šŸŽ‡ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Spell Swap Meet

When it comes to Magick these days I have began to think big I feel as though I lost much time without applying it. My experience so far has been positive to the point where any disbelief is gone I have always been open to big possibilities in the universe and with my small abilities working so well I just really feel like we are the only things that can hold us back Remember how Bruce Willice character behaved in unbreakable? He behaved within the limits he believed he should have never realizing what he was capable of who knows we very well all may be in that same situation

11 Likes

There are other virtues I could most definitely work on, but patience, Iā€™ve been pretty ok in that department, and I think the reason why is that I enjoy seeing situations play out, the process of unfolding, but also want to move things along as well. Suppose a balance too :woman_shrugging:

9 Likes

Here is one that I found to be useful and effective. It requires you be near to some sort of a body of water to perform. Iā€™m fortunate to have a small stream and pond out behind the house so getting out to the water at sunset was easy for me but may be somewhat of an obstacle depending on your situation.

It is called ā€œTears of Poseidon - The Ritual of Griefā€ and is by Phyllis Curott.

"Combine one cup of salt and three cups of water in a bottle or other container and bring it with you to the waterā€™s edge (even a small stream will do), preferably at sunset. Let yourself grieve. Think about your losses and reasons to mourn: relationships that have failed, friends and family that you have lost, opportunities that have passed you by or dreams that died, time that was wasted caretaking for unappreciative people instead of spent nurturing yourself, the loss of permission to cry, the absence of your father, or whatever haunts you.

Allow your feelings to surface. Cry if you can. Invoke Poseidon, the ancient Greek god of the sea, whose myths are filled with emotion as deep as the ocean, and who is a god of male emotions. You might simply say: ā€œMighty God Poseidon, whose feelings are as deep and powerful as the vast seas you rule, hear my lament, accept my tears, help me to cleanse my heart and free my soul to feel.ā€

Speak your grieving out loud, stating your regrets and suffering, your fears and losses, your pain and sorrow, and each time you acknowledge aloud something that you are grieving, pour some of the salt water into the water before you. When you are done, wash your face in His waters, and thank Him.

Repeat this practice as often as you need to, until you feel your grief breaking up and dissolving and your feelings beginning to flow."

You can find it in this book, a favorite of mine:

14 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing that one @Valen :blush: I think that may be a very useful one to add to my month of ā€œhitting the connection that I feel towards my narcissistic and toxic ex with every single thing I can find, I need him out of my headā€ repertoire. I have just about finished reading a book that was a gift from my mum by Phyllis Curott. I really am enjoying it. I will try and track down ā€˜Witch Craftingā€™. Seems like my kind of book. :grinning:

10 Likes

Hope it helps @jessica72 ! I know the feeling of having that kind of hurt get stuck inside. This was one of the first spells I did that I felt like it started working during the ritual and brought out junk I had kind of hidden away. She makes another good point about working with water in the book as well, that itā€™s helpful to not just let the water wash away the negativity but to let itā€™s purity fill you as well. I think it was in reference to ritual bathing, but it was something I hadnā€™t considered :grinning:

10 Likes

As I am very much a brand new baby witch my awesome and supportive mum bought me ā€˜Wicca Made Easy: Awaken the Divine Magic within Youā€™ by Phyllis Curott and that was actually one of the first rituals that she encourages, is a simple cleansing salt water ritual for purification. She recommended simple salt water in the bath tub or even better utilising the ocean. I really am enjoying reading her work.

11 Likes

My week ended up becomingā€¦ insane with some serious interpersonal drama that wrecked several of my days. I donā€™t know why I havenā€™t been able to tailor and follow through on my cord-cutting ritual to cut the ties to this negative person. I have a very hard time letting go even when I know itā€™s harming my mental health.

If you know anything about angler fish, this meme is me to a T, always drawn to the false lightā€¦

So now is the timeā€¦ honestly past time to free me from this negative relationship and reclaim my energy.

Cord Cutting Ritual and will follow it up with I Release You.

Thank you for this challenge. Iā€™ll let you all know how things go afterward. :purple_heart:

Blessed be,

Kat

10 Likes

@katnabis Oh my! That meme nails my relationship with my toxic and narcissistic ex of 15 years to an absolute T. I only ended things with him 6 weeks ago. I have days where I do struggle and I miss him terribly, even though he is a horrible person. That meme sums it up perfectly. I have planned a whole month of unbinding rituals, cord cutting, release, you name it to try and break the bond. I have affectionately named it ā€œhitting the connection that I feel towards my narcissistic and toxic ex with every single thing I can find, I need him out of my head repertoireā€. Next on the hit list is the

9 Likes

I believe the most powerful spell is Ritualā€™ something you do with intent on a regular basisā€™ and mine is at least 20 mins a day (sometimes longer , hehe) that I dedicate to Me and my craft. Itā€™s my own personal time with no distractions ā€˜ to meditateā€™ pick herbsā€™ ground ā€˜ give thanks ā€˜ etc. I have been using this time everyday to get my greenhouse ready for winter. We all need to give ourselves time to just be ā€˜ time to dedicate to ourselves for our own peace of mind :cupid:

12 Likes

Hi everyone. Here is a spell I have used for a very long time. It has always worked well for me.

12 Likes

@Valen This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing. I think Iā€™ll copy this down if thatā€™s okay?

10 Likes

@Rowan May it serve you well and be a blessing to you as it was for me.

10 Likes

Oh my goodness! I am so happy this is happening!
I did not think I was going to make it to this challenge so I am delighted! The weekly challenges have become a highlight of my week. Itā€™s like a homework assignment for me and I not only enjoy it but also deeply appreciate the stimulation so thank you for creating them. :purple_heart: blessed be.

This spell I found here on Spells8 is my favorite to do lately I absolutely love it! I have found it to work every time almost immediately! I think I have done it about a hundred times! The only thing I change up is that I played soft cosmic sounds, native American flute music or Tibetan bells, depending on the timing, the day, and what mood I am in.

My husband and I just got home from a weekend road trip and so I want to share a spell out of my witch book that I performed ( I donā€™t know why but I have always just called my magical books my ā€œWitch Booksā€ and now that I am thinking about it I really do wonder how that started? huh, maybe Iā€™ll have to craft a spell to remember?.. anyway back to the spell at hand)

Since we had a rental car I first used a small amount of sage oil, a small bell, that I rang 3x3x3=9 times while visualizing the thick air leaving the car to release any negative or stagnant energy that might be trapped. then I performed a simple spell to enchant our car for safe travels. Something that I did add which is not written down was that I also placed a protection rune along with Hecateā€™s key into the glovebox.

-much love and many blessings!

15 Likes

PIcking a favorite spell is really difficult! I have done many of the Spells8 spells and enjoyed them so much. I guess the one I use most frequently is the stop procrastinating spell. That has been super-helpful for me whenever I get stuck.

https://spells8.com/spell-stop-procrastinating/

11 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Thank you to everyone who shared their favorite spells, rituals, blessings and more- hopefully you had fun reminiscing, and were able to add some great new spells to your collection too! :open_book: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :sparkler::heart:

9 Likes

Agreed, @Kasandra! Itā€™s a shame, but when it comes to dealing with problematic customers, thereā€™s really no way to please them. They are the problem- itā€™s got nothing to do with you as the helper! So stay strong and keep being your wonderful self :heart::blush:

You make a great point, @Jim- magick is all about looking past the boundaries and seeing what else is out there, beyond the confined world of the known. There are so many possibilities when it comes to magick! Keep on exploring, Jim- Iā€™m cheering for you that you find all that which you seek! :grinning:

That is a beautiful water spell, @Valen- even just reading it feels soothing and healing. Thank you so much for sharing it, that looks like a really useful witchy book! :heart:

Sometimes the simple rituals are the most powerful- that sounds like a lovely salt water soak for cleansing, @jessica72! Thanks for sharing it :ocean:

Sorry it has been difficult for you lately, @Artemisia- wishing you all the best with the cord cutting and release spellwork! May they help you find the freedom and peace of mind you seek. Let us know how it goes! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Daily spellwork helps to us involved and growing in our practices- it sounds like you have developed a lovely daily ritual, @steph! Thanks for sharing about your sacred ā€œme timeā€ :two_hearts:

It is always a great idea to keep a Banishing Illness spell on hand! Thanks for sharing this one, @crystal- may I ask where you found it? If it comes from a source with similar spells, Iā€™d love to check those out too! :blush:

I am so happy to hear you enjoy the challenges, @moonshadow! :heart: The anxiety spell is a treasured one- it really does help in a variety of situations. And as someone who is often on the road, I really love your Travel Spell too! Thanks so much for sharing! :purple_heart:

Thatā€™s a great choice, @mary25- motivational spellwork is a life changer! Thanks for sharing the procrastination spell :blush:

15 Likes

I may be too late Iā€™m not sure but I spent a lot of time looking through things for a spell to share. This morning I did a spell that @Francisco suggested in a Post from earlier this year. Iā€™ve had it copied down in my kitchen Grimoire for a while. Cody and I have both been working towards getting things ready to get a place of our own the last couple of weeks and had settled on an option that would take us a few weeks to nail down but we got news today that hes been approved for like 18k I back unemployment so it looks like we will be moved by Christmas :grin: his mood spiked before the spell was complete and I felt drained so I took a nap and woke up to the message saying that the financial part was figured out :grin:

9 Likes

Hi Travel Witch, I didnā€™t think I was musically inclined but know I am :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Thanks for your sunshine love and I hope your doing well!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Thatā€™s wonderful news, @phoenix_dawn- congrats to you both for all the happy things happening! You deserve all the blessings coming your way :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: While the Spell Swap Meet is over, this week is actually a Catch-Up Challenge (challenge #70) where all old challenges are re-opened! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Please feel free to enter this lovely spellwork into the current challenge and Iā€™ll be happy to award you the badge :sparkles::blush:

Many thanks back to you, @Jeannie1- and it looks like you have a new skill to add your list of many abilities! You are one talented and amazing witch! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :woman_mage:

9 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.