šŸ•Æ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Of Candles and Flame

Or for instant reliefā€¦ use flash paper?

5 Likes

Love those dragon flies!!! Did you make them?

5 Likes

Thanks for the research @Missa !!

5 Likes

I love this set-up @christina4 :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

This is a simple spell for general good luck. Iā€™m using a green candle for luck, dressed with High John The Conqueror oil and having a rune ANZUS carved in it for good fortune.

To go with it I have this spell:

Goddess Fortuna send me good luck

To help me through this week or else Iā€™m stuck

I need your blessings and your aid,

so all my endeavors will have it made.

So grant me good luck and hear my plea

an harm it none, so mote it be!

Let the candle burn down if you can, or else snuff it out and then burn later till itā€™s gone. Make sure you specify good luck, or else you may get bad luck.

13 Likes

I use candles coooonnnnssssttttaaaaannntttlllyyyyy! I will be making some soon, I promise! But just so I donā€™t miss the deadline for the challenge Iā€™ll sneak in what Iā€™m up to today!

Today being a Sunday Iā€™d normally light a yellow/orange candle for happiness/success and thatā€™d be my focus. Today I wanted to tie in a little self-love.
I found this super-handy info about Orange candles on our very own site and decided this was the way to go. Positive thinking, emotional healing, self-respect. Yes.

I have a lovely cup of turmeric, ginger, honey and lemon tea (with cinnamon cos cinnamon), Iā€™m burning bright sunny citrus incense, I have my Sunday crystals everywhere!
I lit my orange candle, breathed in its energy and light and repeated this gorgeous affirmation I found in ā€˜Sacred Self-care - Everyday rituals for a more joyful and meaningful lifeā€™ by Chloe Isidora (a beautiful book by the way).

I am ready to commit to myself. I am ready to set aside time for myself. I am ready to love myself. I am ready to respect myself. I am ready to honour myself. I am ready to treat myself as sacred. I am ready to say YES to being ME.

And now Iā€™m off to try my new Divination oil while I do a Weekly tarot spread! :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

@Limeberry I love that about the Dragonfly! I think I need a few Dragonflies around.

6 Likes

Itā€™s 11:33 pm as Iā€™m typing this. I believe that everything happens for a reason and in Divine Timing. I really needed to hear the dragon fly message from you @Limeberry :heartbeat: it completely resonates with me. I got teary eyed bc itā€™s just something that I need to hear during a hard time. Iā€™m so grateful for @Francisco for joining so many intelligent and caring individuals. Thank you for lifting my heart! :heart::pray::metal:t3:

5 Likes

Youā€™re doing amazing with the 7-day candle spells and following the lunar phases, @colin! :clap: Well done- and thank you so much for sharing about your recent 7-day spell. May it banish any negativity and curses that come your way :pray::candle:

I am so sorry about the loss of your friend, @SilverBear. I hope you had a reflective and consoling meditation and could remember the good times and happy memories. Big hugs and warm wishes to you as you recover from the loss :heart:

Wow, @CelestiaMoon! I love the three flame idea :fire: And adding lavender oil too- I bet it smelled heavenly :relieved: A beautiful combination spell with candles and oil- well done! :clap:

So much helpful info about candles, @Missa! Thank you for sharing your wisdom with everyone :blush:

So beautiful, @Christina4 :two_hearts: I think the dragonflies are a lovely touch- and it looks like they had a deeper meaning for you! :blush:

A very thoughtful and well-done good luck spell, @Amethyst! :green_heart: Your chant is gorgeous too. May it bring you many blessings and good fortune this week! :two_hearts: And look at the winged cat!!! Ahhhh- so cute!!! :heart_eyes:

Orange candles and orange tea sound like a perfect match, @Limeberry :orange_heart: Not to mention your beautiful crystals and loving affirmation as well! Good luck with your weekly tarot spread- may there be good things coming your way :grin:

5 Likes

Friendly reminder to all that this challenge will close:

TOMORROW!

Anyone who would like to participate, but has not done so already- please share your candle magick experience by the deadline Tuesday, November 10th at 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time Zone).

May your candles continue to shine brightly- blessed be! :candle:

5 Likes

Thanks, @BryWisteria! I wasnā€™t too sure about the rhyme in the chant so I tried to keep it simple. And the gargoyle kitty is Pookie. He protects my computer. LOL.

6 Likes

@BryWisteria, I was so excited when I saw this challenge, then I realized how much more there is to this practice. I usually buy my candles in bulk from a local metaphysical store. After a cleansing spell, I use them almost daily for myself or for others.

I wonā€™t share any spells on here. I have always kept them private. All of them but the getting the ex back have worked and I am so thankful to My Goddess for that gift.

Your spell jars are amazing, @LokiStarr76! I am definetely borrowing that idea for Full Moons.

I am so sorry for your loss, @SilverBear. It looked like a somber but beautiful time to remember your loved one.

You are always so full of knowledge, @Missa. Thank you for sharing so much with us.

Thank you for linking to the meditation video you used, @christina4. A new video for my playlist. :slight_smile: And to @Limeberry, you always put a smile on my face in the forums. Thank you for sharing that about the dragonfly. It totally needs to be my animal guide.

Ok, time to share my simple candle magic for the week.

