✋ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Palmistry

CHALLENGE ENTRY: (I’ll try to do my best translating to English, please correct me if its necessary!!

I made a reading of my right hand, where I can see that all the lines draw a M. And I can even see the rune ALGIZ in my

The Health line is straight, that means good health in general.
The Head line have a little X close to the beginning, (it’s accurate because I always had migraines and headaches)
Heart line is difficult to interpret for me. I see it straight, with a few branches in the beggining (according to my book, that means success)

Its my very first time doing a palmistry reading, and I thing the book I bought doesn’t have enough info. So I need to buy more books!! And If I failed reading my línes, any correction will be welcome!!

6 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge Entry- Palmistry

For this challenge I got out my palmistry workbook and studied up a bit. My husband and I examined our palms together one night and that was fun! I bought this book about 6 years before I knew I was a witch :smile:

Its a neat book. It has sample readings and how to do readings for other people.
:palms_up_together:

6 Likes

I finished my first weekly challenge! Yaaaaaaay! I checked out my palms. Crazy how one hand seems so organized and the other chaotic.

7 Likes

Challenge Entry - Palmistry

Love these challenges for learning about new things! While i know of palmistry, I’ve never really looked into it much.

I chose to try my hand… get it? Hand? :smiley: (sorry, i had to!!!) At reading my own hand. I took a few pictures and edited the contrast to make the lines clearer.

I have a fairly long l lifeline that starts strong and fades out. I feel like that reflects a bit of my personality. When i am interested in something new and exciting, I go all out with passion and energy but cant or dont usually sustain the energy in the long haul.

My head line starts strong and dips, fades and ends. I feel like that reflects my logical step by step approach to planning and problem solving mixed with my creative, whimsical side.

My heart line starts between my index and middle fingers. I feel like that reflects my long term romantic relationship that while mostly stable and strong, has gone through turbulence. There’s even a “bump in the road” on that line.

My fate line is short which i feel represents my mostly predictable life with some important events that are beyond my control such as my multiple sclerosis diagnosis at age 22.

My health line does indeed have a fork indicating a chronic illness. (It is interesting to note I chose not to read the lines meanings ahead of time and read them in the order I’ve presented. So i had no idea that a chronic illness was indicated in this line when i was reading my fate line).

The sun line. I really don’t see one.

Girdle of venus - I see a small bit of the line but not it’s not complete. I’m not sure how to interpret this?

Braclets - I have four deep lines. Won’t complain about that if it I indicates a long healthy future!

No marriage or children lines. The last part of accurate as I’ve never had and won’t in the future have children.

Interesting fun! I might try my left hand as well later.

7 Likes

****Weekly Witchy Challenge: Palmistry – I lost my palmistry book! :cry: So I used a YouTube video to try palmistry. My heart line curves and shows that I am affectionate. It is broken which indicates heartache. The head line curves up and that indicates creativity. My life line is deep and forks where it terminates at my wrist. That fork indicates that I have lived far from my birthplace. I was hoping it would count as a double line, meaning I have a guardian angel, but it didn’t really seem like a doubler. My fate line was short and I couldn’t really figure out if it meant anything, it did not seem too remarkable. So, everything was true! I was born in San Francisco but have lived almost all my life in Virginia. That was fun.

6 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

As a popular area of divination with close ties to the Craft, Palmistry is a really exciting topic to explore- great job to everyone who reached out and shared their hand magick this week! :raised_hands: I’ll have you know that I was following along, tracing lines and searching for symbols on my own hands as I read the entries this week- there was a lot of great wisdom shared! :pray::grinning:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

[ EDIT: the Props and Presents post for this challenge is now live in the forum- click the blue link to visit the post and see your shout-outs/badge description! :trophy: ]

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :raised_hand: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Hi @kristi2
Congrats :partying_face: on your first challenge. It’s nice to meet you!
With love :heart: and magick :dizzy: always

6 Likes

Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE Entry
I think for this Challenge, I am going to try my hand (no pun intended) at incorporating Palmistry and Astrology. I again missed last week’s challenge. Too much happening and when I need the internet Hotspot, I cannot get it. Anyway, I will give it my best shot again this week to turn the Weekly Witchy Challenge in on time.

My Theme is: How Astrology and Palmistry work together.

This article is described in a Western outlook to show the links between Astrology and Palmistry. It shows the following advantages: (Burns, Astro, 2019)

⦁ Palmistry clarifies which parts of the horoscope manifest in real life
⦁ The hands show how the dynamic chart patterns are expressed.
⦁ The hands provide a clear picture of the client’s state of mind and emotional well-being.
⦁ The hands include a timing correlation to validate transits and describe their likely manifestation.

