šŸŒŸ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Trying Something New!

Yes, please do! I wish I could send you measurements for an extact recipe, but I usually tend to ā€˜wing itā€™ and just go by how it looks (and tastes, of course! :grin:). The great thing about soup is that, unlike baking, itā€™s pretty easy to add more of an ingredient or spice as you go until itā€™s just right :ok_hand::yum:

Thatā€™s wonderful, @Katt! Congrats on your first smudge stick :blush: How did it go? Is there anything you learned that you would alter if you make another smudge stick in the future? :herb::two_hearts:

4 Likes

I signed up for a Facebook group, which is new, to learn the runes. I doubt if Iā€™ll learn them all in a week but itā€™s a start. Itā€™ll be something new to help me connect to my intuition at the very least. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I did a tarot card reading yesterday; it was my third time ever trying it! Iā€™ve never really felt a very strong connection to tarot cards, but I had this lovely guide for a Litha spread lying around and wanted to try again :blush:

6 Likes

I ended up doing a Tea Blessing Ritual that I found in an Herbalism Book :open_book:

Check it out here:

7 Likes

Well done, @Amethyst! :clap: Thatā€™s so exciting- please let us know how the rune studies go for you! :blush: Iā€™ve had an interest in learning the runes for a while now- they keep appearing to me, but thereā€™s so many that I just donā€™t know where to get started! :laughing: If the Facebook group turns out to be a good resource for you, please feel free to share it here! :two_hearts:

Thank you so much for sharing your Litha Tarot Spread, @christine4! :two_hearts: And oohhhh your beautiful cards too~ :heart_eyes:

How did the reading go- did you get what you wanted from the cards this time? Did you learn anything new? I hope the reading went well! :flower_playing_cards::heart:

Wonderful, @Francisco! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely tea blessing :tea: I have so many recipes for tea- Iā€™ll have to steal this and adapt it pair with different blends for different purposes! Cheers to tea time! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

The Facebook group is just starting. We got a pdf sheet on the runes yesterday but thatā€™s about it so far. I think theyā€™re still letting people sign up, itā€™s the Boho Rune Study Group. Its a private group though, you may have luck going through Supportive Tarot group to get there, thatā€™s how I found out about it. It looks like itā€™s going to be fun though, Iā€™m looking forward. :grin:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s amazing! Where did you get that spread? Iā€™m curious!

2 Likes

The reading went very well actually; I was surprised given my inexperience with tarot cards :grin: :dizzy: itā€™s kind of an intense period of time for me right now regarding my career - long story short, Iā€™d like to work for the European Institutions, but to get in you have to pass a pretty long and rigorous application process. I made it to the last exam which will be in September, and the cards actually gave me a lot of reassurance about everything. Definitely needed as Iā€™m very nervous :joy: :see_no_evil:

The spread was part of a Litha Mystery Box I ordered on Etsy! The shop is called HaresEmporium, here is the link - I canā€™t recommend her enough :blush: :two_hearts:
I actually got my tarot deck from her as well, I believe as part of the Yule Mystery Box.

5 Likes

:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers: Luck and fate be at your side, youā€™ll pass the test with pride!

I loved those mystery boxes! And for the price I canā€™t believe it came with a tarot deck! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hi Brianna,

Yesterday I did a banishing spell with black candles, a dragon blood incense, red candles, sea salt, crystals, bay leaves, the cauldron and the athame all based on my gypsy tarot prediction. Iā€™m also learning to read madame lenormand tarot. I found out that a friend is not actually my friend, itā€™s only a person that itā€™s envious about my witchcraft practice! Some people are energy vampires so we must protect ourselves from them.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tip, @Amethyst! :heart: I just sent a request to join the Supportive Tarot Group- it looks like such a welcoming space! Itā€™ll be nice to get some encouragement about tarot, I can always use a boost of inspiration to study tarot! :flower_playing_cards:

Iā€™m so happy the reading went well for you- it sounds like cards really wanted to reassure you and ease some of your anxiety. But that is so exciting!!! :heart_eyes: Congratulations on making it to the exam- Iā€™m sending you all the best of thoughts and wishes! :star2: I think youā€™ll do great- usually the hardest part of any test is waiting to take it :spiral_notepad: :laughing:

4 Likes

Hello @laura6- thank you for sharing your experience with your banishing spell! :sparkles: Thatā€™s exciting that you are connecting so well with tarot- and it looks like you found out some important (though unforunate) information too! :flower_playing_cards:

These are great words- and very true! :+1: Many people come into our lives, but not always for the best. It takes strength to be able to step away and focus on your own needs and preserving your own energy :blush:

Thank you again for sharing! :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone who has taken part in the challenge so far- your experiences are inspiring! :heart:

For anyone who hasnā€™t yet participated but wants to, this is a gentle reminder that the challenge will close: Tomorrow, Friday June 26th.

Blessed Be! :sparkles:

3 Likes

Lisa, the lady who is Supportive Tarot on YouTube, is really nice. I think youā€™ll like it. She has great videos helping me learn the tarot with memoirs for each card to help you learn the meanings and fun walk throughs and deck reviews. I think youā€™ll like it!

4 Likes

Thank you @Francisco :blush: Iā€™ll try my best!

Thank you @BryWisteria :blush: And youā€™re right; waiting for it to finally happen is the worst! Especially since the last exams were supposed to be at the end of March already, but everything had to be postponed (understandably so) due to the pandemic :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

I tried out this tea blessing ritual today for the first time after doing some yoga! It was a great way to start the day. Iā€™m also going to pick up a copy of Scott Cunninghamā€™s ā€œWicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitionerā€ tomorrow now that I know my local used book store has it.

6 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome, Taylor! Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the ritual! You can visit this post too: Magical Herbal Tea Recipes for more ideas to start the day :grinning:

Welcome to the Forum and Blessed Be!

5 Likes

A warm welcome to you, @taylor5! :heart: Yoga and tea blessings sound like a wonderful way to begin your morning :woman_in_lotus_position::tea:. Thank you for sharing your experience- I hope you can get a copy of the book! :open_book::+1:

3 Likes

Thank you to everyone who participated- while replies are still open, and anyone may comment if they choose, this challenge is now CLOSED!

Those who completed the challenge, please check out: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE- Props and Presents! :gift_heart:

For anyone interested in challenges- keep an eye out for a new one next week :blush:

Blessed Be! :heart:

4 Likes

This challenge has closed. You can respond to old posts in a private message or new thread, but new replies here are no longer allowed.