šŸ˜Š Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - The Magick of Happiness

Thank you TravelWitch. I have been carrying that bottle around with me the last few days and every time I start to put myself down in my head, I take the bottle out and shake it and then I am happy again. Thanks for the Magick of Happiness challenge!

10 Likes

I want to include my newest video for this challenge. I made what I called Sunshine in a Bottle!

13 Likes

The Happiness Recipe

I was so inspired by everyoneā€™s cooking recipes that Iā€™d try combination of ingredients for happiness. :wink:

heap of joy
heartful of love
dollop of playfulness
handful of service
sniff of memory
hint of wonder
smig of laughter and/or tears, to taste

• to be served immediately
  • paired well with anything and anyone

Crystals, Glass & Fossils, oh my

Glass starfish, Jasper- Bumblebee, Ammonite, Serpentine, Chrysoprase, Orthoceras, Malachite- velvet, Amethyst point, Spar- orange, Coral- red (?), Fluorite- green, Apophyllite- one with Stilbite , Jasper-spiderweb skull, Quartz-dyed orange crackle, Soapstone-red heart (?), Dumortierite quartz- -blue heart.

I totally winged it with my crystal choices for this challengeā€™s recipe and was guided by Marie Kondoā€™s voice whispering in my ear asking, ā€œDoes this spark Joy?ā€ Placement of the crystals was also completely free-form. I adored the freedom and ease of this process and will soak in it for a day or so before I activate this kitchen table grid.

Wishing you all Happiness and Health :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Cheers,
Janis :triskele:

15 Likes

Thank you all for sharing your beautiful energy. :heart_decoration:

@christina4 sounds like a warm and loving family visit with your sister and nephew.

Thanks for the giggles @Garnet :grin:

I can so relate to that end of year feeling @Artemisia and Iā€™m glad you found some joy from your new tarot deck! Meowā€¦

@mary25, I adore everything about your witch ball and appreciate the list of ingredients and their attributes. :crystal_ball:

Thatā€™s sounds so heart-warming and fulfilling to feel your ancestors with you. Good for you to continue the tradition,@Athena ! Iā€™ve been thinking a lot about legacy after pulling the ten of pentacles for guidance on this challenge.

Yummy, simply yummy @Ostara

@Amethyst, ta for the Christmas Carole share. :musical_note:

Love to hear about your synchronicity of founding this site, @CourtneyTann .

I think Iā€™ll have a rest now before I continue reading the rest of the shares. So happy to have more Magick of Happiness to look forward to. :infinite_roots:

Cheers,
Janis :triskele:

11 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! My Mother loved that song so I thought Iā€™d share it!

Youā€™re welcome, my friend! Itā€™s a good one!

And I love your grid, it looks wonderful! Very happy making!

10 Likes

I was going to do a moon craft for this challenge because crafting, painting, or anything creative really, makes me happy. I was going to write a list of all the things that made me happy, but after I wrote:
The sunā€™s rays slicing through the clouds on a rainy day.
The shimmer of light reflecting off the drops creating the rainbow spectrum
The first peak of Daffodil foliage coming up from the ground in Spring, my mind was blank again.
I was going to write a poem about happiness but the only thing that came to my mind were words that werenā€™t mine, and those were, ā€œraindrops on roses and whiskers on kittensā€ by Rodgers & Hammerstein.
When I was a kid I loved to watch musicals. The Sound of Music and The Wizard of Oz would come on tv every year. And thatā€™s when I thought that happiness really comes from all those magical child-like memories.
So Iā€™m sure some of you are probably familiar with it but some may not be.

12 Likes

I love this song! Itā€™s one of the best parts of the movie, that and where the nuns fess up to the Reverend Mother about sabotaging the Naziā€™s cars.

9 Likes

Lol! I always loved the undercurrent between Maria and Baron von Trapp. She didnā€™t take his crap and showed him a thing or two, as well.

9 Likes

Iā€™ve been working on improving my general happiness, being more happy and comfortable with the me that I am and the life that I have.

Whilst Iā€™m neither a member of AA (longer story there for another time) nor Christian, the serenity prayer resonates with me, amended for my Goddesses.

Goddesses, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
Courage to change the things I can
And wisdom to know the difference

Iā€™ve had to have some hard talks with myself the last couple of weeks, questioning what I want from life and whether certain compromises are worth it to achieve that. Iā€™ll not lie, I can be a somewhat selfish/self-centred person at times. Yes I need to be happy, but if Iā€™m asking others to make compromises I need to be willing to do so too.

So Iā€™ve been meditating, doing some shadow work and finding my happy in what life is presenting to me. And being grateful for what I have.

11 Likes

That card is gorgeous! :sunflower:

11 Likes

Tamales by hand? That sounds delicious! :woman_cook:

10 Likes

Hello everyone!

Well, what can I sayā€¦ this weekend brought different moments and a lot to think about, good and bad, but mostly good I must accept.

I feel that this is the perfect time to think about happiness, for I really need it right now. So Iā€™ll remind myself and tell you a bit more about what makes me happy:

• What does happiness mean to me?

An energy within yourself, especially in your heart and/or solar plexus. Itā€™s like a flower blooming with strong and pure energy.

Things like being calm, being able to breathe, good company, listening to the music I like, being with nature, feeling my own feelings, eating healthy food, meditating, singing, laughing, crying, helping others, loving.

• Does magick make me happy?

Absolutely.

• Are there times when magick does not make me happy?

I suppose, but thatā€™s most likely because Iā€™m having problems visualizing and connecting, but thatā€™s not magick, itā€™s me.

• Would I ever use magick to make myself (or someone else) happy?

Absolutely.

