Weekly Witchy Challenge - Props and Presents (Cryptozoologist) 🦄

Thank you so much to everyone who joined in for the 93rd Weekly Witchy Challenge :unicorn:

Magical Creatures Beasts Fantasy Legend Myth Challenge

To all those who explored magickal and mythical creatures this week, here is a special shout-out for you! :mega:

In addition to new experiences, everyone who participated has also received the prize of a shiny new title:

:unicorn: :wolf: Cryptozoologist :vampire::open_book:

Crypto- from Latin, meaning: concealed or secret

Zoologist- an expert in or student of the behaviour, physiology, classification, and distribution of animals

(definitions from Oxford Dictionary)

Cryptozoology is a pseudoscience and subculture that searches for and studies unknown, legendary, or extinct animals whose present existence is disputed or unsubstantiated, particularly those popular in folklore

From Wikipedia: Cryptozoology

You worked hard for your new title- wear it with honor! :star2:

How to put your new title on display:

1. Look at the top right-hand corner of the site and click on your avatar/picture
  2. When the drop-down menu opens, click on the person (:mens:)
  3. Then, click on the next gear symbol (:gear:) /“Preferences”
  4. Scroll down the page until you see “Title”. In the small drop-down box, select the title of your choosing
  5. Click “Save” at the bottom of the page

There are many possible titles you can earn through interacting on the forums. Your chosen title will appear next to your username , and a full list of your earned titles is on your profile in the section “Badges” .

Enjoy- the badges you earn are trophies of your magickal accomplishments! :mage:

Picture from Pixabay

Beasts of myth and creatures of legend- cryptids and monsters and Fae, oh my! It was such a delight reading everyone’s entries this week, I was able to learn about so many mythical creatures, several of which I had never heard of before! :star_struck:

Whether it is or isn’t something you normally focus on in your practice, I hope you enjoyed the theme this week. By trying new things and exploring the entries of fellow coven members, the hope is that this challenge helped you to enrich your Craft :woman_mage:

Thank you again for participating! :tada::blush:

Picture from Pixabay

For challenge-seekers or anyone who missed this week’s challenge- no fear! Challenges run every week from Wednesday to the following Tuesday: there will be another challenge coming very soon ! Please keep an eye on the main page of the forum for an announcement :speaking_head:

Blessed be! :unicorn::sparkles:

16 Likes

Thank you for the new badge @BryWisteria! I loved reading the entries and we have some talented artist in the Coven. I can’t draw a stick figure!

10 Likes

Thanks for the new badge! I feel like Luna Lovegood now. Too bad we didn’t find a crumple-horned snorckack! LOL!

8 Likes

Thank you for this honor :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

Thank you for the new badge & congratulations :tada: to everyone else that participated & learned something new! :confetti_ball:

I look forward to the next challenge! :smiling_face:

7 Likes

Thank you! This was a very fun challenge and it was great to work with a new deity. May Inari protect everyone from all evil during this lunar cycle.

7 Likes

Congratulations Everyone!!! CRYPTOZOOLOGIST!!! What an AWESOME Badge! I will have to get this one on a catch up challenge.

I loved everyones entries. I learned a lot. Great job Everyone :rose: :+1:
:butterfly:

7 Likes

You know what, I’m kicking myself now that I think about it because I have two really awesome books that my sister-in-law had got for me as gifts! They’ve got all kinds of information about mythical creatures down to possible skeletal and muscle structure! I should have picked one of those :laughing:

7 Likes

Thank you for this!
I’ve gotten to the point where I look forward to seeing “Spells8” in my inbox. It always leads to something charming, informative, and uplifting in my opinion.
I look forward to more posts and activities.

Thanks again

8 Likes

This was a fun challenge @BryWisteria :heart: Thank you for the shining new badge :dizzy:

P.S. :thinking: It’s is ok to use it if I can pronouce it? Bahaha :rofl: (just kidding)

7 Likes

You’re very welcome everyone- congrats again to the Cryptozoologists! :partying_face: :unicorn: :wolf: :vampire: :open_book:

Thanks again so much for joining in the challenge! Next one is coming right up~! :tada::grinning:

@Amethyst :rofl::+1:

@Kasandra So mote it be! :ear_of_rice: :fox_face:

@Sarafeena_Sage The next Catch-Up Challenge isn’t too far away- next week is 94, so number 100 (seriously, 100!?! How can that be? :joy:) won’t be long! :grinning:

@MeganB I can’t speak if anyone else is tired of the theme haha, but I am always down to learn more about mythical beasts- those books sound awesome! If you ever feel the urge to share about the books… I’ll be waiting :nerd_face: :two_hearts:

@Wysteria_Norn Awww Wysteria, that is very kind of you! I am so honored that you are enjoying the content here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you enjoy the theme for next week’s challenge too! :heart:

@Marsha Hahaha you are too funny Marsha- that is me everytime I try to spell it :rofl: Cripto- no, Cryptoo- no, Cryptozolo- no… every single time. Thank goodness for spell correction :joy:

7 Likes

Thank you :hugs: :koala:

6 Likes

You’re very welcome, @Jessica72! :heart: Thanks again for all the great info about the mythical beasts of Australia- Drop Bears are new fave magickal critter of mine :koala: :laughing: :two_hearts:

4 Likes

This post is for a closed challenge- but no fear! Visit Activities to join current challenges and other fun forum happenings.