As you will see next, Astrology is very complicated when used with Palm Reading:
**Palmistry is entwined with Astrology. **
⦁ Palmistry has an advantage that it can be practiced by any individual. You will only need to understand the basic principles of palmistry and then you are ready to go. But the disadvantage is that the accuracy of your predictions cannot be guaranteed. Hence, you will have to depend on astrology to further verify your results. (jothishi,2019)
⦁ Astrology and Palmistry both give emphasis on five elements of the universe. In palmistry, the measurement of fingers and the shape of the palms determines what element is predominant in your life among air, water, earth, fire, and sun. For example, a square palm with short fingers signifies Earth’s hand, and with long fingers stands for the Air hand. The astrological signs are used to categorize these elements. For example, astrological signs belonging to the earth element are Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. The characteristics of these signs describe the traits of a person with the earth elements. (jothishi, 2019)

Differences Between Palmistry and Astrology

Palmistry and astrology are the systems that you use to predict your character, life and future events in your life. Though they have similar work, the tool they are using in the process is different.

Palmistry is an art of reading the lines inside the palm. These lines are the tool which a palmist uses for his predictions. The flow of the lines and where they are intersecting gives him an idea about the person sitting in front of him. His personality, good and bad phases, and his future. A person must have completed training to achieve efficiency in it. Whereas astrology uses information like birth date and time to create a birth chart or horoscope. This chart will give complete details of your life.

Palmistry And Astrology Which Is More Accurate?

When it comes to accuracy, astrology is more accurate according to astrologers and palmists like Lubomir Tchervenkov, the eminent Russian astrologer who excels in astrology, numerology, and palmistry. Palmistry That Energy of Planets influence the lines.
Here is another good explanation how Astrology and Palmistry work together:

The common point of astrology and palmistry is that both of them offer details about your weaknesses and strengths and other details connected to your personality characteristics. Both these divination techniques can offer you an explanation of the things that happened into your past and focus on your future."

When I was doing my research, I came across this book, How to Know People by their Hands by Josef Ranald, 1938. I started reading it was really impressed with it. This book is filled with a huge amount of excellent, detailed information. That is when I found out there are eight (8) different types of hands.

1. THE ELEMENTARY HAND - The elementary hand is the first type of hand as per classical texts in palmistry. Elementary Hand Let us see identifying features of elementary hands– Crude and rough appearance of hand in general. An Elementary hand is normally an unrefined hand with small thick and stiff fingers. They are generally characterized with short nails, thick shapeless palm that is broad while the hand looks very rough. This type of hand is regarded in Palmistry as one of the lowest.
  2. THE CONIC HAND - The conic or conical hand tends to have smooth fingers and tapered nails. The palms on a conic hand are broader than the fingers and the width of the hand tapers in toward the fingertips. Individuals with this type of hand are usually artistic or impulsive in nature.
  3. THE SQUARE HAND - The square hand has a square-shaped palm, a square wrist, with square or boxy fingertips. One of the most outstanding characteristics is a larger thumb. These hands represent persistent and determined individuals. They are not ones who do well in chaos ? they seek order and conformity with the laws.
  4. THE SPATULATE HAND - The Spatulate Hand The Spatulate or active nervous type (Plate I., Part II.) is usually crooked or irregular looking, with large tips or pads at the ends of the fingers, rather like the spatula chemists use and from which peculiarity this type gets its name. The people who possess this type are in fact always “pounding” at something.
  5. THE KNOTTY HAND - The knotty or profound hand, also referred to as the philosophic hand, is one which goes with deep thought. You can recognize the type by its bony structure the joints large, the back of the hand ridged, the general outline irregular. Its fingertips are usually pointed or rounded.
  6. THE POINTED - The gesture is made by hand to pointing forward like a fist with only the index fingers and little finger stretched out. The hand thus takes on a primitive shape of an animal head with horns. If one wants to hide this gesture, it can also be made with the arm hanging or in the pockets.
  7. COMBINED TYPES - The Mixed Hand As per M.A. Malik, academically speaking there are only six basic types of hands in their pure and ideal form. The seventh called “The Mixed Type” represents simply a mixture of diverse traits of the first six with no specific features of its own.
  8. THE MIXED HAND - The mixed hand is a combination of 2 or more of the different palmistry hand types? square, conic, pointed, spatulate, or intellectual. These individuals are friendly, flexible and versatile.

