šŸš Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Of Seas, Sands, and Tides

I love how creative looking everything is!! Neptune is definitely proud!!

9 Likes

Happy birthday!! I know thereā€™s a post for birthdays but Iā€™m saying it here lol i hope your day is filled with so much happiness and joy!!

9 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Bravo to all those who love the sea- it was so much fun to read about everyoneā€™s ocean magick experiences this week! :blue_heart: Thank you so much to everyone who dove into the challenge and answered the call of the sea :ocean::two_hearts:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :shell::sparkles:

8 Likes

My daughter and her wife Renea went to beach over the weekend for Reneaā€™s birthday. They woke up early Sunday morning to watch the sun rise and Stella wanted to go back to the Air bnb, but Renea wanted to stay for a while so she told Stella to pick her up at 10. At 9:50 Stella called Renea to tell her she was on her way. Renea told her to ā€œplease hurryā€. When Stella got there Renea was bruised and bleeding and it looked like road rash all over her body. She was in the water with a boogie board and all of a sudden her feet couldnā€™t reach the bottom. She was in a rip current and not only was she being washed out to sea, but she was also going toward a rock jetty. She slammed into the jetty and then it was a fight for her life. Somehow she managed to pull herself to the top of the jetty. She is in the hospital recovering.

8 Likes

Oh my goodness, @Ostara- I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your daughterā€™s wife! That is terrifying- I am so glad she got out okay. Wishing her all the best as she recovers :pray::heart:

The sea is a beautiful but dangerous place. Weā€™ve lost family members to the sea before- my parents both grew up by the sea and my family has a history of being mossers, fishers, and lobstermen. The ocean gives, but it also takes. Things can change in the blink of an eye.

I know this challenge was focused more on celebrating the sea and how we can incorporate it into magick, but it really is important to be mindful of the dangers of the ocean as well :pray::ocean:

7 Likes

This is a really interesting recipe! Thereā€™s lots of seaweed down at the beach, but so much of it is stinky (full ofā€¦ not so nice things from the sea :sweat_smile: :crab:) I wonder if thereā€™d be so way to cleanse it? Or if purchasing seaweed for cosmetic uses is a safer option :thinking:

Iā€™ll have to look into it more- thanks so much for this recipe, Ostara! :heart:

Beautiful ritual and I love your invocation and prayer for Delphin- the words you chose paint such a vivid image of the dark and magickal depths of the ocean :ocean: :dragon_face:

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely ritual! May all those lost at sea find their peaceful rest in the arms of the ocean :pray::blue_heart:

I know it is sad and painful to watch things you treasured as a child slowly changing- we have a similar yet opposite problem here on the coast. As the storms become more wild and the water rises, it is eating away the cliffs at an alarming rate. The ocean claims more land every year and the shore line is disappearing beneath the waves.

Thank you so much for your research and heartfelt reflection- aside from the general advice to help prevent climate change and protect the environment, Iā€™m also not sure what specific things could be done to help on a local level. But I can tell this is something close to your heart, @Torista, so I am cheering you on in your efforts and research! :heart:

And sorry about your sunburn- do you have any aloe vera, by any chance? Itā€™s a lifesaver for treating sunburns :potted_plant:

Look at these gorgeous pictures! :heart_eyes: What a fun collage, @Martje- your talents never fail to amaze me :blush: I can imagine collecting favorite images of the sea while listening to soothing ocean songs is a really wonderful time!

And what better way to complete the experience than with a sea salt lavender bath? That sounds like paradise :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you enjoyed your bath! :blue_heart:

Jem!!! Oh, this is gorgeous! I really love watercolor painting and it is such a creative idea to use salt water as the base :+1: :art: The result is breathtaking- it really turned out amazing!

Thank you so much for sharing your lovely art magick talents, Jem! :sparkles:

I love the way you think, @Phoenix_Fire- what a fun idea to combine your assignment with the challenge! And gosh, the Sea Whispererā€™s Oracle looks amazing- the back of the cards are so pretty :star_struck:

I completely agree that you donā€™t need to be physically at the beach to channel that powerful ocean energy- youā€™ve done a wonderful job of connecting to the sea through your cards and intention! Well done! :shell::clap:

It sounds like everything aligned perfectly- what a great day to embrace your Neptune-y (Iā€™m borrowing this word now :laughing:) energy! The candle turned out amazing- you chose a great picture to incorporate on your altar. And how fun to add the sand and sea salt, itā€™s a great touch! :salt: :sparkles::candle:

Your altar looks amazing- it has such a soothing energy. I think you did a great job at making your very own sea within your sacred space :blush: Wishing you all the best with your Pluto work and self-care challenge- many blessings, Mary! :sparkling_heart:

Thatā€™s awesome! Iā€™m so glad you had such a great meditation :grinning: And Iā€™m in awe of your altar- look at that mermaid platter!!! :heart_eyes: :mermaid: Everything looks so beautiful, you have a really lovely altar set up :sparkles:

Thanks so much for sharing!

