šŸ§¶ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Of Spells and String

Oh! A quick google search for nature-y knots gave me this- I think Iā€™ll give a leaf knot a try! :leaves: :grin:

6 Likes

Iā€™m going to try to get this one done. Itā€™s definitely intriguing and I donā€™t know how I wound up with an abundance of twine, but here we are with about 4 rolls. I was going to try to make a witchā€™s ball for my tree with some on the ball, but maybe I can do this and put it on my tree with the knots. Weā€™ll see how this happens to go.

7 Likes

Okay so, apparently Iā€™m knot capable of this kind of string playingā€¦:rofl:. I tried a Celtic heart knot and failedā€¦then I thought Iā€™d do the infinity knot ā€¦see first pic for that attemptā€‹:face_with_hand_over_mouth:
Then I just figured Iā€™d start a new Witches ladder for my girls room. To help with peaceful sleep and confidence so I have one section done. Maybe if I get some paracord I can try the Celtic Knot againā€¦:thinking::nerd_face:

Blessed Be Witches!

8 Likes

Reminds me of when I was a kid in the early 70s and Macromay was everywhere.

7 Likes

Tamera,
Beautiful, and love your beautiful colors! I never tried the infinity knot ! I am in aw of your talent! Congratulations on your creative journey in the craft!
Blessed be
Jeannie

6 Likes

Iā€™m a 70ā€™s kid too! :smiley:

4 Likes

@Jeannie1 you are so sweet, thank you!:grin:

6 Likes

I like your Witchā€™s Ladder @Rowan! Looks good!

5 Likes

Hi I was wondering if it matters how many feathers are on the witch ladder?
Jeannie

4 Likes

Krissie,
If you put that on your tree it will be very meaningful! Go for it!!
Jeannie

4 Likes

My intention was to bring protection and create healing to my body mind and soul! During my craft Iā€™ll chanted this witches latter will create healing to my body mind and soul! Creating strength discernment perception and focus. Each feather represents the perseverance, I need to make my intention work so it is sealed with strength. First charm is a genie bottle with numbers and to me this means the clock is ticking. This will remind me that my time is valuable.Manifesting my time here on earth.The red feather symbolizes strength power courage, passion and the life force, and good fortune. Lavender is to help me with calmness during the storms! Gray feather is to give me peace during my storms. Pink feather is for love and loving myself. Purple is for communicating my feelings. The black and white feather is corresponding to the winds of change that are blowing my way. The yellow is for direction determination. Green is that I am healing. Roses for love and I have a bell :bell:
So mot it be!
I had a good experience only my son called me really disturbed and wanted me to drop off some clothes and I got interrupted during my craft. I feel like since I had to come back itā€™s sort of ruined it. But overall I had a wonderful experience it turned out good and I am very proud of myself!
Jeannie

8 Likes

OH MY GOODNESS @Jeannie1 that is GORGEOUS!!!

5 Likes

My project was a set of Witch Bells. Presumably used to scare away unwanted spirits. I chose red for grounding and self preservation, will and power. It serves two purposes- it is festive and protective. I started with a snake knot - snake is healing, hoping to keep us healthy, followed by a series of friendship knots as friends are welcome. Then 4 Celtic heart knotsā€¦ more friendship knots. Leaf knots- hope, renewal, and revival- the copper bells to align the physical and astral bodies and finished with another leaf knot.

ā€œ Guard my home, Bells on the door
Let only blessings walk on this floor
Block all evil and dark arts
May only good approach our heartsā€

I didnā€™t write this one but it works for me. :blush:

8 Likes

@Jeannie1 Wow! Amazing WITCHES LADDER!
You should be so proud!

6 Likes

@berta BEAUTIFUL Knots, and Bells!
:heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Ow thanks you Tamera,
I am so happy with it, Know I think Iā€™ll try Berta creative art! If I can, so far Iā€™ve been really successful and that is awsome!
Jeannie

6 Likes

Berta
I LOVE YOUR BELLS!! You are really good at what you do! Was it hard? Can I do that!?
What I really love about your art is that youā€™re really good with your words and love How do you put two challenges into one that is cool.
Jeannie
Blessed be
Merry part

6 Likes

I used @SilverBearā€™s knotting spell, where you knot your troubles up and then burn them. Hereā€™s what my knot looked like when I was finished tying it.

I used jute twine and that olive green color because it reminds me of the TV show MASH, and I was knotting the infection in my legs away. I bought a fancy book to go with my twine but havenā€™t had the chance to read it yet, so I did this. Many thanks to @SilverBear for sharing this spell.

6 Likes

That looks great @Jeannie1! I like all the feathers!

Great witch bells @berta! They look professionally made! :star_struck:

6 Likes

I hope it works! I want my dear friend healthy!!

6 Likes