šŸŒž Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Solar Magick

Great idea and wonderful recipe, @Kasandra!

This challenge was for me a great excuse to go find some sunlight, when itā€™s typically cloudy here during this season. :sun:

I shared this super interesting Wikipedia article on a separate topic, about solar deities around the world:

The one that most moved me was Aten from ancient Egypt. I wanted to share this PDF with a hymn to Aten, god of the Sun written by Pharaoh Akhenaten around 1300 BC.

When you set they die;
You yourself are lifetime, one lives by you.
All eyes are on [your] beauty until you set.
All labor ceases when you rest in the west;

Continues:

https://uh.edu/honors/human-situation/survival-kit/study-aids/Hymn%20to%20the%20Aten.pdf

12 Likes

Thank you! I do love my Egyptian Pantheon!

10 Likes

How wonderful that you can reach back to such a wonderful heritage. Iā€™m Irishā€¦we couldnā€™t even grow potatoā€™s

11 Likes

@Kasandra thank you for the shoutout but credit actually goes to my daughter because she found the original recipe while she was researching salts and their uses.

11 Likes

Hereā€™s my entry for the week. I designed it to be used any day but Iā€™ve got to admit Iā€™ll probably be using it on the Solstice. Itā€™s based on the concept that the sun is born anew each day.

Take your favorite solar drink, tea, orange juice, mimosas, what have you, and toast the sun as it comes up with the following prayer:

I bid welcome to the Newborn Sun!
You give joy and laughter and fun!
Thank You for bringing a return of the light,
for warming us, and for marking an end to the night.

Every day You climb up high
and watch over us from Your place in the sky.
Your birth each day gives us new challenges to meet,
You are strength and courage and fiery heat.

I ask you, Infant Sun, to grant us health!
Give us hope and enchantment, and donā€™t forget wealth.
Bless us with your infinite light!
Protect us from harm and strife!

I welcome You, Infant Lord!
Whose blinding rays I turn toward!
I offer You thanks for all You give
and ask for Your blessing on us as long as we live!

Blessed be!

16 Likes

I knew for this challenge I wanted to consecrate a talisman with sun energy because I have been moody and low on motivation as of late and I find wearing something reminds me to shift my energy. I found a beautiful sun charm at Jo-Ann Fabrics that was $5. I like how it has a moon in the center.

I used the Spells 8 ritual for consecrating talismans to charge it. I set intentions that this talisman will help me be energetic, positive, motivated and creative. After doing the spell, I wear it for five days. I am so happy with it.

This was my first week working in my new sacred space. It was a 2021 resolution of mine to create a sacred space in my home and I am happy I did it before the year ended. I added a sun ornament to the space this weekend. It was marked down to $5 at Jo-Ann! :slight_smile: Talk about abundance!

My Yule present to myself was this wonderful altar stone which the artist (Marcia Stewart on Etsy) kindly made for me.

I really liked the sun salt recipe posted by @phoenix_dawn for this challenge! I used it as the salt component in the talisman consecration. To make it, I used a blend of table salt, kosher salt and himalyan pink salt, chamomile, orange peel and cinnamon, all of which I had on hand, so that was easy. It smells wonderful! I will be using these salts in baths and spells to increase my optimism as the holiday blues are starting to get to me. I am also going to use them when I light my Advent candles tonight.

I really need sun energy in my life right now and now I think I will be better at tuning into it and making it an integral part of my practice. Thank you so much for posting this fun challenge!

17 Likes

@Amethyst. I LURRRVE this (really love it) and I am going to add this to my Solstice celebration when I wake up. Youā€™re such a gifted poet! Thank you!

10 Likes

@Francisco, that is lovely.

10 Likes

Mary25
I really like your tailsman and this was great craftmanship! How did you get it to be so perfect?
That is motivation for me thank you for sharing your gifts and I am glad you feel centered from the moon and your tailsman is charged!
Jeannie

9 Likes

Oh no, I bought the talisman. Dearie me, I could never make such a thing :slight_smile: I bought the charm for $5 at Jo-Ann Fabrics. They have some pretty gorgeous stuff. If I bought 2 charms, I could have gotten 3 free, but I was just too overwhelmed by it all.

8 Likes

@Amethyst that was beautiful!

7 Likes

I made solar water and sun charged some salts and crystals. I laid everything all out on the earth and sat with them, enjoying my grounding time. I enjoyed it so much I decided to meditate. I focused on the sunā€™s warmth and rays kissing my face and radiating through each item I had. Meditation is very powerful when youā€™re out in nature!! I did all this on a decently nice day for NY.

By the way, I noticed that the stray cat had her babies. I ran over and I caught the last one be born! What a gift to watch nature at itā€™s finest! Of course I had to call the animal shelter because I knew that the little kitties wouldnā€™t make it through the winter. The mother cat is a fighter, boy! But she ended up getting in the crate for some food. I donā€™t know why thereā€™s so many strays in my surroundings, meaning my back yard and not that much further šŸ¤· I just had animal control come not that long ago and pick up 13 cats, including 6 2-week olds.