Thatā€™s the way to do it! :partying_face: And what a lovely sea it is- gosh, I could look at this for hours! You have so many wonderful oceanic treasures. This is really beautiful to see- thank you so much for sharing, Ostara! :ocean:

Awwww Iā€™m so happy you think so! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: And agreed- the entries have been really amazing to read. Goodness, Iā€™m always so impressed with how talented and creative the coven is! :sparkles::blush:

Iā€™m really glad if the energy from this challenge helped you- many thanks to you and the coven for jumping in to this beloved theme! :ocean:

Many blessings to the sweet ā€œPolliwogā€ Garnet! :heart:

Thatā€™s a gorgeous picture, @crystal35- your candles burn so brightly and beautifully! :candle: And the seashell ring around them is a very pretty touch :blush:

I hope if you were working a spell or ritual that everything went well! Thank you very much for sharing your lovely altar :shell::sparkles:

This is a great idea, Danni- sea salt is easy to get in just about every supermarket, itā€™s certainly easier to get than sand for those away from the beach! I love the idea of drawing symbols, sigils, or runes in the salt as well. Brilliant! :salt::sparkles:

Itā€™s a powerful revelation- your mind can do so much more than your body can, and it isnā€™t restricted to the same limitations! Iā€™m glad you found your freedom, Amethyst, and that you enjoyed a lovely trip to your personal seaside paradise :beach_umbrella: :ocean:

I love this meditation- her voice is very relaxing to listen to :relaxed: Thanks so much for sharing it!

Youā€™ve got some great things written on your list, Jeannie- I think the last one is particularly important (although it is harder to master than it sounds)! :grinning: :heart: Your sacred space looks lovely too- Iā€™m so glad you had a good ritual. Enjoy the full moon power, my friend- may it illuminate the way to everything you wish for! :raised_hands: :full_moon:

It sounds like you are blessed by the water, Andre- how lucky to have such beautiful nature close by! :national_park: :two_hearts:

Thatā€™s a gorgeous little charm, and a great seaside exercise for some self-love work :blush: Thanks for this one, Jessica- I might just have to give it a try on a future beach walk! :pray:

Cheers to that! You must be so excited for your upcoming adventure- it sounds like you are going to have a blast next month! :partying_face: It is really sweet that you took the time to honor your lost loved ones. The sea is a very healing place for honoring those who have gone. I am sure they would appreciate your beautiful ritual and offering :pray::blue_heart:

That was a very beautiful entry, Mistella, and gorgeous pictures as well! Thank you so much for sharing :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

No matter how far from the waves you wander, you can always hear the call of the ocean- that is a really lovely item to have on your altar! :shell::sparkles: As for the beach, the seasons pass quickly- Iā€™m sure your summer and beach days will be there again before you know it! :sun_with_face: :beach_umbrella:

I think you are very wise, Angela. The sea is beautiful and enchanting, but it certainly has its dangers as well! Iā€™m with on the sharks- every now and then thereā€™s a shark sighting here and I always get a little freaked out :shark: :scream:

Your cleansing sea salt moonlight bath sounds amazing- what a lovely experience! Thank you so much for sharing your reflection and ocean bath work, really beautiful work! :heart::bathtub:

That is a fantastic way to take on the challenge- and what a gorgeous spell you had there! :star_struck: Your seashells are so pretty and your candles burn so brightly. I wish you an oncoming wave of new funds! :ocean: :moneybag: Great job, Kat!

Hello beautiful mermaid! :merperson: Oh, she is so lovely- did you set her up in your beautiful gardens, Marsha? It is such a great display! I hope the water invocation went well in your ceremony- may the mermaidā€™s blessings wash over you! :ocean::blush:

Safety first! You are smart to stay home and stay cool when it gets too hot :pray:

Being on the East Coast at the moment, Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t hear too much about the situation on the other side of the country, so Iā€™m grateful to learn more from the coven. Iā€™m sorry about what is happening there with the lakes and I pray that they are able to refill/fix the waters soon!

The Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live and badges have been sent out to everyone who shared an entry :trophy:

Thank you so much once again to everyone who joined in! I had a feeling the ocean would be a fun topic, but Iā€™m really thrilled to see just how many coven members love and treasure the seas :ocean: :sparkles:

Many blessings to all of the Sea Witches!

13 Likes

Thank you Mistella! Iā€™m so happy I could take you on the journey with me. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

LOL! thatā€™s funny, because when I wrote that I was also picturing the little monsters from the scrubbing bubbles commercial going down the drain. Not so much a dream. :rofl:

It most certainly was divine! I highly recommend as a regular practice. You could even do something similar in the shower using a sea salt scrub. :heart:

9 Likes

:pray: Thank you @BryWisteria !! I love this shiny new title. :ocean: :mage:
Iā€™m really loving these weekly challenges. :heart:

8 Likes

Yes, itā€™s on a square stepping stone with the clover. It didnā€™t seem right to perform the ceremony inside.

