šŸŒž Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Solar Magick

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder!

:exclamation: This challenge will close TOMORROW :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline: Tomorrow: December 21st, 7:00 AM EST (Eastern Standard Time Zone)

Blessed be! :sun_with_face: :sparkles:

7 Likes

@Garnet May I interest you in one more? :wink: :tropical_drink: :joy:

@Debra2 Siofra said it beautifully and I totally agree- the challenges exist to help and encourage, I think it defeats the point if doing one takes away from necessary time for self-care! You are going through so much right now and are absolutely right to take all the time and energy you need to focus on yourself :heart: And, just like Siofra says, the next Catch-Up challenge isnā€™t too far away- there will be more chances to do this challenge in the future! So no worries at all, sending love and light your way Debra! :sparkles:

@Susurrus What a lovely meditation! Sunshine and crystals and bare feet in the earth- I feel energized just visualizing it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m glad you enjoyed such a lovely meditation and I hope the good energy continues to flow for you! Thanks for sharing, Siofra :sun_with_face:

@Jessica72 As always, your entries are so much fun to read- I really love your style of writing! :clap: Citrine is such a lovely stone to accompany you for the meditation, and it sounds like it all went very well! I love the sound of the Self-Conifdence Sun Ritual too, thank you for sharing it! And gosh the sunflower spell is so sweet- my mother has grown sunflowers in her garden a few times over the years and they would be amazing in sun spellwork :sunflower: May your sunflower seeds blossom as beautifully as your spellwork- great job and thank you so much for sharing the great resources, Jessica! :heart:

@RyuWyn Youā€™re very welcome! Agreed, it is a wonderful time of year to appreciate the sun and incorporate it into spellwork :blush: Those sounds like lovely plans- wishing you a very blessed meditation and sun salutation! Let us know how they go for you! :sun_with_face:

@Jeannie1 Awesome, Jeannie! :star_struck: Canā€™t wait to hear what you decide on :blush:

@Kasandra That is a lovely gift from your friend- you found such a great way to incorporate the dandelion petals in your Yule spellwork! :sparkles: Sun salts are a wonderful Yuletide craft, wishing you all the best with your spellwork!

@Francisco Hope the clouds will take a rest and you can find more sunlight this season, Francisco! :sun_with_face: Those are great resources about solar deities, thank you so much for sharing them!

@Amethyst Ohhhh is this a tea/drink prayer I see here? :star_struck: I love the idea of toasting the sun as it rises, what a great concept for a prayer! :raised_hands: And as always, your words knock it out of the park- this reads so beautifully, Amethyst :two_hearts: And I know itā€™s not always necessary to include, but you nailed the rhyming too- it really flows as it is being read! Great job :grinning:

@Mary25 What a find, Mary- thatā€™s a gorgeous talisman (and a great price too)! :heart_eyes: Lovely work with consecrating the talisman and congrats on your first week working in your new magickal space! And ohhhh look at that lovely altar stone- that is a worthy Yule present and will surely make a stunning addition to your altar space :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Great job and thanks for sharing!

@Christina4 It sounds like some very peaceful and powerful grounding work with your salts and crystals, Christina! And I think you enjoyed the sunā€™s blessings too- it really sounds like a warm and lovely meditation :person_in_lotus_position: :sun_with_face: Congrats to your kitty momma, she is lucky to have you nearby to save her and the kittens! May they all be healthy and well :black_cat: :two_hearts:

12 Likes

I just couldnā€™t think of something wonderful to submit for our
Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Solar Magick
but Let me start with 10 songs about sun/sunshine

1. ā€œPocketful of Sunshineā€ by Natasha Bedingfield
  2. ā€œWalking on Sunshineā€ by Katrina and The Waves
  3. ā€œAinā€™t No Sunshine When Sheā€™s Goneā€ by Bill Withers
  4. ā€œSeasons in the Sunā€ by Westlife
  5. ā€œThe Sound of Sunshineā€ by Michael Franti & Spearhead
  6. ā€œTrip Around the Sunā€ by Kenny Chesney
  7. ā€œSunshine Songā€ by Jason Mraz
  8. ā€œBrighter Than the Sunā€ by Colbie Callait
  9. I Can See Clearly Now" by Johnny Nash
    10.Saturday Sun" by Vance Joy

Here, Iā€™ll stop before the boredom sets inā€™

But my favorite lyrics:
I can see clearly now, the rain is gone,
I can see all obstacles in my way.
Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
Itā€™s gonna be a bright (bright), bright (bright)
Sun shiny day!
What can be more magical that that?
Garnet

12 Likes

Bri, thanks for the offer but more than 2 and Iā€™d have to be wheeled home in a wheelbarrow. :see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil: :kiss:

8 Likes

It went very good. I meditated with the mantra Ram and always breathing visualizing a fire growing in my stomach, I also used my tigerā€™s eye.

Thanks for the challenge again!

10 Likes

Solar Plexus Healing

I decided to focus on healing my solar plexus for this challenge. I thought that Iā€™d do a simple grid as my energy has been really low. So, I started working with full chakra grid and it didnā€™t feel right. I was going to use the sanskrit image but was drawn to this celtic sun knot image. :sunny:

Solar Plexus grid.pdf (345.3 KB)

celtic sun knot

(10:10 am) While drinking my coffee with Rio, our sweet dog I remembered a somatic technique to relax your kidneys and adrenal glands. I plan on doing this later on today. :raised_hands:t4:

(2:00pm) After a beautiful walk in the sun collecting some falling cedar branches it was time for some deep healing. :relieved: With a warm compress on my mid back and my hand under one kidney at a time to support them and let them relax and plump up again. This was exactly what I needed. Thank you Solar Magick challenge for shining a light in this direction. :orange_heart:

How to heal adrenal fatigue by working with stress organs - Irene Lyon. The technique starts at the 8:30 mark.