In Josef Ranald’s book, there is a list of famous people and what story their hand will tells. I am only going to list one (1) famous person that I believe we will all know:

WALT DISNEY'S HAND is the fortunate combination of knotty- philosophic and spatulate. This is indeed a lucky duality, for it gives Mr. Disney the capacity for independent thinking plus the energy and courage for action. Too many thinkers live in a world of abstract ideas and do not contribute directly to the world we live in; and too many of our men of action are incapable of arriving at sound bases for their activities. From the creator of the world's most popular comedians, Mickey Mouse and his troupe.

Instead of quoting the whole book, How to Know People by their Hands by Josef Ranald, 1938, I am going to show SPECIAL MARKINGS IN THE PALM by Josef Ranald, 1938.

“IN addition to the eminences on the palm and the lines which cross it in all directions, you will often notice special formations. Each of these has its particular significance, modified by the position in which it is placed.” (Ranald, pg.76, chapter VX)

The pictures below are of: Stars, Circles, Islands, Tripods, Crosses, Squares, Triangles, and Grilles. 

By Tracy Medea Hill, 2022 (LOL)

how the dynamic chart patterns are expressed;
⦁ The hands provide a clear picture of the client’s state of mind and emotional well-being.
⦁ The hands include a timing correlation to validate transits and describe their likely manifestation.

As you will see next, Astrology is very complicated when used with Palm Reading:
Palmistry is entwined with Astrology
⦁ Palmistry has an advantage that it can be practised by any individual. You will only need to understand the basic principles of palmistry and then you are ready to go. But the disadvantage is that the accuracy of your predictions cannot be guaranteed. Hence, you will have to depend on astrology to further verify your results. (jothishi,2019)
⦁ Astrology and Palmistry both give emphasis on five elements of the universe. In palmistry, the measurement of fingers and the shape of the palms determines what element is predominant in your life among air, water, earth, fire, and sun. For example, a square palm with short fingers signifies Earth’s hand, and with long fingers stands for the Air hand. The astrological signs are used to categorize these elements. For example, astrological signs belonging to the earth element are Taurus, Virgo, and Capricorn. The characteristics of these signs describe the traits of a person with the earth elements. (jothishi, 2019)

Differences Between Palmistry and Astrology
Palmistry and astrology are the systems that you use to predict your character, life and future events in your life. Though they have similar work, the tool they are using in the process is different.
Palmistry is an art of reading the lines inside the palm. These lines are the tool which a palmist uses for his predictions. The flow of the lines and where they are intersecting gives him an idea about the person sitting in front of him. His personality, good and bad phases, and his future. A person must have completed training to achieve efficiency in it. Whereas, astrology uses information like birth date and time to create a birth chart or horoscope. This chart will give complete details of your life.
Palmistry And Astrology Which Is More Accurate?
When it comes to accuracy, astrology is more accurate according to astrologers and palmists like Lubomir Tchervenkov, the eminent Russian astrologer who excels in astrology, numerology, and palmistry. Palmistry That Energy of Planets influence the lines.
Here is another good explanation how Astrology and Palmistry work together:
“The common point of astrology and palmistry is that both of them offer details about your weaknesses and strengths and other details connected to your personality characteristics. Both these divination techniques can offer you an explanation of the things that happened into your past, and focus on your future.”
When I was doing my research, I came accross this book, How to Know People by their Hands by Josef Ranald, 1938. I started reading it was really impressed with it. This book is filled with a huge amount of excellent, detailed information. That is when I found out there are eight (8) different types of hands.