It was very hot yesterday, 102 F broke the record here. The wind was blowing just right to bring the smoke from the New Mexico fires into Colorado. My ceremony was quick because of the heat and smoke.

Last night, the Full Moon looked redish-orange with the smoke in the air! It really looked like the Strawberry Moon!

Thank you, @BryWisteria I love the new title ā€œSea Witch!ā€ :mermaid: :heart: :shell:

7 Likes

@Mistella!
I love both your wild dogfish running the beach and the most beautiful mini mermaid!
Garnet

9 Likes

@Ostara
Iā€™m afraid of the oceans and sea but riptides are the worst! Itā€™s a miracle she came away with just abrasions and bruises. The Universe was watching out for her.
Sending healing vibration
and gratitude for her life
Much love
Garnet

8 Likes

Thank you @Garnet. She is still in the hospital. I am posting her story in her words, with her permission. It is really scary what she went through and how fragile life is.

"I donā€™t mind telling yā€™all, but I prefer not to answer any questions or tell it again so Iā€™ll try to get it all in here. Plus Iā€™m still processing this whole thing. If you feel itā€™s too much to read please donā€™t go any further. Thank you all for the love and support. I promise my adventures in the future will be very tame as Iā€™m done tempting the hands of fate, as much as I can control.

I got sucked away by the currant at the Seawall @ 45th St in Galveston and before I knew it I was about a foot or two inside the forbidden jetty boundary and couldnā€™t swim hard enough to get back where I needed to be and as loud as I tried to yell and stay above the waves no one could hear or see me. Within seconds the waves were repeatedly slamming my body against the jetty and when it was being beaten it was being sucked under the water. I was trying to get above water and protect my head at the same time so wouldnā€™t be knocked. I got footing between two rocks to try to get where I could pull myself up, but the waves kept knocking me around on the rocks and sucking me under at the same time and when it happened it sprained my ankle a little. I finally was knocked, more like violently rolled head over heels and sideways, over to another part where I could fit my already injured foot and knee to stabilize a little. The sides of the jetties are very thick with slime and I couldnā€™t pull myself up because it was so slimy and the waves were still thrashing me around. I was able to use the boogie board that was still velcroed around my right wrist as an anchor on the jetty rocks and eventually drag myself up enough to get away from the waves.

My butt is on ![:fire: with bruising and cuts from the sharp jetty rocks which are made of huge chunks of granite. My legs are beat and cut to shit. My fingerprints on three of my right fingers will never be the same again because I was trying to hard to grab on and against the rocks to try to get control and to keep from hitting my head on them there are chunks torn from my fingers. My palms have cuts all over and my nails hurt from trying to grab however I could they weā€™re almost ripped off, there is a small cut where my pointer finger meets my palm that you can see the meat inside, my back has jetty rash really bad and from scrambling trying to get up the jetty the bottoms of my feet are cut up.

BUT Iā€™M ALIVE! I fought really hard to survive this. There was at least twice that everything went completely white and bright and in those moments I said good bye to those I love because I was so terrified I wouldnā€™t make it out. I would keep trying to fight and it just felt like everything else was moving in normal time and I was in super slow motion.

I have sever muscle trauma and infection from the jetty rock cuts and jetty rash. Drowning has always been my biggest fear and now every time I close my eyes to sleep Iā€™m fighting for my life all over again. I have to keep reminding myself that I already won that fightļæ¼.

I will be ok, I have my life and even though Iā€™m in tremendous pain I feel so lucky to be here."

7 Likes

@WitchAngel111 Youā€™re very welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m so happy you like the badge and Iā€™m thrilled to hear youā€™re enjoying the challenges! Thanks so much again for joining in- itā€™s really thanks to you and everyone else who shared their magick that makes the challenges what they are! :heart:

@Marsha Youā€™re very welcome, Marsha- thanks again so much! :two_hearts: Your mermaid truly is lovely, may she bless your beautiful garden space with the coolness of the sea. I pray the heat and smoke settle down soon- please stay safe! :pray::heart:

@Ostara That is a very terrifying experience- thank goodness she is okay now! Iā€™m wishing her a very speedy recovery and healing process :pray::candle:

7 Likes

@Ostara
I send you healing energy and thanks that you werenā€™t killed.
Blessed be
Garnet

7 Likes

Iā€™m not going to reply to everyone individually because then this would get way too long :laughing: but I have loved reading everyoneā€™s entries, seeing everyoneā€™s pictures, and hearing all of your thoughts. As a witch close to the sea, it warms my heart to know that others feel just as connected to the ocean as I do :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

@Ostara
Thatā€™s so frightening, Iā€™m so sorry that happened but so thankful she survived. I am keeping your daughter and Renea in my prayers and sending healing for the best possible outcome
:heart:

7 Likes

Yes i am sure it will come around just as summer does every year :blush:

7 Likes

Thank you @marsha.

6 Likes

@Ostara I love this! SO beautiful and peaceful. What a nice job you did on creating a tribute to the sea :smiley:

7 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.