Oakey dokey artichokey… firstly I wanted to act upon the amazing information shared with me by the beautiful @BrightBear to work with my Solar Plexus Chakra so I followed the link to the Third Chakra Ritual to complete the guided meditaion.
Ok, so with all of my Lupus medication I can’t be out in direct sunlight for excessive periods of time, so I decided to utilize my most favourite time of the morning where I feel most at peace to do my meditation and spell work outside in the early hour’s morning sunlight (around 5:30am). (I start work early so I’m always up early on my days off… no rest for the wicked ) No incense, no music, just me, the Sun and Mother Earth.
During the meditation I decided to rest a piece of citrine -I added an affirmation to my citrine crystal “I release myself from the past” (for a boost in self-esteem and to bring about a more vibrant and positive flow of energy throughout the body) in my hands while using the ‘Dyhana’ placement for my hands (for inner peace and tranquillity).
I really felt that my meditation went well. I felt so calm. The citrine was absolutely buzzing with energy. I felt the energy move through me. Coming out of the meditation was slower than usual. It took a little longer than normal. It was just so nice sitting out in the sunshine.
I would also like to share these two… I did these after my meditation…
These came from The Little Book of Earth Magic: Connect to the Magic of the World around You by Sarah Bartlett
‘Ritual to Embrace the Self-Confidence of the Sun’
Self-awareness and self-acceptance help us to acceptance help us to accept and be more aware of others and the whole of the planet in turn. Solar energy magic enables us to be more confident in ourselves whatever our strengths and weaknesses, and to shine in whatever we do, allowing others to shine in their own way too. This Sun salutation will enable to you to connect with the Sun’s empowering energy, so that you can spread sunny joy all around you.
You will need:
- 3 gold ribbons or twine
- 1 piece of Tiger’s Eye - I added an affirmation to my tigers eye crystal “I acknowledge my own self-worth”
1. On a sunny day, walk outside and find a private space where you can perform your Sun salutation. Then bind the three gold ribbons in a plait or a braid, and repeat: ‘Solar light, bring me your grace so that every day I am aligned to your power, and in touch with my true self.’
2. Now place the tigers’ eye on the ground and encircle it with the gold plait.
3. Sit cross-legged before your solar offering and raise your arms above your head and your face to the sky. Make sure to close your eyes and avoid looking directly at the Sun! Bow forward and let your arms touch the ground. Repeat this five times, and then sit in a comfortable position again.
4. Repeat the above incantation and your tiger’s eye will be charged with solar energy. You can now carry it with you as a talisman and it will aid you in creating positive results and joyful times. Place the gold plait in a box for safe keeping. You can repeat this ritual anytime you need a boost of solar self-confidence.
This ritual felt amazing. The bowing felt so natural and peaceful. I do admit it felt so good. I did it twice.
’Sunflower Spell for Self-Esteem’
This practice is best carried out in an outdoor space where the Sun will shine full down on you at midday. (Please wear appropriate Sun protection when working in this way.) If that’s not possible, you can create a special space in your home by attaching an image of the Sun to a wall or ceiling.
You will need:
- 60 centimetre (2-foot) length of golden twine or ribbon
- 12 sunflower seeds
1. If you are working outside, let the Sun shine on you and open yourself to its power. Next, lay the ribbon or twine in a circle and focus on its centre. Imagine it to be the world; then imagine it to be the Sun or a sunflower waiting to burst into bloom.
2. Now place the seeds, one by one, into the middle of the circle to represent the twelve signs of the zodiac through which the Sun passes.
3. Repeat the following charm to bring yourself personal fulfillment and give goodness to the world at the same time: ‘’With this sunflower circle, I bring myself the joy and light of all that is in the universe.’
4. Sit for a moment in gratitude, then unwind the circle, take the sunflower seeds and store them safely away. Keep the seeds in the same place for twenty-four hours to promote all aspects of the Sun’s power for renewed self-esteem.
This spell felt so good. I just sat so quietly with my mind at peace, following the steps. I think that I may plant my little sunflower seeds to add a little brightness and cheer to my garden.
I had such a beautiful morning. Denzel came to join me to enjoy some sunshine. Togther we soaked up the warmth like little lizards.
Thank you everyone for taking the time to read my entry! Hope those spells/rituals are of use to someone else too!