1. THE ELEMENTARY HAND - The elementary hand is the first type of hand as per classical texts in palmistry. Elementary Hand Let us see identifying features of elementary hands– Crude and rough appearance of hand in general. An Elementary hand is normally an unrefined hand with small thick and stiff fingers. They are generally characterized with short nails, thick shapeless palm that is broad while the hand looks very rough. This type of hand is regarded in Palmistry as one of the lowest.
  2. THE CONIC HAND - The conic or conical hand tends to have smooth fingers and tapered nails. The palms on a conic hand are broader than the fingers and the width of the hand tapers in toward the fingertips. Individuals with this type of hand are usually artistic or impulsive in nature.
  3. THE SQUARE HAND - The square hand has a square-shaped palm, a square wrist, with square or boxy fingertips. One of the most outstanding characteristics is a larger thumb. These hands represent persistent and determined individuals. They are not ones who do well in chaos ? they seek order and conformity with the laws.
  4. THE SPATULATE HAND - The Spatulate Hand The Spatulate or active nervous type (Plate I., Part II.) is usually crooked or irregular looking, with large tips or pads at the ends of the fingers, rather like the spatula chemists use and from which peculiarity this type gets its name. The people who possess this type are in fact always “pounding” at something.
  5. THE KNOTTY HAND - The knotty or profound hand, also referred to as the philosophic hand, is one which goes with deep thought. You can recognize the type by its bony structure the joints large, the back of the hand ridged, the general outline irregular. Its fingertips are usually pointed or rounded.
  6. THE POINTED - The gesture is made by hand to pointing forward like a fist with only the index fingers and little finger stretched out. The hand thus takes on a primitive shape of an animal head with horns. If one wants to hide this gesture, it can also be made with the arm hanging or in the pockets.
  7. COMBINED TYPES - The Mixed Hand As per M.A. Malik, academically speaking there are only six basic types of hands in their pure and ideal form. The seventh called “The Mixed Type” represents simply a mixture of diverse traits of the first six with no specific features of its own.
    THE MIXED HAND - The mixed hand is a combination of 2 or more of the different palmistry hand types ? square, conic, pointed, spatulate, or intellectual. These individuals are friendly, flexible and versatile.
    In Josef Ranald’s book, there is a list of famous people and what story their hand will tells. I am only going to list one (1) famous person that I believe we will all know:

WALT DISNEY’S HAND is the fortunate combination of knotty- philosophic and spatulate. This is indeed a lucky duality, for it gives Mr. Disney the capacity for independent thinking plus the energy and courage for action. Too many thinkers live in a world of abstract ideas and do not contribute directly to the world we live in; and too many of our men of action are incapable of arriving at sound bases for their activities. From the creator of the world’s most popular comedians, Mickey Mouse and his troupe, we can expect both oribook
Instead of quoting the whole book, How to Know People by their Hands by Josef Ranald, 1938, I am going to show SPECIAL MARKINGS IN THE PALM by Josef Ranald, 1938.
“IN addition to the eminences on the palm and the lines which cross it in all directions, you will often notice special formations. Each of these has its particular significance, modified by the position in which it is placed.” (Ranald, pg.76, chapter VX)
The pictures below are of: Stars, Circles, Islands, Tripods, Crosses, Squares, Triangles, and Grilles. T
By Tracy Medea Hill, 2022 (LOL)

Below is a quote that is a little lengthy, but it sums up this theme to a tee:

Are astrology and palmistry similar to each other? (Bloglet News, Brady Foster, July 2, 2017)

“Palm readers create a palmistry chart and Are astrology and palmistry similar to each other? astrologers design a natal chart. The common point of astrology and palmistry is that both of them offer details about your weaknesses and strengths and other details connected to your personality characteristics. Both these divination techniques can offer you an explanation of the things that happened into your past and focus on your future. The difference is that palmistry offers you information on the actions that happened into your past, but astrology has in view the things that happened in the past and that influence your life. In astrology, you are not responsible for your actions, an extern force made you react in a certain way, but in palmistry, you are the one who is responsible for your choices and actions. You are always living in the energies coming from the stars and planets, and this means that your body will absorb these energies continuously. The energies from the zodiac will always influence your body and this is why it is advisable to see a psychic who is specialized in offering both palm astrological reading, because in this way you will get complete information.” (Foster, 2017)

In Conclusion:

Palmistry is a part of astrology; it is a practice prevalent since ancient times. The practice was defined and formulated in India, traveled across the world, underwent regional modifications. It was studied by the Chinese, Egyptians, Persians, Greeks, and Romans. While the Catholic Church banned the practice 

During this Weekly Witchy Challenge, I have learned that when reading a person’s palm, having Astrology background seems to be mandatory. I, prior to Spells 8, was doing quite a bit of reading on Astrology and was fascinated with it, especially the Natal Chart. I was at the section of learning about the 12 Houses just before I started Spells 8. In the end, I would rather concentrate on my Witch Family here, and my schooling than read Palms…

Source:

1. Astro-Palmistry - an Introduction - Astrodienst
  2. Palmistry And Astrology: Connection, Differences, And More! - Jothishi
  3. The 7 Types of Hands
  4. Astrology and palmistry – are they connected | BlogLet.com
  5. Astrology and palmistry – are they connected | BlogLet.com
    connected/Astrology and palmistry – are they connected | BlogLet.com
6 Likes

This is an amazing way to take on the theme- I love the idea of combining astrology with palmistry! :star_struck:

