👩‍🍳 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Great Witches Baking Show

Wishing you all the best if you decide to jump back into your baking, Keely- may you bake some tasty treats this week! Have fun! :heart:

Yes, ma’am! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Baking, cooking, grilling, even fermenting or just plain mixing- if it’s magick in the kitchen, it’s very welcome in the challenge!

(Have fun! :wink: :heart:)

I spent a few days in Budapest and the best food I had there was the goulash- so hearty and delicious! :drooling_face: :two_hearts: I never found a decent one outside of Hungary, but I am so-so-tempted to give this recipe a try, it sounds amazing! Many thanks to you (and your grandma) for sharing the recipe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

You can absolutely share more recipes! :heart: While there’s one badge per person, there’s no limit on how many entries someone can share for the challenge- and I’d love to see more of your wonderful recipes if you’re willing to share them! (Also, it makes me happy that you enjoy this week’s theme so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

Look at these! :heart_eyes: Oh my goodness, they almost look too cute to eat- look at all the fun colors! :egg: :sparkles: This is a super creative recipe that would dazzle guests at any get-together, or be a really lovely offering on the altar. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe, Kasandra! :dragon_face:

AAAHHHH!!! Spells8 brownies!!! :heart_eyes: This is awesome, Crystal- I love this so much! I bet they taste amazing too- full of love and magick and chocolately goodness! :chocolate_bar: :yum:

This was such a fun idea to bake- thank you for sharing your beautiful coven brownies! Seeing them made me smile :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

11 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge for Amethyst:

Three Bean Chili.

Warning people, a lot of this is spiced to taste. That’s because I don’t know how many of you have my love affair with garlic and cumin. Just so you know.

Two pounds of lean ground beef.
Large onion
28-ounce can of petite diced tomatoes
2 of the 28-ounce cans of tomato sauce
24-ounce jar of thick and chunky salsa
15-ounce can of black beans
15-ounce can of pinto beans
15-ounce can of kidney beans
10-ounce bag of sweet corn
Cumin to taste
Chili powder to taste
Cayenne to taste
Salt and pepper to taste.

Fry up the hamburger with the onion. Add some of the seasoning to the meat. While that’s cooking open and drain off the beans and rinse them off. Put it in a big stock pot. When the meat is fully cooked, drain any grease off and add to the pot, along with corn, tomatoes, cans of sauce, and the salsa. Season with garlic to taste and other seasonings.

I usually cook it for about an hour and then start to let it cool down so it can be put in Tupperware in the freezer, but you can let it cook longer if you want. If really freezes well and makes for a good chili cheese fries at home if you want.

Enjoy!

13 Likes

I will only share one more recipe, on your guys’ behalf cuz I could share so many more. Haha. This recipe is my favorite home made dessert to make. They’re soooo delicious! AND it’s actually a baking item, Oatmeal Scotchies. :orange_heart:

1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1tsp baking soda
1/2tsp salt
1/2tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened (I let mine sit out for a few hours)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 large eggs
1tsp through 1tbs vanilla extract (your preference on amount, I do 1tbs)
3 cups quick or old fashioned oats
12/3 cups (I simply use the whole bag) butterscotch morsels.

Preheat oven to 350. (If you’re not chilling the dough)
In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon.
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Beat in flour mixture gradually.
Stir in oats and morsels
(I let my dough refrigerate about 45mins before baking)
Drop onto ungreased baking sheet by rounded tablespoon. (I combine two spoonfuls together to make big, chewy cookies.)
Bake for 16min per batch for the big chewy cookies, usually makes me 3 batches with them big. Bake for 7/8mins for chewy small cookies or 9/10mins for crunchy small cookies!

These are my favorite cookies to make, and I always get compliments on them when I bring them to family gatherings & such. My husband can eat dang near all of them. They’re definitely worth a try! Perhaps I should have included this recipe as my challenge entry because it actually IS baking, but oh well! :rofl:

14 Likes

Challenge Entry
Since I cannot cook/bake (my husband does) I decided to share a lactation tea bag I made. I exclusively breastfed my 6month old and when I started not producing enough made this tea bag drank one once a month for 3 months and now I’m back to my normal producing a good amount !
Red Raspberry left, Calendula, Fennel, Milk Thistle, Hibiscus and Fenugreek.

15 Likes

I like the Spells 8 on there, and hey at least you tried, and lol at Michelle Gellar that part was funny and I adore her.

9 Likes

Wow those look :star_struck: delicious!! Your goulash looked great too we use to eat that when we were kids as well. I can tell your a fabulous cook I could learn a lot from you. :sparkles: :woman_cook:

10 Likes

Those are so pretty!

10 Likes

I don’t think I have ever had Hungarian Goulash but this looks darn good and something I may try. I make regular Goulash all the time.

10 Likes

Thank you!! :two_hearts: goulash of any kind is tasty, but Hungarian Goulash is my favorite. I appreciate the compliment, and cooking just takes practice :grin: your brownies looked delicious!

10 Likes

My grandma came to America from Austria & through Canada, her cooking was absolutely phenomenal. Everything she made tasted amazing. I’m glad to have gotten some of her authentic recipes! It’s hard to compare it to the regular goulash because it’s much more rich and savory dish. I love regular goulash too! :blush:

10 Likes

Glad to hear you got to get some of those recipes and thank you for sharing.

10 Likes

Oh these foods look great.
@amandakay So delicious, and I love!!!cookies, especially warm out of the oven
@Kasandra They look so pretty and colourful.
@crystal59 Brownies, yum. Very tasty. And Spells8 on top. Fabulous
@Amethyst Another favourite, the chili. All the tasty dishes. Everyone’s so talented.
@brandy20 That’s a great idea. So many mums could benefit from that.
Great to see all these dishes. Shame I can’t taste them. Well done everyone :sparkling_heart::grin:

12 Likes

This one works really well I think, like I said it freezes wonderfully. Glad you liked it!

9 Likes

Healing Blend that I use all the time – especially in homemade chicken soup.

A blend of sea salt, rosemary, calendula, thyme and garlic.

Measurements? I don’t know - I use my intuition and add as I go! :laughing:

11 Likes

Thank you so much @BryWisteria, @Heav3n, @amandakay,and @tracyS I was afraid the brownies didn’t turn out to well but I’m glad you all liked them their sure are allot of tasty entries this week. :yum::sparkling_heart: :infinite_roots:

10 Likes

This challenge is making me hungry!

10 Likes

This gives me a chance to makes these beautiful lavender white chocolate chip cookies I’ve been wanting to make! :yum:

10 Likes

Ooh, looking forward to that recipe, @Cassey!

9 Likes

I saw about three people who made brownies, and I actually made brownies too! Lol We are so alike it’s ridiculous! The only difference is is that I used mugwort my absolute favorite to use in teas and cooking! This is a great offering to the God and Goddess

That’s funny that there was like three witches that made brownies! I used Artemisa in mine!
I am using lots of mugwort cause it’s so good for the digestive system and depression so I hope you all get some in the apothecary if you don’t have this bontanical get it! I love the smell!
I bet the Kitchen smells good for Infinite Roots so many amazing witches! I love u all!
Jeannie

12 Likes

Oh wow :star_struck: yours came out so good! :yum: and you put mugwort in them hell yeah those are some witchy brownies.lol You did an incredible job @Jeannie1. :sparkling_heart: :infinite_roots:

8 Likes