I am struggling with a new medication and it has thrown me off so much. My doctor is trying to help me with sleep and nightmares. Today I am doing a spell with Brown, Green, and two White. I am trying to connect more with The Lord and I am in desperate need of grounding and healing.

I have been running healing and grounding spells for a week and I finally finished two books (8th grade reading level but I will accept the victory) after a couple of months of not being able to read. I also can play Minecraft :pick: again and we all know that is the most important thing in life. :joy:

9 Likes

Awww good kitty! :smile_cat:

6 Likes

I know right?! Iā€™m not really much of a bug lady but I love the symbolism :heart_eyes:

Sending you a great big squeeze @christina4 keep those lucky dragonflies close :heart: :hugs: and darling, if you need someone to vent to donā€™t suffer in silence. PMs are totally welcome :kissing_heart:

Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It looks like a fun and busy week ahead!

This is adorable :heart_eyes:
I :heart: Pookie 4eva

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: well thatā€™s just put a hugenormous smile on mine! Thanks :hugs:

also oof, been there (well, kinda similar anyway - long-term illness at itā€™s peak had my brain totally frazzled and reading/understanding what I was reading was just impossible/hugely overwhelming) and itā€™s REALLY not fun so YAY congrats on finishing 2 books! :heart:

No.
:joy:

7 Likes

I took some time this morning to do the Legal Blessings spell with an orange and black candle. After I lit them both, I provided my intention and medtated on the desired outcome. However, I changed the spell and rolled that paper and bay leaf together after writing my petition and I burned them with the orange candle in a fireproof bowl. Once the ashes had cooled, I brought them outside to my back yard. I blew out both candles, thanked Brigid and released the quarters then closed the circle.

I have always loved candles and I like to have them around the house. I also love to use them when I can during the days.

I got a candle chandelier for my birthday.

Uploading: 20201106_165856.jpgā€¦

8 Likes

Iā€™m glad youā€™re back able to read, Ben. I canā€™t imagine not reading!

I named him after a silver cat I used to have, heā€™d sit with me while I watched Werewolf alone at night, back in the day when Fox was starting out.

5 Likes

He is! LOL. Heā€™s my protector.

5 Likes

Ooh minecraft is fun! I play with my son. As for the not being able to sleep and having nightmares, I do understand that. Iā€™m sorry you struggling with this :pensive: one of the couple meds I do take is for night terrors. Itā€™s called prazocin. And it works wonders! I used to have sleep paralysis, flashbacks, and Iā€™d scream and fight in my sleep but wouldnā€™t remember. Iā€™m on a really high dose but it definitely helps after years of being a guinea pig, figuring out what works and what doesnā€™t. Anyway, I wish you all the best with this issue.
By the way, beautiful statue and nice shelves!

7 Likes

For me this week was a challenge, I thought of making my own candle then since I didnā€™t have everything I considered doing a spell from Advanced Candle Making Magic bye my favorite Ray Buckland!
First I had to figure out what I needed most since there has been so much going on I decided to do a purifying spell!

I Incorporated a lotus flower in the spell to as well because I love the symbol of Lotus and I put a intention to purify myself with the Clear quartz since it magnifies everything! I needed it to use it for its healing properties to and it cleanses!
This spell called for a puppet and instead of using a stuffed puppet I just cut from a book I bought that gave me a pic of it
I cut out the puppet and put some mugwort on it! I didnā€™t have time to stuff the mugwort in the doll like I wanted!
Also I didnā€™t have ruby and replaced it with Rose Quarts! I had to substitute a couple things but it went pretty well! Hereā€™s a pic of the Lotus ! image|340x500

Personally, I am glad that I did this purification because now I feel like I am a stronger person being a caregiver youā€™re always having to take care of yourself so you could take care of others!
I really feel good I did it step-by-step and there were a couple things as far as the puppet goes that didnā€™t exactly go with the directions however I made it work for me and I feel like I did a good job. I felt a little overwhelmed at first but after cleansing myself in the shower and asking for purification that helped! calling the quarters dressing the candles doing everything step-by-step I feel confident it worked! Thanks to you all I had the energy to conjure up to take care of me! Thanks so much for helping in my journey! I am learning to love myself and enjoy life! Today I went to the craft store and found some tools for crystals and for my candlemaking and Iā€™m really excited I feel like I really am growing in regards to my spiritual path!
Jeannie

9 Likes

I love Pookie, @Amethyst! :heart_eyes: May he always protect your computer from malware and mice :grin:

Iā€™m so glad this challenge resonated with you, @praecog29! Your altar is gorgeous- I hope it helped to connect you with the Lord and find the sense of grounding you need. And hooray for reading and Minecraft! Treat yourself to some fun and joy :blush::+1:

It looks like the picture didnā€™t upload all the way, but I am sure it is beautiful @Susurrus! May the Legal Blessings Spell bring you success quickly- you did a wonderful job with the spellwork! :sparkles::clap:

Absolutely gorgeous, @Jeannie1! :blush: Such a beautiful ritual- your setup is breathtaking. And I love the lotus flower holder in the middle! I also love lotus flowers- they have such a strong yet calming presence :heart: Iā€™m glad the spell helped bring you strength and confidence- you really did a great job with it! Thank you for sharing your lovely spellwork, it is a pleasure to see :candle::two_hearts:

6 Likes