I’m afraid the challenge deadline had already passed a few hours previously (I know it can be hard with the deadline, so as a friendly tip- look for the announcement posted as a heads up when the challenge closes) but this is such an amazing entry and I would absolutely love to count it during the upcoming Catch Up Challenge! :pray: When that challenge is running, would you please remind me/share a link back to this awesome entry so it can be counted then? It would be an honor to include it in the entries! :heart:

This is fascinating- thank you for sharing each of the descriptions of the hands! It really amazes me just how many hand types and ways to classify hands there are- not to mention that it’s such a fun activity to match your hand type to its description! :blush:

Beautifully worded- I appreciate how you examine the qualities of both astrology and palmistry, then their similarities, and their differences. It seems like they can both complement each other, but also maintain their own unique strengths when it comes to divination and analysis.

Thank you again for sharing such a great and thoughtful exploration of the theme- you really do amazing work, Medea! :clap:

Lots of love and many blessings to you :sparkles:

5 Likes

Lots of Love and Blessings back to you. Well, that makes (4) four Finished Challenges I have not submitted on time. I am going to have to put a huge alarm clock around my neck so I can get theses in on time. :upside_down_face: :dark_sunglasses:

6 Likes

I have full faith in you, Medea- you’ve got this! :raised_hands: :heart:

Have you tried using sticky notes before? I have several I keep around my desk and the room in addition to my planner schedule. It’s really thanks to them that I get anything done at all! I highly recommend them :grinning: :+1:

Lots of love and blessed be to you too! :sparkles:

6 Likes

My Entry @TheMuslimWitch
For this weeks challenge, i have researched:

I also decided to use a mini palmistry book with a mini model to help me to read my palm called Á little book of Palmistry by the publishers Running Press Philadelphia’.
Source: https://www.booktopia.com.au/tiny-palmistry-nikki-van-de-car/book/9780762495184.html?source=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjw48OaBhDWARIsAMd966BORlXHs7vlODJVd89TERlo2rwmatw_Fc8BAaWlFScXkOWng242200aAkGFEALw_wcB

From my interpretation my line are:

Short life line- Skilled at overcoming challenges

Forked heart line- Practical, good at maintaining balance in relationships

Curved heart line-Idealistic, intuitive and imaginative

Short fate line- Undecided as i could not find very much on this one after researching.

5 Likes

This is so cute! :star_struck: I love having the model- I imagine it can help a lot to memorize the key lines through the diagram. What a fun way to learn Palmistry! :heart:

I’m afraid the challenge deadline had already passed (I know it can be hard with the deadline, so as a friendly tip- look for the announcement posted as a heads up when the challenge closes) but this is a really lovely entry- although it is late for this challenge, I would be happy to count it during the next Catch-Up Challenge! Please just write a reminder/a link back to this entry during the CUC and I’ll be happy to count it then :star2:

Thanks again for sharing your lovely entry! I enjoyed reading it, and I hope you enjoyed learning more about Palmistry :raised_hands:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

5 Likes

No worries. I am a little behind sometimes and tend to miss bits here and there with everything going on. I am glad i was able to share at least my come in handy for someone who wants something similar. I will keep an eye out for the next challenge :blush:

5 Likes

I missed the deadline! :disappointed: but on a serious note i cant find my “head” line and my fate line has a lot of breaks in it? Any advice?

5 Likes

Thank you for you reply! I will def look into that book. I seen ur speciality is potion brewer. I have recebtly been researching and trying my craft at medicinal herb slaves/tinctures. Again, i am a baby witch! Found my path a littler later in life. I recently broke my wrist(post 6 weeks) and have returned to work. Sadly bosses have no empathy and threw me on heavier stuff (i am an inventory/receiver at a mail order pharmacy). I wont take narcotics and been using OTC meds. What natural ointments or salves could u recommend? Thank in advance! Bless the path of which you walk!

5 Likes

I think that is super cool! I’m the only “witchy” one in my family…or whatever you would like to call it lol I’ve always been fascinated with palmistry. I’m currently trying to learn and understand. I remember seeing an article about having a “M” in the palm, it’s crazy cause it appears that I have an ‘M’ in both palms. So, I’m definitely excited about learning/understanding more. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, Mom was pretty good at it. Me, I’m just learning. I know that having an M in your palm means something, but what I don’t know.

4 Likes

@Amethyst should you ever figure out the M, i have it on both of my hands. I know we had a discussion about it at one time…

The “M” symbol in hands!

4 Likes

Ooh, thanks for linking love! I’ll try to research sometime later today. Got to write some first today.

4 Likes