šŸ’š Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Natural Health & Healing

I was just using INaturalist because I found what turned out to be Northern Star Flowers in my yardā€¦ but as I was going through my other ā€˜Observationsā€™ I found that not only do I have ā€˜Mintā€™ in my yard, I have ā€˜Lemon Balmā€™ too! :star_struck:

11 Likes

Iā€™m so excited about this challenge and Iā€™m also taking it as a sign of conformation. I have recently been obsessed with herbal remedies and just decided to go to school for herbalism. I have started growing my own herbs and have started making and creating my own herbal tea blends. I have also been studying reiki healing and work with my healing crystals everyday.

14 Likes

I luv TENS units too I have one at home I forgot to use half the time lol.

11 Likes

I love :heart: mine! Somehow, Iā€™m not even sureā€¦ I had registered it & then they sent me 3 more packages of full sets of the pads. So I have them all in varying sizes :laughing: I forget to use it a lot too, but Iā€™m getting better about it when itā€™s during the day & I have little things to do around here or outside the house. :hugs:

11 Likes

Lol, that is awesome. When I got to chiro he puts it on after my adjustment with an ice pack. Feels so good.

11 Likes

Challenge Entry
I decided to make the Herbal Antiseptic Ointment and Iā€™ve been making Herbal Bath Salts. I canā€™t wait to try the Antiseptic Ointment because I have very sensitive skin and some ointments just break my skin in it blisters.

14 Likes

@brandy20 oh do let us know how it goes! My daughter & son have very sensitive skin also, this may be a good one for them too!

Great job & it looks beautiful :heart_eyes:

12 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge: Natural Health and Healing. I think this is such an interesting topic. Lately, Iā€™ve been experimenting with essential oils. During the pandemic, I spent a lot of time learning more about the magical and healing properties of herbs and spices. I was amazed to learn how many antioxidants are in both fresh and dried herbs and how they can be used for other uses. In my cooking and in teas, Iā€™ve become a lot more adventurous with using herbs and spices, not in excessive amounts (esp with the common cinnamon you buy in grocery stores), but just more often and in different ways (like in seltzer and smoothies!).

Some of my favorite ways are in herbal teas, which Iā€™ve mentioned on the forum before. These include Tulsi tea (Holy Basil), which helped my anxiety, and using fresh herbs in teas and tonics I make myself, including parsley, mint, dill, organic carrot tops, ginger, rosemary and saffron. I also make use fresh or dried thyme and cut lemon in a pot of boiling water as a natural steam decongestant.

I have had tremendous results with burning a single sandalwood incense stick for alleviating bouts of stress, blues/episodic depression. Itā€™s not euphoria, I simply feel calmer and not so wretched, and the effects are so quick. Since Iā€™m very sensitive to Rx meds, and depression isnā€™t a daily problem for me, this has been a quality of life game changer.

I also use Lavender essential oil sprays for calming (e.g., when I was working on my tax return or paying bills) and as a pillow spray before bed, if I need it. I keep an organic peppermint lip balm handy ($2, Whole Foods) and I will rub that on the inside of my wrists to inhale when I need to concentrate (have also recommended to my students or when I need a mood lift.

I take a Hawthorn supplement for high blood pressure, in addition to Rx medication, and I do feel like it makes a difference in my numbers.

A couple of months ago, a friend who is a medium suggested I had some dark energy around me. I donā€™t know if it was true or not, as she is not a fan of my witchcraft and divination practices, but I took a bath in Hyssop, to be on the safe side, just in case she was right about it. I donā€™t know if it was psychosomatic or what but I felt spiritually cleansed when I got out of the bath.

I am also learning that some herbal medicines in prescription medications do not receive the credit they deserve! Some OTC and prescription medications are purely synthetic. But some have herbal components, e.g., aspirin is made from willow bark, Tylenol from poplar trees.

Anecdotally, I asked my doctor to prescribe scopolamine patches to me because I was going on a cruise. When I got the Rx, I was amazed at the long list of strange, possible side effects, and I thought, what IS in this STUFF? Turns out, the active ingredients are belladonna and henbane. Whoa! Hey, I just wanted not to get seasick, and basically got prescribed a flying ointment! LOL. Luckily, I didnā€™t need them at all.

15 Likes

@mary25 I have been doing a lot of the same things since, well, right around the time I joined in 2020. I realized how many natural things there were available (whether in my area growing or in the grocery store) & the noticeable benefits using essential oils or incense for aromatherapy. When I found teas, some of my favorites are chamomile, lavender, & vanilla; chamomile, lavender, & mint; my cold & flu tea was amazing when I did have Covidā€¦ of course now I canā€™t remember exactly whatā€™s in it :thinking:

I do similar things with scents! I have made up oils that I wear for different reasons, Iā€™ve made my daughter oils & perfume too! I have a blend in our bedroom diffuser because allergies are a huge thing this year where I am, they are actually the reason I woke up this morning at 5:30 AM. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I read the ingredients to a lot of things now & was also amazed at the natural things that are in OTC & some prescription medications. I had no idea about the scopolamine though, no kidding about a flying ointment :laughing: Iā€™m glad that you didnā€™t have to use it though. It can be a tough medication to take with the range of side effects from it & you wonā€™t know which ones will affect you until youā€™ve taken it.

10 Likes

Weekly Challenge

A few weeks ago, I planted an herb garden so, that is what I am using for my weekly challenge. Here is a list of the herbs I planted, and their medicinal uses. The herbs, like traditional medicines do have side effects, and they can also affect any prescription medications you may be on. Please do your own research and consult with your physician before trying herbal remedies.

It has been raining for two weeks, almost non stop, so I hope I donā€™t lose any to too much water.

Rosemary- memory, pain relief, headaches, stimulant for the nervous system, inflammation, heart health, hair growth, food preservative.

Lemon Balm -relieve stress, reduce anxiety, boost cognitive function, insomnia, treat cold sores, relieve indigestion, help treat nausea, minimize menstrual cramps, ease headache pain, lesson tooth pain

Catnip -intestinal cramps, indigestion, causes sweating, induces menstruation, sedative, increases appetite, treats diarrhea, colic, the common cold, cancer, nervous conditions, stomach ailments, hives, and the common cold have been treated with catnip tea. The dried leaves have been smoked to relieve respiratory ailments, and a poultice has been used externally to reduce swelling.

Rue -arthritis, stimulates menstruation, treats menstrual cramps, fungal infections, heart health, anxiety, insect repellent

Mug wort -Anxiety and depression, weight loss, indigestion menstrual pain, diuretic, immune system, vision, bone mineral density, vivid dreams.

Feverfew - migraine relief, anxiety and stress, lower inflammation, pain reduction, fever, menstrual discomfort, appetite booster, respiratory function, heart health

Mexican Marigold - digestive, diuretic, and febrifuge, hypotensive, narcotic, anesthetic, sedative and stimulant, sore eyes, diarrhea, nausea, indigestion, colic, hiccups, rheumatism, malaria and feverish illnesses.

Dill -improves digestion, prevents gas, cures diarrhea, lowers cholesterol, insomnia, diabetes, insect repellent, bone health, anti-cancer, menstrual cramps, reduces labor pain, cures hiccups

14 Likes

I forgot, I also have Thyme so I need to look that one up.

10 Likes

Oooā€¦ I love :heart: your garden! I have those herbs :herb: but not planted. I would love to try & grow my own, the last time I tried they didnā€™t do wellā€¦

9 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge for Amethyst:

I recently bought myself some jasmine tea for health purposes. Itā€™s supposed to be good for blood sugar and shaking and the like. So I wrote this prayer to go with my tea, asking the Goddess White Tara for healing. When I did my research she was the goddess of jasmine tea.

I ask that White Tara hears my plea,
may this tea bring your longevity!
May it bring healing, and strengthen my blood,
and cure all my ills with this flower and bud.

Blessed be!

15 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

ā†’ Tuesday, May 16 at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

Even just reading through the lovely entries, I feel a burst of vitality! :blush: Thank you so much to everyone who has jumped in to explore natural health and healing so far- the recipes, experiences, thoughts, and spellwork shared are all a delight to see. Thank you so much for sharing your wisdom! :herb::two_hearts:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :green_heart: :sparkles:

11 Likes

I love ur garden :potted_plant: I wanted to grow lemon balm! It looks amazing, you really have a green thumb! It looks like you put a lot of love into it ! :lemon:
I hope this counts for something for this challenge, I decided to get a tattoo and honor my diety because I donā€™t have to fight my battles alone I always have her by my side. She can be any face she wants to be. This weekend I went and got my first tattoo besides the names. This one is for me! I think it honors this challenge because tattoos can be healing! For me I am at the crossroads about not caring about what other people think!

It actually has plastic wrap on it if you canā€™t tell! So what do you think? I needed some extra power to so I added a sigil that means shapeshifter into the person I want to be! I am tired of settling for less! My tattoo artist did a great job
It has her keys and the phases of the moon so itā€™s been a magical weekend!
Jeannie

16 Likes

Your tattoo is beautiful!

11 Likes

Challenge Entry

Health was my main motivation in seeking this path. I figured if I learned enough in the Craft I could just ā€œPOOFā€ and I would be healthy without all the aches and pains of Too many years and too many miles. I may have been wrong in this assumption :rofl: but it is a step in the right direction

So if you look very carefully you might see a tiny Spell Jar in the middle of the pic :sweat_smile:My first ever.

Its intention is for health and Love for my body

I cleansed my altar and all the ā€œingredientsā€ in smoke and began adding them to this tiny bottle
Black Salt in the bottom for protection
Cloves - for Love and health
Cinnamon - anti oxidant, brain health, and glucose regulation
Bay Leaf - healing and digestion
Agrimony - healing, sleep, and protection
Lemon Balm - healing and Love
Oregano - good health and Joy
Mugwort - Cleanse and pain

Clear Quartz - Healing and amplify spell
Rose Quartz - Healing and Love

Pink Salt - to top off protection
a touch of glitter - why not :sweat_smile:
sealed with a green candle

I meditated on its intent and added it to my altar

14 Likes

For me the garden :potted_plant: gets me going in the morning! It is making dinner and going to the garden to snip off my spinach or onion or garlic, or whatever it is. Yesterday I went and got grounded at the lake, and I just really felt like nature was helping me become a little bit more centered.

Jeannie

13 Likes

ā€œ I am at the crossroads about not caring about what other people think!ā€
i love that statement I bet it feels so empowering and I hope to be there myself one day. Your tattoo is beautiful itā€™s a life long commitment to your goddess and I know Hecate feels so honored for you to have it.:sparkles:

11 Likes

@Jeannie!
Itā€™s so freeing to not care what others think! I have a crazy story for youā€¦ I swear itā€™s true!!! When I told my first husband, I was leaving, the first thing he said to me was, ā€œWhat will the neighbors think?ā€ :rofl: I canā€™t tell you what I said itā€™s X-Rated!

I love your tattoo @Jeannie1 Itā€™s so awesome!

Love :heart: and hugs :hugs:

12 Likes