šŸ§¶ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Of Spells and String

Aww! Thank you @berta! I hope it works too!

6 Likes

A witchesā€™ ball for the tree sounds amazing, @Susurrus! :star_struck: Good luck and let us know how it goes!

A+ for puns, @Rowan, and A+++ for the lovely Witches Ladder! :laughing: I love the colors you chose! They are so soothing and relaxing. I am sure the ladder will help your girls sleep well :sleeping: I know the Celtic Heart is tricky- it took me many tries before I could do it too! Stick with it, or maybe switch it up and dig into another knot. You have a talent for crafting!

@Jeannie1- I am in AWE! Look at that magnificent Witches Ladder! I love the diversity of feathers you choose- it is so wonderful to see :two_hearts: I love how they hold such a powerful meaning too :blush: Gorgeous spellwork, we are blessed to see your lovely craftsmanship come to life!

Stunning Witches Bell, @Berta- and your talents really shone through with all the knots you included! :heart_eyes: Your abilities always steal my breath away- this is yet another masterpiece youā€™ve crafted :sparkles:. And such a lovely chant too! Thank you so much for sharing!

May each knot tie up a problem and every twist tug away at your worries, @Amethyst- well done! This is a lovely spell and I hope it helps you heal up quickly :pray: Great job and thanks for sharing your beautiful spellwork!

7 Likes

I jumped into my project with a lot of ambition- I had some spare cord that I was planning to make into a leaf-knot bracelet to then either wear or wrap around a plant (somewhat inspired by shimenawa at Shinto shrines in Japan).

Got my cord :thread: , got my leaf knot tutorial video :leaves: , and made it through one knot- only to have the phone ring and become terribly distracted :sweat_smile: Oops!

Needless to say my one successful leaf knot is sitting on the table- not sure when Iā€™ll get back to that project :woman_shrugging:

But the beauty of distractions is that they usually lead to new projects, and while I didnā€™t finish the knot bracelet, over the weekend I did make some Christmas/Yule decorations to hang up around the apartment :evergreen_tree:

This is knot tying magick at its simplest:

One knot for luck, one knot for happiness, and a cheerful bow to tie in lots of love- binding positivity within the home :house_with_garden: .

This decoration is now hanging above the entranceway- Iā€™m hoping it will bring and hold many blessings during the holiday season! :candle::snowflake:

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend- blessed be! :sparkles:

12 Likes

This is your friendly reminder that this challenge will close:

:exclamation: TOMORROW, Dec 8th at 7:00AM CET (Central European Time Zone)!

Well done to everyone who has shared so far! :clap:

If you havenā€™t submitted an entry and would like to participate, please share your lovely knot magick by the deadline :+1:

Blessed be!

3 Likes

Thanks love! Hereā€™s to hoping it helps my legs!

4 Likes

I need to sit down and make the time to do what I planned on doing for this today :sweat:

6 Likes

I just got the empty ornament out so I can work on what I want to put into the ball for our home. I may have to make more than one.

6 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Well done to all participants! :partying_face:

A Props and Presents post with more details about prizes and shout-outs will appear shortly. Keep an eye on the main page of the forum! :eyes:

While this post will remain open for continued discussion over the next week, please be aware that no additional prizes will be given after today.

Congrats again and blessed be to all! :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

I know this challenge is closed but I had to work :frowning: and I just got mine done. Here is what I came up with and I really love how it came out.

I will be using these as part of my meditation intention essential oil kits. Sorry I couldnā€™t participate.

14 Likes

Gosh, thatā€™s pretty! You did a great job!

5 Likes

That is amazing. I know how challenging it is to crochet and this is incredibly intricateā€¦and 3D!!! Wowā€¦ Good job @Magdelinaā€¦ You get an A+ gold star from me!!!

7 Likes

Crazy T
You did great!! Real talent and you deserve the up most respect!
Jeannie

7 Likes

No worries at all, @Magdelina! I am grateful you decided to post despite the deadline- I feel lucky to be able to see such a lovely treasure! :heart_eyes: The craftsmanship here is amazing- you clearly have talent with string! I am sure it will be a lovely part of your meditation :person_in_lotus_position::two_hearts: You did a beautiful job on this piece- thanks again for sharing! :pray:

6 Likes

Okay @Magdelina that is beautiful and Iā€™m gonna need the patternā€¦

8 Likes

@MeganB I love your ā€˜gifā€™ that just made me giggleā€¦ too perfectā€¦ I know just how you feel.

On the other hand if you saw my work room right now you would be shocked. I need to stop taking on projects and get that place cleaned upā€¦ I have a corner where i have been wrapping packages to send, a dress I am stitching on the ironing board (I made a huge mistake and I am trying to fix it). I have the family treeā€¦ and all associated paperworkā€¦ not to mention my ever growing BOS I am trying to organize.

The good part is that I am not going anywhere and no one is visiting right nowā€¦ so I guess this is the perfect time to do all this stuff.

7 Likes

@MeganB Happyberryā€™s Youtube channel. I just looked up crochet celtic knot free pattern. She has a couple of them.

Here is the direct link to the video https://youtu.be/h5AKrLA2u7s

Happy crocheting!!! Blessed Be!

7 Likes

Thank you! I canā€™t wait to make one :joy:

7 Likes

@Jeannie1 I feel like I cheated on this one because I followed YouTube tutorials to make those knots. Starting and stopping the feed as I made the knots. I was relieved it worked out. I sent it to a friend for Christmas. Hope she likes itā€¦ I am sure her cats might!

If you want to try one I strongly suggest 3mm parachute cordā€¦ itā€™s nice and slippery, but ties easily. Iā€™m sure you can do it. Just be patient. Happy knotting!

6 Likes

oh thatā€™s so beautiful!!! Iā€™m so inspired :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Hahaha @Berta if watching YouTube videos counts as cheating, Iā€™ve been cheating my way through my whole life! :laughing: Thereā€™s so many great things to learn there- and a little guidance goes such a long way when it comes to crafting! :thread::blush:

They say that creativity in the brain works by taking bits of information and arranging them in new ways- so in a sense, everything comes from something else! Even with magick, we canā€™t poof something out of absolute nothingness- our intent and materials manifest our desires into actuality :sparkles:

So feel free to follow guides, watch videos, and be inspired by the crafts of others- thereā€™s nothing wrong with drawing on the wonderful resources around you. Anything you make with your own hands and materials will be 100% unique to you and the moment you crafted it into being :sparkling_heart:

Ichi-go Ichi-e

Happy crafting and blessed be! :raised_hands:

4 Likes