help remove blockages in the energy fields, while others work to strengthen and protect the energy fields.

While there is still much research to be done on energy medicine, many people find that it can be a powerful tool for promoting physical, emotional, and spiritual health. It is important to note that energy medicine should not be used as a replacement for conventional medical care, but rather as a complement to it.

Donna Eden demonstrates some techniques to make ā€œstuckā€ energy move. She has a YouTube channel where she has a ton of videos. Donna Eden You Tube If that link doesnā€™t work search ā€œDonna Eden Energy Medicineā€ on You Tube her videos will pop up.

11 Likes