šŸŒ¦ Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Weather Witchery

Weekly witchy CHALLENGE- Weather Witcher.

Good evening, everyone :blush:.

Hope youā€™ll had a great day and a lovely weekend.

For this weeks challenge that I was super excited about I decided to call in a snow storm for a snow day so I could get some Yule/ Christmas gifts done.

Lucky for me it seemed to of worked :grin:! Disclaimer, there wasnā€™t enough to stay home for LOL, but my puppy made sure I stayed home anyway. He took out my feet and I did a flip, and landed on my belly on the wood floor. Needless to say, I decided I wasnā€™t going to work. Took a hot shower, and some pain killers and despite the rough start to my day due to an over excited puppy seeing and playing in snow for the first time I did get some Yule / Christmas gifts done.

For this challenge I decided to try the Hecate Snow chant - spell that I found on line (screen shot below, I honestly can not find the link that I pulled this from).

And a spell I decide to write:

I have gifts to make for this Yule Tide season, and a gift of snow would truly be pleasing.
To be blanked in white, filled with love and grace
may it snow tonight into tomorrow for a much needed break.

May no harm come to others and let love and light be embraced.
So mote it be for a winter snowy break.

Along with the Black candle that was lit for the spell done with Hecate, I added blue candle to mine while I recited my spell a few times.

Woke up this morning to some snow, not enough to be out of work :rofl: but as mentioned above my puppy made sure I stayed home anyway.

Look forward to going back to read what everyone else has done for this challenge.

Warmest regards, and only the best,
Francessca :hugs:

8 Likes

Challenge Entry: Weather Witchery

Ok, this was a bit more challenging of a challenge for me between being busy and nothing quite jumping out at me for this challenge. Plus Iā€™ll freely admit Iā€™m down a herbalism, botany, plant rabbit-hole! :laughing: :potted_plant:

Persuing the challenge post I ended up surfing my way to Guabancex (pronounced; gwa-ban-she), the TaĆ­no storm goddess. I had never heard of her before nor had I heard of the TaