🏆 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Challenger

Oh, wow! As a newbie witch, there are so many areas I want to explore. How will I decide?? Looks like today is for brainstorming!! :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Also congrats on the 50 weeks!!! :partying_face: :partying_face:

11 Likes

We’re already at the 50th challenge? Nice!
I was unsure what to do, since I think I’ve tried just about everything, but after reading through the first post and looking at one of the pictures, I think I will try some Mirror Magick. Not sure what kind of spell I will use the mirrors for yet, but I’ll think of something!

10 Likes

As a Libra I’m horribly indecisive so I’m going to have to think about this one :joy:

8 Likes

Hi, @MeganB I hope you are recovering well!

I am going to make up my own small spell jar for happiness, peace, love. :heart: I just have to write it out how I’m doing it. :pen: I spent all morning deciding on herbs :herb:, crystals, incense, candles :candle:, & such. I haven’t finished deciding how I am going to put it together or anything, but I know I want to ground myself :woman_in_lotus_position: before doing anything with it. I feel kind of scattered today.

10 Likes

Since I’m having to switch doctors for my leg infection, I think I’ll try to do something healing for myself. Just have to figure out what.

8 Likes

You did a gorgeous job with your Peace, Love, and Calm Spell, @Susurrus- thanks again for sharing it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks, @Rowan! I’m sure you’ll come up with something lovely :heart:

Candle wax divination sounds exciting, @MeganB- if that’s what you choose to pursue, then enjoy! :candle::blush:

Thanks, @Amaris_Bane- and I know the feeling, there’s so much to pick from! :grin: Enjoy your brainstorming, I hope you find an intriguing aspect that draws you in :sparkles:

I know- 50 challenges is a shocker, @Kasandra! :laughing: Mirror Magick is a wonderful thing to jump into. If you’re looking for some mirror spellwork inspiration, you might explore past threads about mirror work and Books of Mirrors. Have fun! :sparkling_heart:

If you feel that your Libra traits are restraining you, @IrisW, you could always explore those very traits by digging into Libra horoscopes or other astrology! :grin::libra: :balance_scale:

A healing spell is always helpful- may you find something perfect for you, @Amethyst! Leg infection- be gone! :raised_hands: :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you sweets! I’m thinking of what I want to do, now that I have a goal in mind to manifest for.

9 Likes

Oooh I like this idea :heart_eyes: 50th challenge is certainly a milestone so happy to be here sharing it with you all :heart: I think I might delve into the tarot for this one,I’ve really connected with the deck I got and I want to learn more :grin: looking forward to seeing everyones entries :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

10 Likes

For this Challenging Challenge, I was challenged by making candles :candle::candle:

Steps I used:
Step 1: Measure out how much wax you would need, then double it.
Step 2: Melt the wax. Pour the wax into a double boiler and melt for 10-15 mins, stir frequently.
Step 3: Add fragrance oils. I used lavender and rose essential oils.
Step 4: Attach the wick. Tip- dip the wick in the wax and then quickly sticking it to the bottom of the container.
Step 5: Pour the wax. Before pouring, allow to cool for a few minutes. When the thermometer reads 140°, pour.
Step 6: Secure the wick. Lay 2 chopsticks (in my case, toothpicks) across the top of the container. Allow wax to set for 4 hours at room temperature.
Step 7: Add more wax, if the top has cracks or holes. Simply reheat and add more wax. Let harden.
Step 8: Cut the wick. The candle wick should be less than half an inch long.

:sparkles:Tadaa, you’ve got a candle :candle::sparkles:

Sorry about the messy altar cloth!!
On the left, I added rose petals and carnelian chips to the candle with rose essential oil.
To the right, I added dried lavender and amethyst crystals to the candle with lavender essential oil.

Thank you @BryWisteria This really got my creative juices flowing! I’m honored to take part in the 50th challenge!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

16 Likes

This will be my 1st challenge and i am debating between trying to make a tincture or getting into the tarot deck I got ! either way i will be sure to post my results :face_with_monocle: :heart:

10 Likes

@Amethyst I hope you find the perfect thing for healing. I like doing spells & rituals for healing. i always feel better afterward.

@christina4 lovely candles! I would love to make my own, I haven’t done that since I was in Girl Scouts when I was in junior high! We did it with crayons, that much I remember.

@Liisa I hope you & your deck get along great! I have gotten along with my new Tarot & my new Oracle cards wonderfully so far. It’s fun to learn more about them.

@THCLEMONADE have a lot of fun. The challenges are a lot of fun & you learn so much from them.

Thank you @BryWisteria, after I started thinking about what I wanted to put in it, I had to follow through with it.

9 Likes

Wow this is a great challenge thank you!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Thanks for the ideas! I decided to write a Draconic Self-Love Mirror Spell, which I will cast tomorrow since Friday is perfect for such spells.
When I first joined the forum, my focus was improving how I see myself. I have kind of moved away from that and I’d like to get back to doing that, at least once a week.

9 Likes

Thank you, love! I hope I can find the right herbs to use to dress my candle. I’ll have to think on it. Yours was such a nice spell jar, you’ve set a high mark!

8 Likes

Oh goodness! Don’t go by me! Yours will be just as good!

I will say that when I hold my jar it brings a smile to my face. I did some cleaning breaths while holding it today before my appointment.

5 Likes

Oooh this one is going to be super fun! Love how the possibilities are endless

8 Likes

Oh, this is exciting.

I would really like to make a satchel or spell jar as I’ve never done one before.
I am packing up all our belongings to move this week and I’m feeling very strange about packing up all of my Witchy Tools.
What is something I could make and carry with me to bring peace, calm and grounding while we move?

9 Likes

That sounds like a lovely choice, @Liisa- enjoy your time with tarot! :flower_playing_cards: :blush:

Congrats on your beautiful candles, @Christina4! :candle: Wow, they came out lovely- and you used such beautiful crystals in them too! Great job! :heart_eyes:

All great choices, @THCLEMONADE- whatever you choose to pursue, may you have fun with it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

A Draconic Self-Love Mirror Spell sounds like taking a bunch of great things and putting them together to make something magically amazing, @Kasandra :star_struck: May your beautiful spellwork help you to rekindle the spark of self-love! :heart:

Satchels and spell jars are both wonderful magickal tools that you can take with you on the road, @sarah29 :+1: You could also make your own sigil to carry with you, wear magickal jewelry (crystals, symbols, etc.), enchant/bless jewelry or another item to carry with you, or practice in your Inner Temple :hindu_temple: Wishing you a happy and safe move, Sarah! :raised_hands:

8 Likes

After last week’s challenge, I became very interested in dragon magic :dragon_face:. So I am going to search more deeply about dragon magic this week :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

:star2:Woot, woo 50 challenges!:sparkles: I am so happy to be a part of this challenge! Congratulations, Infinite Roots :infinite_roots:
I was thinking about making a besom. The reason being I have never made my magical broom before and would like to complete it for my rituals and for cleansing my ritual space. Not to mention this challenge.
Making a besome

I found an iTunes channel that explains how to make it and if you all have any suggestions I am up for them. I have the perfect stick but I don’t know what kinda tree it came from. So here’s a pic and if you think you know what kind of tree :deciduous_tree: it came from that would be great!

Merry part
Jeannie

10 Likes