16 Likes

I love it @Garnet ! Your sun song playlist reminded me of my Mum signing, ā€œYou Are My Sunshineā€ by The Pine Ridge Boys. :purple_heart: :sunny: :purple_heart:

10 Likes

@Garnet And we canā€™t forget/ Mr. Sun , Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, Please shine down on me. Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, Hiding behind a treeā€¦by Raffi :rofl: :rofl:

8 Likes

I am now in total lust for your perfume bottle.!

8 Likes

Iā€™m so glad you liked it! I LURRRVED your sacred space, it looked very witchy. Especially that altar stone. Very nice!

Thank you so much!

Sounds lovely! And yay for you for saving the kitties!

Thanks so much for those kind words, @BryWisteria! Iā€™m so glad you liked it and thought it was a good read.

Ah, the magic of music! Thanks for sharing @Garnet!

7 Likes

My Solar Magick entry, I made Miss @MeganB Sunshine Oil.

I dried the orange peel then added all my firey holiday favorites!
Star Anise
Cinnamon
Clove
Nutmeg
Chamomile
Then topped it with olive oil. I started it on the 17th and have been shaking everyday. I canā€™t wait until itā€™s done. It smells so good!
Thank you, MeganB!

17 Likes

Whenever I need Leo Size Strength ā€˜ I do call to the Sun ā€˜ and I do try to wake and sleep with the Sun but ā€˜ Iā€™ll keep working on that kinda strengthā€™ lol. My boyfriend is a Leo ā€˜ and I donā€™t know what kinda strength I need to understand him, lol, so if any body has any ideasā€™ :laughing: Iā€™ll try them all!

11 Likes

Oh yay! I just made a fresh bottle this morning too but with essential oils and sunflower petals! Great minds think alike! :partying_face: :sunny: :sunflower:

10 Likes

There are hundred of sun songs, I just picked the ones I could remember.
Garnet

8 Likes

My Weekly Witchy Challenge - Solar Magick entry

I had a hard time choosing what to do for this challenge. I decided to try using Sunlight to Charge Magickal Tools on my two newest Tarot decks.

Luckily it was a sunny day today after a few days of rain and I was able to charge them both in the sun. Iā€™m looking forward to using this technique on other magickal items, perhaps I will charge my bronze rune set when I complete them!

Blessed be,

Kat

12 Likes

I put my Solar Magick challenge entry here: https://forum.spells8.com/t/my-solar-magick-challenge-entry/17564 :heart:

10 Likes

I struggled and for a while I felt Ra calling me, well here it goes! ā€œAll seeing oneā€ this speaks to me I want to see In mythology, horus plunged out a eye :eye: of set and was restored! I thought of the shit Iā€™ve been through and felt maybe if I honor Ras energy he could restore me, It is believed to have healing and protective energies and it was used as an amulet so I bought one to use! I think I could get this as a tattoo too, hopefully soon one day. The symbol is divided into six parts and I could use smell, sight, thought, hearing, taste and touch! I did leave out a lemon as an offering and did a prayer request to Ra by using spells 8! On the homepage the solar disk prayer I gave him sandalwood!
Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra Ra
:sun_with_face:your golden rays shineā€‹:hugs:
:shield:your protective shield is massive
intertwined with this sight you bring light :high_brightness:
You warm me, healing me internally externally
You bring stability and Stabilize!
At your blaze
Itā€™s no maze
conflicts and stressors begin to fade!
Without friction
you melt the worry and sadness with no distress!

image|375x500
Jeannie

12 Likes

This have been an amazing week. I really enjoy sun gazing, and sitting out in the Sun. I felt the sun as been shinning on me so bright this week!
I focused on my solar plexus Chakra , healing myself kf doubtful, thinking , negative energy and hurt and pain.

The sun has reminded me how powerful I am during the day as well as the night. Iā€™m continuing to heal everyday. I carried my tigers eye and rose quartz reminding me of Love, strength and courage that dwells within me. I handled situations thrown at me this week without a thought of negativity or disappointment! I surprised myself , at how graceful I have been. I feel better than I have been feeling in awhile. I also realized I didnā€™t need sacred place within my home but in nature.
Iā€™ve been sharing space until Iā€™m able to move into my own place again. and havenā€™t been able to really practice as Iā€™ve been used to doing. This challenge showed me I wasnā€™t tapping into the great outdoors enough.

Iā€™m looking forward to making the orange healing oil over this weekend when Iā€™ll have the house to myself while my everyone is out . I donā€™t have to worry about being interrupted or my oil being tampered with.

This is my 2nd challenge I joined in on, Iā€™m so grateful I did. And grateful for all of you . I never feel alone o. This journey since joint this covenā€‹:purple_heart::purple_heart:.

9 Likes

Nice @Jeannie1! You did a good job!

@MsQ Iā€™m glad the sun has been shining for you! May it continue to heal you and warm you!

10 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

The solstice sun rises today to find that the coven is already shining and alight with magick- beautiful solar work this week, everyone! :sunrise:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be and Happy Solstice! :sun_with_face: :sparkles:

6 Likes