11 Likes

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: December 21st, 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

Blessed be! :sun_with_face: :sparkles:

7 Likes

@Garnet May I interest you in one more? :wink: :tropical_drink: :joy:

@Debra2 Siofra said it beautifully and I totally agree- the challenges exist to help and encourage, I think it defeats the point if doing one takes away from necessary time for self-care! You are going through so much right now and are absolutely right to take all the time and energy you need to focus on yourself :heart: And, just like Siofra says, the next Catch-Up challenge isnā€™t too far away- there will be more chances to do this challenge in the future! So no worries at all, sending love and light your way Debra! :sparkles:

@Susurrus What a lovely meditation! Sunshine and crystals and bare feet in the earth- I feel energized just visualizing it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m glad you enjoyed such a lovely meditation and I hope the good energy continues to flow for you! Thanks for sharing, Siofra :sun_with_face:

@Jessica72 As always, your entries are so much fun to read- I really love your style of writing! :clap: Citrine is such a lovely stone to accompany you for the meditation, and it sounds like it all went very well! I love the sound of the Self-Conifdence Sun Ritual too, thank you for sharing it! And gosh the sunflower spell is so sweet- my mother has grown sunflowers in her garden a few times over the years and they would be amazing in sun spellwork :sunflower: May your sunflower seeds blossom as beautifully as your spellwork- great job and thank you so much for sharing the great resources, Jessica! :heart:

@RyuWyn Youā€™re very welcome! Agreed, it is a wonderful time of year to appreciate the sun and incorporate it into spellwork :blush: Those sounds like lovely plans- wishing you a very blessed meditation and sun salutation! Let us know how they go for you! :sun_with_face:

@Jeannie1 Awesome, Jeannie! :star_struck: Canā€™t wait to hear what you decide on :blush:

@Kasandra That is a lovely gift from your friend- you found such a great way to incorporate the dandelion petals in your Yule spellwork! :sparkles: Sun salts are a wonderful Yuletide craft, wishing you all the best with your spellwork!

@Francisco Hope the clouds will take a rest and you can find more sunlight this season, Francisco! :sun_with_face: Those are great resources about solar deities, thank you so much for sharing them!

@Amethyst Ohhhh is this a tea/drink prayer I see here? :star_struck: I love the idea of toasting the sun as it rises, what a great concept for a prayer! :raised_hands: And as always, your words knock it out of the park- this reads so beautifully, Amethyst :two_hearts: And I know itā€™s not always necessary to include, but you nailed the rhyming too- it really flows as it is being read! Great job :grinning:

@Mary25 What a find, Mary- thatā€™s a gorgeous talisman (and a great price too)! :heart_eyes: Lovely work with consecrating the talisman and congrats on your first week working in your new magickal space! And ohhhh look at that lovely altar stone- that is a worthy Yule present and will surely make a stunning addition to your altar space :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Great job and thanks for sharing!

@Christina4 It sounds like some very peaceful and powerful grounding work with your salts and crystals, Christina! And I think you enjoyed the sunā€™s blessings too- it really sounds like a warm and lovely meditation :person_in_lotus_position: :sun_with_face: Congrats to your kitty momma, she is lucky to have you nearby to save her and the kittens! May they all be healthy and well :black_cat: :two_hearts:

12 Likes

I just couldnā€™t think of something wonderful to submit for our
Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Solar Magick
but Let me start with 10 songs about sun/sunshine

1. ā€œPocketful of Sunshineā€ by Natasha Bedingfield
  2. ā€œWalking on Sunshineā€ by Katrina and The Waves
  3. ā€œAinā€™t No Sunshine When Sheā€™s Goneā€ by Bill Withers
  4. ā€œSeasons in the Sunā€ by Westlife
  5. ā€œThe Sound of Sunshineā€ by Michael Franti & Spearhead
  6. ā€œTrip Around the Sunā€ by Kenny Chesney
  7. ā€œSunshine Songā€ by Jason Mraz
  8. ā€œBrighter Than the Sunā€ by Colbie Callait
  9. I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash
    10.Saturday Sun" by Vance Joy

Here, Iā€™ll stop before the boredom sets inā€™

But my favorite lyrics:
I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
Itā€™s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun shiny day!
What can be more magical that that?
Garnet

12 Likes

Bri, thanks for the offer but more than 2 and Iā€™d have to be wheeled home in a wheelbarrow. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :kiss:

8 Likes

It went very good. I meditated with the mantra Ram and always breathing visualizing a fire growing in my stomach, I also used my tigerā€™s eye.

Thanks for the challenge again!

10 Likes

Solar Plexus Healing

I decided to focus on healing my solar plexus for this challenge. I thought that Iā€™d do a simple grid as my energy has been really low. So, I started working with full chakra grid and it didnā€™t feel right. I was going to use the sanskrit image but was drawn to this celtic sun knot image. :sunny:

Solar Plexus grid.pdf (345.3 KB)

celtic sun knot

(10:10 am) While drinking my coffee with Rio, our sweet dog I remembered a somatic technique to relax your kidneys and adrenal glands. I plan on doing this later on today. :raised_hands:t4:

(2:00pm) After a beautiful walk in the sun collecting some falling cedar branches it was time for some deep healing. :relieved: With a warm compress on my mid back and my hand under one kidney at a time to support them and let them relax and plump up again. This was exactly what I needed. Thank you Solar Magick challenge for shining a light in this direction. :orange_heart:

How to heal adrenal fatigue by working with stress organs - Irene Lyon. The technique starts at the 8:30 mark.

17 Likes

I love it @Garnet ! Your sun song playlist reminded me of my Mum signing, ā€œYou Are My Sunshineā€ by The Pine Ridge Boys. :purple_heart: :sunny: :purple_heart:

10 Likes

@Garnet And we canā€™t forget/ Mr. Sun , Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, Please shine down on me. Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, Hiding behind a treeā€¦by Raffi :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes