🎰 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Fortune Teller's Game

@discobot roll 1d10

9 Likes

:game_die: 8

9 Likes

Oh hedge magick. Need to have a think about this. One of the things ive not really investigated or used. Im.not even sure what it is​:thinking::man_shrugging:

9 Likes

@discobot roll 1d10

9 Likes

:game_die: 2

9 Likes

I actually really need to ground myself, so this is perfect for me!! YaY!
ChrissyLee

If you got number 2…

Relax- it’s time to meditate! Your task this week is to do a meditation (or design your own). You are free to use any style of meditation and focus on anything you wish. You might relax to sounds of nature, enjoy peace and quiet, or listen along with a [guided meditation]

13 Likes

@discobot roll 1d10

10 Likes

:game_die: 5

9 Likes

I have to say I’m stumped with this one. Number 8 hedge magic. I’ve been doing some research but seeing conflicting things as many sites and even some books mention use of herbs etc. I thought this was a green witch?

11 Likes

LMAO wait! gotta catch my breath.
That was too funny :smiling_face: :joy:
Garnet

10 Likes

@discobot roll 1d10

9 Likes

:game_die: 9

8 Likes

@discobot roll 1d10

10 Likes

:game_die: 9

8 Likes

Challenge Entry #1 - The Fortune Teller’s Game (Potions)

If at First You Don’t Succeed, Chai, Chai again!
Ingredients:

• 2 teaspoons of black tea leaves (I’m using Oolong)
  • 1 teaspoon of roasted chicory
  • 1/2 teaspoon of powdered ginger
  • 2 star anise pods
  • 2 cardamom pods
  • 2 whole cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 4 cups of water
  • Honey or sugar, to taste

Instructions:

1. Using an herb grinder, coarsely grind together the black tea leaves, roasted chicory, ginger, star anise pods, cardamom pods, whole cloves, nutmeg, and cinnamon stick.
  2. In a large pot, bring the water and milk to a boil.
  3. While waiting for the water to boil, place the spiced tea mix in a dry skillet on medium/low heat and stir for a few minutes to toast the spices.
    to the pot.
  4. Once the water and milk begin to boil, add the toasted spice mix to the pan.
  5. Reduce the heat to low and let the tea steep for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  6. After the tea has steeped, strain out the tea leaves and spices using a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
  7. Add honey or sugar to taste, if desired.
  8. Serve hot (or over ice) and enjoy your delicious and aromatic tea potion!

This magical potion is rich in spices that are known to have various health benefits, such as ginger for its anti-inflammatory properties, star anise for its antibacterial and antifungal properties, and cardamom for its digestion-aiding properties. Roasted chicory is also believed to help support liver function and promote detoxification. The black tea leaves will provide a caffeine boost to help you stay alert and focused throughout the day, while the cinnamon stick adds a sweet and warming touch. Enjoy!

16 Likes

This sounds delicious! Way to go on the potion-making, love!

9 Likes

@discobot roll 1d10

9 Likes

:game_die: 8

8 Likes

8 is my Life Path Number and my Attitude number.

This is going to be fun!

10 Likes

Hedge magick is more about the “in-between.” A hedge is usually the edge of a property, used as a boundary between yours and the public or yours and your neighbors. If we follow this analogy, hedge magick would include liminal spaces and spirit walking/talking.

Here is a nice article: Introduction to Hedge Magic

13 Likes