šŸŒ¦ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Weather Witchery

Yes @antoinette. I was at a friends house and it started raining. Her car windows were down so I went outside to roll them up. It happened really fast like a millisecond. When I touched the car handle the hair on my arms stood up, loud noise and pain in my hand. I pulled my hand away and said some profanity. My friend was on her porch screaming at me to get inside because I was struck by lightning. It struck across the street, went over the road under 2 cars and grounded on me. I was actually laughing about it because it was so ridiculous. I had to call my brother to tell him about it. Later on he called me and said when he watched the news there was only 1 lightning strike in our county that day and it found me! Lol! So, thatā€™s my lightning story. I donā€™t like lightning.

10 Likes

Congratulations on your successful spell! Thatā€™s awesome!

7 Likes

Hello everyone! :hugs: I must say that I love elemental magick.

One of my favorite practices is connecting with thunderstorms. Itā€™s like being filled with the power of the storm.:zap::cloud_with_lightning:
Itā€™s about going outside when the storm is building, when the wind announces its arrival and lightning crosses the sky but itā€™s still not raining or just a few drops of rain fall. I close my eyes and imagine all that energy flowing inside me, I feel it running through my veins. I energize myself, I am grateful, if necessary I direct an intention. It is a powerful experience. Sometimes the name of the Goddess comes in and I offer my devotion through a small impromptu dance.

11 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge - Weather Witchery ENTRY

Today we will be getting snow as well as cutting down our Yule tree. I will be using the snow to help cleanse the tree before blessing it and asking its permission to be cut. I will also use snow water in place of moon water to create a water cleanse (most likely the smokeless smudging mist from spells8). I will use this to cleanse my home for Yule and for the new year.

9 Likes

Challenge Entry

Spell for Energy on a Cloudy/Dreary Day

You will need:
An orange
An orange candle (for energy)
Orange essential oil (optional)

1. On a cloudy day, light an orange candle on your altar. You may diffuse orange essential oil or spray your sacred space with an orange scented cleaning product.
  2. When the candle is lit, say: Though the clouds are in the sky, the sun has not said goodbye
  3. Hold an orange in your hand. Breathe in and out slowly and deeply. With each exhalation, visualize a growing sphere of orange light that eventually surrounds your entire body, filling you with warmth.
  4. Peel the orange. As you eat it, feel as it moves through your body, energizing you. Oranges are full of B1 or thiamin, a necessary component of cells, which aids your body in processing nutrients and converting the food you eat into energy. They are also rich in Vitamin C, which reduces oxidative stress in the body, preventing fatigue.
  5. When you are finished eating your orange, say: Blue or gray, my mood is bright, Today and everyday, I shine with the sunā€™s light
  6. Dispose of the orange peels in a garden or in the woods. You could also use them to make sun salts to use on the solstices.
  7. Cast this spell whenever you need a boost of energy on a cloudy/dreary day. And remember: rain or snow, sleet or hail, the sun shines everyday!
14 Likes

Challenge Entry

Well, weā€™ve had a week ofā€¦ some minor winds :wind_face: for the most part, lots of clouds :cloud: & overcast days, along with everything from a drizzle to steady rains :cloud_with_rain: No thunder or lightning though, so not as much fun :rofl: I also wasnā€™t able to make any more Storm Water, but I think for right now Iā€™m doing good. :smiling_face:

I use the weather as a guide to how I am going to do things in my house & sometimes just to feel the energy & recharge my own. I love to feel the wind through my hair & as it blows through & around me. I watch the trees, plants, & water & how they interact with each other. Itā€™s common for us to sit on the couch during a storm & just watch out our bay window. Or sit in the back of my car with the hatch up & listen to the rain & watch the ā€œriversā€ it makes going down our street & how they flow with ease & keeps going as it works through the blockage it may have come up against.

The sun :sun: is a huge source of positive energy for me & productivity. Just for a break, I would sit on my back porch in the sun where it comes across our backyard & we get direct sunlight for about 6 hours as it moves through its daily path over our area. Feeling the wind with the sun refreshes my outlook, energy, mindsetā€¦ just everythingā€¦ the brighter the sun, the better I feel.

With that in mind, since we did have a very overcast & dreary week, I have been using my diffusers to change the ā€œweatherā€ in my home. While there are overcast & cloudy skies bringing in daylight in a gray sense, I have been using scents in my diffusers to brighten the rooms & just bring a sense of lighter energy & happiness to our days. Of course, during the week, itā€™s mostly myself at the house & it works to keep me from getting to down & out where Iā€™m napping most of the day.

In our room which is also my sacred spaceā€¦ for the diffuser there I have been using:

• Lavender
  • Lemon
  • Chamomile

In the one that I have in our living room that also has an open way to the kitchenā€¦ I have been using the Florida Water diffuser recipe from this post:

Itā€™s been a while since I made it on the stove top, but I think I may do that this week. Probably on Thursday.

So far there have been no complaints & the people that have come to the house have really enjoyed the scent mixes in the diffusers & the feeling in the house when they are inside. I bring the good weather to my home now when we have extended periods of gray & dreary days. :hugs:

I do have Moon Water, but I also make Storm Water & store it in an old brown glass bottle that my son had found me on a construction site where they were digging a foundation. It didnā€™t have its own cover, so I use a piece of plastic wrap that is held on by twine & a key hanging from the twine. Iā€™m going to see if I can find a cork that will fit the top. Also on my list of things to do :laughing:

I use the Storm Water mostly as part of an offering to the Morrigan :raven: when I need to meet with Her or connect in any way during different things that come up in life. I add either a couple of drops of Dragonā€™s Blood to it or Calendula & Hibiscus water to it for the deep shade of red it makes or I use it just by itself. I do have a couple of small pieces of Clear Quartz in my Storm Water & my Moon Water bottles. Normally, I put them out under the Full Moon :full_moon: but I didnā€™t this week. We had a busy week!

I did get to watch & see it in different aspects of the sky & took some pictures as it was becoming full through its changing over about 3 or 4 days. Last night I took this one where itā€™s not completely full, but looks really good in the sky despite the cloud cover we had:

9 Likes

I made storm water last night and I have this beautiful bottle that I got from Good Will a few weeks ago. I have corks, but I didnā€™t realize until this morning that they are to small. I was going around the kitchen looking for a lid to fit. Everything was to big or to small so I use the metal part of a tea light candle to use as a lid. As long as it doesnā€™t get knocked over it should work for now. Lol!

7 Likes

I think I will put a rubber band around it to hold a little better.

5 Likes

Lol. I am such an over thinker, I would be worried about causing a drought. :crazy_face: I also find rhyming my hardest part of creating a spell. I know it doesnā€™t have to rhyme. But I do like it rhyming.

I donā€™t think it makes a difference. It is all about intention. The book -Tarot by the Moon by Victoria Constantino discusses how intention is very important and touches on how everything is energy, even thoughts. I tell my kids- where thoughts go energy follows.
Here is an excerpt from that book

I love sitting and watching a storm, but from the safety of my porch. :blush:

Cool. I hasnā€™t thought of doing this. Great idea.

That would be so awesome in the truest sense of that word.

Nice pics of the moon!

@charlotte2 I hope your spell has turned out well.

That would be something to see!!

It is hard to take pictures of the moon through a telescope. My 14 year old has had the best success between us. It took awhile to get a good pic but it was worth it.

Thank you, @Francessca for this challenge!

That is a great suggestion! I may use this chant @Amaris_Bane with this change when it is raining too much here. Hope you donā€™t mind :purple_heart:

Great idea! There are so many things to learn in witchcraft. I hadnā€™t even thought of using storm water with Jupiter influenced spells.
I hope you get a storm soon (a mild one) so you can do your knotting and collecting.

I hope your snow spell works out well!

Great idea! I am looking forward to seeing that spell.

@LadyDennaRahl thank you for that information on snowwater and snowstorm water.

@Phoenix_Fire great idea about collecting sticks that broke off during the storm. I hope they have made great wands! Seeing/getting/making connections is exhilarating.

Love it! Great challenge entry. :grinning:

I had not thought of charging the same moon water under all the different full moons. Definitely something to look into.
I hope you feel better soon!

@Ostara I am glad you survived the lightening strike! Scary. I was only almost struck and that was freaky enough. The air was so energized all the hairs on my body were standing up. The air was sizzling.
So, I love this entry as when I am playing sports outside I would like to have something to help protect as I run for cover. :grin:

@Jeannie1 nice entry! Where did you get the Falconā€™s invocation?

That must feel so powerful and invigorating!

That gave me such a warm feeling. Your home must be so cozy and warm during Yule.

Love this!!!

@Susurrus :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: bringing the nice weather into your home with EOs. I hope you are enjoying your week and feel bright and energized!

11 Likes

Thanks! It is still snowing!! :grinning:

7 Likes

Jeannie
Thank you for your reply. You are such an empathetic person itā€™s a quality not everybody has. Iā€™m learning so much doing this challenge that I started to go off in way too many different directions that I had to just keep it brief and basic. But it is also fascinating and itā€™s explaining a lot to me, things that I didnā€™t understand but do now.
This class has been so enlightening and at the age of 59 I am very happy to be able to take time out of my life and just do me!

Lots of love :two_hearts: Blessed Be
MedƩƔ

8 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome. When it snows in Texas the whole state shuts down! Our A/C is on at the moment. Lol!

6 Likes

Medea,
Yes I am glad youā€™re carving out time for you! You are growing and just like nature we grow. Nature can be a bliss, also I believe that nature can also has an empathetic heart and wounds just like us. She has emotions just like us look :eyes: she was so angry about something or she could be bringing death to bring something new to be reborn.
My aunt sent me some pics of the snow in Oregon some day Iā€™ll be able to move out there in a quiet place surrounded by beauty! I am a libra so I can appreciate the beauty of nature.

Look what I found today on my nature walk!

I am glad ur taking out time to learn look nature has a way of saying to love you! I am making prayer beads but itā€™s not for this challenge but I will pray for mother nature and my own journey that I continue to grow and develop my green thumb because that helps her!
Jeannie

11 Likes

Iā€™m hoping to be able to make some snow :snowflake: water this year, but right now it seems too warm for us to even get snow yet. So it will probably be a bit before Iā€™m able to do that part.

We used to sit on my parentā€™s farmerā€™s porch out back & watch the thunder storms come through during the summer! One of my favorite things to do then! Now we watch out of our bay window unless I can make it to the beach road without too much flooding on the way. Depends on how the tides are when the storm comes through. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

Gorgeous feathers! They look to me like a Northern Flicker (woodpecker) and a Spot Bellied Eagle Owl. Omens for luck, prosperity, and wisdom :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Blockquote

Kassandra,

Blockquote Peel the orange. As you eat it, feel as it moves through your body, energizing you. Oranges are full of B1 or thiamin, a necessary component of cells, which aids your body in processing nutrients and converting the food you eat into energy. They are also rich in Vitamin C, which reduces oxidative stress in the body, preventing fatigue

Ow my thanks I will incorporate some :tangerine: oranges to help my body. Thank you for caring what I do to help heal.

Soifra Strega,

Thatā€™s great to keep track of the weather :snowflake: I sometimes use Alexa and she tells me the weather.

Blockquote

I love the feeling to when the cool wind when I am stressed in the car I roll the window down.

I used Babara Moores deck
[Witch Crystals: Casting Stones for Divination and Magic https://a.co/d/h19fXRu](Witch Crystals: Casting Stones for Divination and Magic https://a.co/d/h19fXRu)
I think itā€™s important to have relationships with indigenous peoples so we can support their projects and keep connections so we can help.
They need money to help the islands because of the valcanos. During this time of yule we have more time in the house. apparently it looks like since I have the green ever terrine, it might suggest an increase in resources in red jasper could mean that I will be in a position to help someone else.Tigers Eye :eye: provides protection and grounding, and it encourages a realistic plan or goal. Rose Quartz or or it can bring unconditional love and serenity, deep, inner healing and self-love. It brings love all kinds of love, but it also brings love to relationships! or it can bring unconditional love and serenity, deep, inner healing and self-love. It brings love all kinds of love, but it also brings love to relationships it spells. White onyx brings happiness and good fortune by creating a strong alignment with the divine. This is a receptive crystal, and it signifies receptivity on my part. It helps absorb energy that is needed and encourages the learning of life lessons and increases your connection with a higher guidance. White onyx creates such a safe environment and adit to find connection and you can also focus on your past life and healing old wounds that have held back.
Jeannie

9 Likes

Thanks, Charlette I thought maybe a Red Robin but appreciate your input! I will look them up!
Jeannie

8 Likes

I am a Libra as well I canā€™t tell you how deeply I miss the country I thought I was missing something in the big city about 20 years ago. As soon as this lawsuit settles Iā€™m heading back to the country the country is where itā€™s at! It

6 Likes

Challenge entry:
For my entry I just wanted to share the wonderful crazy weather have here. It has been 4 seasons in one day here today. Windy, humid, raining and sunny

You can really few the power Mother Nature has put out there and am so excited to be able to connect to her and utilise her magnificent weather. I am truely grateful :blush:

10 Likes

:grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation: :grey_exclamation: :exclamation:

Itā€™s time for a friendly reminder:

:exclamation: This challenge will soon close :exclamation:

If you would like to participate and havenā€™t done so already, please post about your challenge experience(s) by the deadline:

ā†’ December 13, 7:00 AM CET (Central European Time)

One of the fun things about being in an online coven is being spread out across so many different climates- it is a delight seeing different weather patterns and seasons being used in weather magick this week! Snow, sun, storms, rain, etc- so many types of weather being used magically in so much wonderful ways. Thank you so much to everyone who has shared their weather magick so far! :zap: :grinning:

If you havenā€™t already shared an entry but would like to join in, this is your friendly reminder that you still have a bit of time left to do so!

Blessed Be! :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :sparkles:

7 Likes