🐯 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Lunisolar Calendar and Chinese Zodiac

My grandmother had a skunk as a pet, she had to have him descent. I believe his name was Ulysses S. Grant. They had a thing for giving their pets real people names. Even my mom’s last cat was Ringo “Two Sock” Starr… the Two Socks is a reference to Dancing with Wolves with Kevin Costner. Although we did have Piewacket & Rufus too… well I guess Rufus is a people name too. But no idea where Piewacket came from.

11 Likes

Pyewacket is the name of the cat from the old witchy movie Bell, Book, and Candle. With Jimmy Stewart and Kim Novak. It’s a great movie if you overlook the whole twist ending. Jack Lemmon was in it as well, he was my favorite character I think. It’s been ages since I watched it.

10 Likes

Makes sense, they would know or have seen that movie before. I was 5 when we had that cat. Lol

8 Likes

It’s a pretty good movie, one that I wish would be remade to be more witch-friendly.

9 Likes

Chinese saying?
“The Ox is slow, but the earth is patient.”

8 Likes

@Garnet You’re very welcome, Garnet! Thanks again to you for joining in :blush: And yes, you’ve collected quite a few! Your dragons now have a lovely hoard of shiny badges and titles :medal_sports: :sparkles::grinning:

@Nesserinne It’s my pleasure, Nesserinne- I’m really glad if the theme this week helped you learn about something new! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: The new challenge will launch very soon- I hope you have fun with this week’s challenge too! :heart:

@Flowing That is very cute! :blush: And from @Susurrus said, it sounds like some places might allow them to be pets! They sure can be stinky though- cleaning might be a nightmare! :skunk::laughing:

9 Likes

Well, our cat wouldn’t be happy :joy::joy:

8 Likes

Merry Meet I am a day late but will try to catch up to the rest of the group, I do apologize, I am a Virgo and a Monkey so i found out I am a Penguin

10 Likes

I know that this challenge closed a day ago, but this is what I found about The Dragon(me).
I’m a Dragon in the Chinese Zodiac and Lunisolar Calendar and this is what I found.

The Dragon is the fifth of all zodiac animals. According to one myth, the Jade Emperor said the order would be decided by the order in which they arrived to his party. Everyone expected the powerful Dragon to arrive early on. However, he came after Rat, Ox, Tiger, and Rabbit. When asked why he was so late, Dragon said that on the way, he saw a village suffering from drought. He had to stop and create rain for them. The Jade Emperor was happy when he heard of this noble deed and gave him the fifth position.

The Dragon is also associated with the Earthly Branch (地支 / dì zhī) chén (辰) and the hours 7–9 in the morning. In the terms of yin and yang (阴阳 / yīn yáng), the Dragon is yang.

For the full article and more information about the Dragon Zodiac, please visit the original source (below)

by Fefe Ho & Chloe Chiao

So I guess I am a Water Dragon and that is what I found about my Lunisolar Calendar and Chinese Zodiac.
Blessed Be :dragon:

8 Likes

@David8 No worries at all, Dave- as long as the challenge thread is open, continued discussion is very welcome! So thank you for jumping in and for sharing for your signs :virgo: :monkey: and :penguin: :heart: Blessed be!

@Debra2 I know the Rooster is a neat sign too, but I can’t help but be a little jealous of your Zodiac, Debra- I think a Dragon is a very cool Zodiac to have! :dragon_face: :sparkles: :blush: Thank you so much for sharing your sign and the helpful info from the article as well- it was really interesting to read! :pray::heart:

8 Likes

This challenge has closed- but no worries! You can still respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, or you can visit Activities to find and join a current challenge.