• When I cast, how does it affect my mood- short term and long term?

Iā€™m often anxious about not visualizing or focusing my energy on my intent at the beginning, but breathing helps and it makes me feel really good when finished, and way better in long term.

• Is magick something necessary for my happiness?

Yes, magick is in nature, in the stars, the planets, the people, the universe, in me.

Before Christmas, I drew a Tarot card and got eight of swords reversed. Iā€™m still trying to release myself from sorrow, trying to see the bright side of what I experienced this weekend, releasing myself from the bad energy brought to my home, trying to remember the good things that also brought this experience, trying to see the lesson beyond all that and find who I really am, trying to stop feeling like a victim and with mind and heart move on.

Writing about what makes me happy really helps, so thank you @BryWisteria for bringing this up. :sunflower:

Wishing you all a good weekend :candle:

9 Likes

Sounds like youā€™ve been going deep @IrisW. I hope you find your happiness.

8 Likes

Which deck is this? I love this card as well! :heart:

8 Likes

@jessica72 ~ I just love this! Itā€™s beautiful and it just warmed my heart looking at your pics and reading about it! You rock! :grin: :heart: :sparkles:

8 Likes

I have to admit Iā€™m absolutely smitten with this deck. I preordered it this summer and it arrived a couple of weeks ago, so purrrrfect timing :wink:

The card is from the Grimalkinā€™s Curious Cat tarot by MJ Cullinane. I ran across a Facebook ad last year for her Urban Crow Oracle deck and have been smitten with her work since. You can interact with the whole Grimalkin deck online

No financial connection to the artist, Iā€™m just an ardent admirer of her work.

10 Likes

This week was a little rough. Last Sunday my husband and I tested positive for COVID. Weā€™re vaccinated, but that new variant has really been ripping through Austin (and most other places, from what I understand) and it really knocked me out! Anyway, kind of a perfect challenge, Iā€™m in need of a little happy!

This morning I pulled three tarot cards and asked what would best serve my happiness using a mind/body/spirit spread. The ā€œMindā€ card I pulled was the Empress so I made sure to spend some time outside and put some effort into planning my garden for next year.

Interestingly, I got the five of wands for the ā€œBodyā€ position, so I took that to mean I should respect the fact that my bodyā€™s energy is mostly being used to fight the virus. Iā€™m NOT great at being sick, I tend to want to push through, but I decided to take it easy today and let my body fight its battle. I did put a bit of ā€œHappyā€ oil on my wrists. Gonna be honest, I canā€™t remember whatā€™s in it at the moment. Smells like bergamot andā€¦something :grimacing:. Iā€™ll have a look through my notes, maybe I can at least figure out where the recipe is from.

My last card, for Spirit, was the King of Pentacles andā€¦yeah, youā€™ve got me there. Iā€™m really just re-learning Tarot and Iā€™m definitely rusty. I did some research and saw somewhere that he can symbolize someone whoā€™s averse to technology, so my husband and I played a few board games rather than video games today. If anyone has any thoughts on what that card could have meant, Iā€™d love to hear them!

@jessica72 I love how the yellow rose petals sort of glow in your jar! Iā€™m a sucker for a bright pop of color and those petals are making me so happy! Alsoā€¦is that the Dark Grimoire Tarot? I love anything Lovecraft related!

@Artemisia (Didnā€™t mean to tag you twice. This flu medicine is making for quite the entertaining post :joy:) Oh, I love MJ Cullinaneā€™s work! I have her Crow Tarot. I was on the fence about Grimalkin, but after getting to play around with it (thanks to the link you shared) I just have to have it. Thanks for sharing!

8 Likes

@BrightBear thank you so much :blush:

@Murphy Thank you. I pilfered the rose from my rose garden. Yup! You got in one. It is the Dark Grimiore Tarot! Iā€™ve always been a bit of a Goth and I found these at an antiques and collectors fair that i went to a little while ago. Immediately was drawn to them. I love their imagery. Itā€™s just so different.

8 Likes

My entry for the Weekly Witchy Challenge.

I was a bit less focused on creating something or doing spellwork this week as Iā€™ve been incredibly sick with a chest cold. I did choose to do simple things and try to be mindful and actively look for happiness.

I used almond oil and mixed it with frankincense on my arms and legs after my shower during the day as I adore the scent. Something about it always brings a smile to my face and calm to my heart. I also made a conscious effort of carrying a piece of selenite in my pocket wherever I went. Something about having it on my person made things lighter. And whenever things were a little less calm, it focused me to find it in my pocket and hold it in my hand until my heart felt lighter.

When the challenge was first posted, I dug through my newest tarot deck to study The Sun card. Since then, that image of that card, the sheer beauty, and the happiness of it never left my mind. I decided tonight to go through all my oracle and tarot decks to find The Sun or cards that I felt corresponded to happiness.

Hereā€™s what I came up with -

Choosing oracle cards was obviously more of a challenge as it breaks from the traditional tarot format. I picked cards that made me feel happy when I looked at them. Interestingly they both follow a similar theme of flying free. The affirmation for the angel deck card - Breaking Free is - I am free. I am powerful. I will allow myself to enjoy this freedom and peace. The Urban Oracle card - soar is similar. Have the confidence to fly. Get up, open your wings. There are no obstacles in your way. I have a botanical inspirations deck that I got for the glorious flower artwork and thumbed through it until I found the perfect card.

I enjoyed this challenge and want to make the magick of happiness a part of my daily routine. I want to keep looking for happiness. It was a delightful way to end my night!

Kat

10 Likes

My challenge entry is here: https://forum.spells8.com/t/magick-of-happiness-entry/17770
:heart:
BB

9 Likes