šŸ† Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Challenger

For my challenge, I decided to take action on my desire to follow a green witch path and attempt to grow some herbs myself!

First, I did research on which ones I thought I would use the most and added these to my BoS.

Next I selected herbs and started my mini garden! I have mint, chamomile, thyme, oregano, garden sage, and rosemary. I had lavender but they are fickle. I had planted them in a self-watering container but this was keeping their roots too wet. Iā€™ve tried repotting then in a hopes to save them. Fingers crossed

I really enjoyed learning more about each plant, what they are capable of, how to and not to use them, and how to care for them. Iā€™m hoping I can keep them alive!

12 Likes

I just love it. I love all the symbols on it. Thank you for sharing all this information about besoms. Maybe I can make one before Samhain. Iā€™m inspired now! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Iā€™m doing this during the New moon! I really like this spell. I have bay leaves and jars. Just need to rustle up some dimes :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Jessica55, :infinite_roots:
I am not the one with a green thumb, Yet anyway! Do you have any pointers for beginners? :green_heart: :brown_heart: :green_heart:
I am just saying, ā€œreally impressiveā€!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thanks for sharing Jessica, I cant wait to grow better next year!
I actually have sunflowers and they follow the direction of the sun! Every time I get herbs they die on me and I donā€™t know why!

Mary25,
:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:Yeaha! I am so glad I inspired you and it is you this time!! Last time you inspired me, I think with your nails right? You did a ritual with your nails and casted a chant with it?Then all that positive energy was sent to me and I sent it back!!! So magical I love it!! :heartpulse: :black_heart: :heartpulse:
:pentagram:Jeannie

7 Likes

@Jeannie1 This is my first attempt with herbs so Iā€™m afraid I donā€™t have any tips yet! Iā€™ve only ever done peppers and tomatoes.

My dad, whoā€™s big on gardening, did say that the key is watering. You can easily over water just as much as underwater herbs. As evidenced by my possibly drowning my lavender. I had them set up in self-watering containers but decided against that route.

I chose to start most of these from what Iā€™ve dubbed ā€œjuvenilesā€ because I canā€™t remember the correct term (not a seedling but not a full grown plant either). In the past when Iā€™ve grown tomatoes or peppers, this does better for me then starting from seed.

I did start the sunflowers, mint, and chamomile from seed. Sunflowers are pretty hardy and I found this little cute pot kit at Walmart for 99Ā¢ +sales tax. The mint and chamomile I have set up in hydroponic systems. Iā€™ll add a picture in the morning. They seem to really like that.

7 Likes

Oh my goodness @Jewitch- youā€™ve been charging ahead at full steam with your medical studies! Good for you, but yes, youā€™re right to take the time needed to rest your brain! It is believed that a lot of what we learn is consolidated and memorized when we sleep, so itā€™s worth it to take those breathers and rest well :pray:

Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the Beat the Heat Bath Spell- and I love the alternations you are considering the next time you give it a try! Feel free to share how any of the tweaks work for you- itā€™s always educational to hear spell improvements and adaptations :star_struck:

And beautiful work with land connection- it sounds like youā€™ve found some lovely plants! :herb: Yarrow in particular is fantastic and a favorite of mine. If you have an injury while working in the yard and gardens, Yarrow helps to stop the bleeding quickly :adhesive_bandage:

Beautiful job, thanks for sharing! :heart:

Sorry the app was stumped, @Jeannie1. If Google Lens doesnā€™t have an answer either, you could probably bring it to your local garden nursey and ask someone about it there.

But rest assured that itā€™s not necessary to know the identity- you have a gorgeous piece of wood, and there is some special value in keeping things mysterious! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Beautiful money spell @NickWick- it sounds like your book has some lovely knowledge! Thank you for sharing the spell and also your experience- may it help to invite some wonderful abundance and prosperity for you! It looks like it is already working very well :pray::money_with_wings: :blush:

That is some lovely Green Witchery, @Amaris_Bane- and you chose some wonderful herbs! :herb: Plants all have their own little personalities and can be finicky, so I think you did well to select a variety to work with. Great job- may your beautiful new garden thrive! :green_heart:

6 Likes

Amethyst,
I looked at the moon cycle today so I could send a Banishing spell! Iā€™ll send it to you okay!
Jeannie

6 Likes

:exclamation: This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job to everyone who explored challenges of their own design this week! :tada:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :trophy::heart:

8 Likes

Thank you so much @Jeannie1! Thatā€™s so sweet of you!

4 Likes

Jessica
Your dad is completely right `

I guess the key is to make sure that you investigate the plant :potted_plant: To see how much water to give each one individually :sweat_drops: like you said. I saw a book one time that this lady had and it was her magical correspondences along with her actual gardening tips. she had her findings ā€œgoodā€and ā€œbadā€ for the plants. I wonder if there is a book that helps you write your magical correspondences along with the actual plants. Or we could write a dialogue for it? What would the outline be like? Whatā€™s yours if you donā€™t mind me asking?
Jeannie

5 Likes

Very beautifully done!! I adore your statues!! :star_struck:
May your infection be gone!!! :pray:

5 Likes

This sounds like a great Money Jar Spell ~ good for you @NickWick
I may even try this in the near future.
Peace.

6 Likes

I came too late for this challenge, but I decided to work on my BOS. I have gained new knowledge recently and I havenā€™t paid much attention to my BOS. So I took this week challenge to work and reinvent my BOS. I havenā€™t done something fancy like a electronic one, but I am organizing it more, so it can be easily understandable. I found this notebook made of recycle paper, so it looks amazing. I hope I get to finish it before the end of the summer. Thanks again for the weekly challenges.

5 Likes

Thank you sweetie! Iā€™ll see what this new doctor says tomorrow. The statues are Gaia and Cernunos. Iā€™m weird that way.

6 Likes

@Jeannie1 I thought I responded to your question but realized I didnā€™t!

So for my main plants that I grow (peppers, tomatoes), itā€™s all in my head currently. I plan to write it out in some manner but havenā€™t gotten that far.

For these herbs, Iā€™ve added what Iā€™m learning to my BoS page for that herb. For example, here is my rosemary page.

8 Likes

Jessica55,
:seedling: :grin:You definitely nailed what I was thinking!! You are off to a great start! Very impressive!!!
Skilled and magical in nature :clap: :clap:
I just wanted to thank you for sharing your magical correspondences with me and the coven! Thereā€™s just so much information, & Itā€™s really important to be organized like this! There is no way I would be able to remember all of this in my head!! :upside_down_face: This outline is exactly what I was looking for!! ! Ill just use this outline, and type it out on the computer. Thank you!!
This was a great idea for the challenge!!! :trophy:
Blessed Be!

6 Likes

Yes, I have several reference books add I canā€™t remember everything! I do plan to continue to add the ones I use most commonly to my BoS.

I canā€™t take credit for the template, I purchased it from Etsy because it had everything that I was wanting to include. I still plan to add a picture of they plant to reach page as well. If you are artistic, you could draw it. P

8 Likes

Thank you Jessica55 look I made my own!
Jeannie

8 Likes

Glad to know this, trust me it will come in real handy. :blush:

6 Likes

Hey I know Iā€™m weird!!! I grew up being told Iā€™m unique but the truth is that Iā€™m weird!! Haha, itā€™s a gift :crazy_face:

6 Likes