🤝 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - One Witch to Another

That’s beautiful :heart_eyes: I’m so happy that your mom is part of your journey and helps support you with practicing. I love this:

I wish we all could follow this!

14 Likes

I have a suggestion for Alvin: * A banana is the perfect fruit for growing a new aloe vera plant. Leave the skin around the banana and cut out a small square in the middle. Insert a piece of the aloe vera plant and leave it for at least one day. The banana will turn brown, but when you remove the piece of aloe vera from the banana , you will see that the plant has many new roots !

This is why you should put an aloe vera plant in a banana

www.tips-and-tricks.co/lifehacks/ aloe -vera- banana /2/

16 Likes

Save Alvin!

10 Likes

Aww @phoenix_dawn that is very sweet of you. :hugs:

10 Likes

In 1960 Field after field of farmland was being leased out to big companies to grow green beans or yellow beans. in the far west of New York State.
I decided I was going to surprise my Mom with some string-beans and took a great big paper bag to the field behind our house and for several hours picked beans.
I got second degree burns (I wore a halter top).
Blessedly, my great Aunt Phoebe, was visiting that summer because my mom had hepatitis [aka: yellow jaundice]. Mom was almost bedridden and didn’t know what to do, Aunt told her to get some rest she had an old remedy to take care of it.
She made up some sort of liquid, cooled it and put a wet bandage on my burns. I swear that it kept me from blistering and in a few days, the burns were gone.
Well, after a few years I finally asked Mom what Aunt Phoebe used and she answered “Tea.” Right, Mom, Tea.
I looked up what if anything could have been in tea to sooth sunburn. Sure enough, an old country remedy was tea, why? Tannic acid.

1. Apply freshly brewed tea after it has cooled to sunburned skin using a clean cloth. The tannic acid in black tea reportedly helps draw heat from sunburned skin, and aids in restoring the pH balance. Add mint to the tea for a more cooling effect.
  2. Apply teabags soaked in cold water to sunburned eyelids to soothe the burn and reduce inflammation.
    I wish I had been older, I could have learned so much from her. But at 12…?
    How about that? We lost so much when we lost the 3 generation families, Didn’t we?
12 Likes

This one is a bit difficult for me be absent I can’t choose just 1 or 2. I do remember being very welcomed when I joined the site.

I think 1 of my favorite things & the entire reason I started figuring out using YouTube; are @SilverBear videos & especially the Protection from Draining Energies & her What is Florida Water and Why Do We Want It? :green_heart: posts. The latter was my first time doing any kind of magic simmer pot, potion, spell.

@christina4 has been a wealth if knowledge regarding crystals & using them. She is wonderful with crystal grids & assisted me with my 1st ever grid! :parrot:

I have learned a lot about Celtic Paganism & working with Brigid from @MeganB. She has really been a great help through Freebie Fridays & other readings. I think it’s cute that my ancestors like her so much. I havent gotten any other readings from anyone else, aside from myself :joy:

There are so many more & I would be listing a good portion of the coven :infinite_roots: :two_hearts:

@Amethyst does a wonderful job making the meanings of tarot cards a bit more manageable for me too! She is great with her haiku. I look forward to reading them.

@Abs53 initially made me want to work with & learn about astrology more in depth. Now it is a significant part of my practice.

I am going to stop. Thank you to everyone, including the moderators & creator for everything. I learn something new every day. Sometimes multiple times in 1 day. I’m not leaving anyone out. I appreciate & :two_hearts: you all. You are an extension of my family.

14 Likes

Thank you so much @phoenix_dawn and @Siofra for even mentioning me. That makes me feel so special, I’m blushing! :blush:

9 Likes

It is well deserved! You are very talented & a great person to have in my life. :two_hearts: :infinite_roots:

9 Likes

Aww, thank you!

I don’t know who all to name, there’s so many people here I’ve learned from! My brain is going to explode!

10 Likes

That’s how I felt too.

From the courses that are put together for us by @Francisco & others, to the Neverending facets of our crafts & what resonates, it’s been quite the journey. @praecog29 has been awesome & his reviews & recommendations have expanded my practice & he’s also a great friend to have in my life. @TheTravelWitch has helped me with learning different things & expanding on some things that I already know or am interested in practicing. She also has some great ideas on ways to incorporate crafts with my craft. @Rowan has been an inspiration & I learn more & more about Hekate when I speak with her & she has some amazing recommendations. @Liisa was a wealth of knowledge about runes & their types along with history & meaning. I don’t practice using or making them. She did a great job with her posts, they were easy to follow & learn.

& I can still go on & on. :rofl: :joy:

12 Likes

My journey to obtain my witchy wisdom has been an amazing transformation and like a second childhood that started out as a mission to naturally heal myself. I’ve found a new life and beauty where I once saw boredom and emptiness. Although my journey thus far has been one of solidarity and solitude umong books, youtube links, websites, udemy, cards and other forms of knowledge, I’ve explored many thought provoking concepts and learned from many teachers that have helped completely transform myself and the way I live life. However the most valuable wisdom I’ve learned and often share relates to our powers and capabilities of the mind and spoken word. It is to do all things with a clear well thought out intention, that we attract what we put out and focus our thoughts and energy on, our words and thoughts very much become the things we see reflected in our daily lives. We can push or pull positivity and negativity into our lives with our minds, thoughts and words.Even the people and places we choose to be around. In addition we can cleanse or remove unwanted energy for ourselves,homes and lives in the same manner. All of us are capable of manifesting the life we want by simply believing and living as if we are already what we wish to accomplish. Speak, chant, write, cast spells and focus on what you wish to manifest and it will be. There are many veins of this wisdom and they run deeply through all of us via manifesting,meditation, casting spells, chanting or writing affirmations and incantations. These are the vessels in which the power of the mind and the spoken word share their magick with each and everyone of us based on our perception and reality.

I frequently include guided meditation, hypnosis, positive affirmations and binaural beats in my practice courtesy of Youtube.com. I’ve found listening to these types of mind provoking exercises not only add in your ability to transform your life, mental programing and the way you think but they help your mind exercise your intuition and imagination, thus building stronger ability. Check out a few of the video’s below.

Goddess Isis Sleep Music: Healing female energy

Are You A Starseed? Starseed Awakening 1111 Hz Binaural Beat Music | Sleep, Chakra and Meditation.

Deep Sleep Hypnosis: Receive Answers from Your Spirit Guides

Positive Affirmations REPROGRAM WHILE YOU SLEEP Raise Your Vibration, Consciousness, Health, Wealth

Before my recent discovery of Spells8.com I spent a lot of my time reading and studying with the following books and truly recommend checking them out as well. Each has tremendous amounts of invaluable witchy knowledge I feel grateful and privileged to have at my fingertips and by my bedside…. I love studying and spending time with these books. They are beautiful, wize and comforting. I enjoy running my fingers over the words of the books and see each one as a unique teacher themself.

Encyclopedia of Spirits by Juidika Illes

Encyclopedia of Spells by Juidika Illes

Encyclopedia of Witchcraft by Juidika Illes

The Big Book of Practical Spells by Juidika Illes

Buckland’s Complete Book of Witchcraft by Raymond Buckland
You are Psychic by Sherrie Dillard

The Green Witch by Arin Murphy-Hiscock

The Modern Witchcraft Guide to Magickal Herbs by Judy Ann Nock

Herbal Healing for Women by Rosemary Gladstar

Medicinal Herbs: A Beginners Guide by Rosemary Gladstar

Herbal Healing for Men by Rosemary Gladstar

The Book of Stones by Robert Simmons and Naisha Ashian

More courses and spiritual teachers I’d recommend on Udemy.com. Keep an eye out for awesome flash sales! :innocent:

The Talking Dead - Basics of Spirit Communications by Stacy Tallitsch
https://www.udemy.com/share/101FfQ/

Remote Viewing Basic - Turn Intuition into Super Psychic
https://www.udemy.com/share/101FfQ/

Tarot Card Success - The Complete Tarot Reading Course by Sal Jade
https://www.udemy.com/share/101Xua/

Definitive Spiritual Guide to Psychic Mediumship Development by Julian Jenkins
https://www.udemy.com/share/101XzM/

Judika Illes Amazon book store

:rofl: one more amazing resource for those of you who love working with herbs and want to save a buck or two !

https://www.bulkapothecary.com/wholesale-marketplace/

12 Likes

I have the knowledge of the soul seeker from my imagination and through prayer :pray:t4: incantations. I speak to the god and Goddesses. I am In connection to my many different spirit guides, like my ancestors from the past. For example my friend who passed who was always there for me is now in spirit. My mom who recently passed, I have a deep connection with through my minds eye!
In the physical plane I use plant spirit to communicate on a deeper level. I connect to my spirit guides daily. Since I have been a witch I feel blessed that I can always speak to the dead for spiritual guidance through a pendulum or through divination. I love this connection. I receive messages through my my minds eye and through my dreams to help me gain more understanding about the subconscious mind to gain more connection in waking life.
I have learned to use amulets and tailsman to help me with my own anxieties and stressors and conflicts. I have delt with addiction and found that using amulets and tailsman are very helpful! Learning my magic has helped me be more confident in myself.
Blessed be
Jeannie

14 Likes

You’ve gathered some wonderful witchy wisdom, @Phoenix_dawn, and have also kindly shared so much of your own wisdom with the forum! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Many thanks and big hugs back to you- you are already a very talented witch, and I know you will continue to grow and spread your witchy wings :dove::heart:

I agree with your Aunt Phoebe, @Garnet- tea is a wonderful healing tool! :tea: I usually use Aloe Vera and Lavender for burns and burn healing, but I’ll keep this in mind- black tea has many wonderful benefits indeed! Thanks for sharing the wise advice of your aunt, Garnet :pray::heart:

That is a lovely collection of wisdom, @Siofra- you’ve really come a long way in building your magickal practice, and have blossomed into a witch of many amazing talents! :sparkles: Thanks so much for sharing your kind words and the jewels of knowledge you’ve collected over your journey :blush::two_hearts:

Agreed, @JasmineTheBlueJ- YouTube is a treasure trove of witchy resources and fun videos! Thanks so much for sharing some of your favorite videos, websites, and courses that have made a difference in your practice. The bulkapothecary looks really interesting- I’ll be checking that out for sure! :raised_hands: :grin:

You draw your knowledge from so many wonderful sources, @Jeannie1- how amazing to forge such a deep connection with your passed mother, other ancestors, spirit guides, and deities- you have such a wonderfully diverse practice! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks for sharing- may you always continue to find joy in learning and growing your magick :sparkling_heart:

13 Likes

Honestly I have loved many posts from a variety of people on here! I think some of my favorite posts have been from @MeganB :smiley:

One of my favorite witchy channels on youtube is from “The Sunshine State Witch” She posts a variety of videos like “Wine & Witchcraft” and “Witchy Room Walks” . Here is a link to one of her most recent videos

12 Likes

My first lesson that comes to mind was from my spiritual advisors at Alexander Temple here in Colorado. They taught me to just listen to myself , to take time for myself and to just listen to body and my energy. Not just meditating but being aware of one’s self and releasing any negative energy that might be hanging on. I really need to get back into doing this because it really did help with my anxiety and depression.
Thank you for this challenge

16 Likes

@carmen3 hello and welcome. It’s great to meet you. Hope to chat soon

11 Likes

@TheTravelWitch thank you I could list more. I have learned so much from being here over the last year or so.

@carmen3 welcome to the forum! You will find that everyone here is very nice & supportive of your growth. On Monday there will be a Merry Meet Monday post that will give you an idea of the goings on here. This week’s post can be found Merry Meet Monday - Forum News! Aug 23 :volcano:

I look forward to learning with you!

10 Likes

This Coven has taught and is still teaching me so much ‘ but if I had to pinpoint 1 thing’
It’s that the “Witches tool-box” doesn’t matter that much ‘ it’s your own mindset that is the most important tool. & That you use your mind everyday with intention. It is in the water you drink (put intention in that) that in itself is the best magic. Change your everyday into something magical. Then you will see the Universe talking to you.
Be Grateful and love with intent!
Find that one thing that opens you up to the world ! It really is Magickal! & Write everything down that matters to you! You will find the special connections!

12 Likes

Amazing Advice!! :cupid:

11 Likes

this challenge for me is just that, a challenge! because I received the warmest welcome from everyone here, instantly felt like family, have learned lots and fell in love with everyone! :revolving_hearts:

(insert tag everyone here!)

the most inspiring witch for me though has to be everyone’s favorite @praecog29 . having come from a christian upbringing myself, his story and insight into changing from it to Wicca really spoke to me and helped me with some of my…(guilt isnt the right word…having a hard time finding it (sorry, cognitive issues :roll_eyes:) of leaving it behind, transitioning and following my true beliefs, my true self.
(Messy week, mushy brain so I hope this all makes sense)

Thank you Benjamin for being you! :revolving_hearts:

15 Likes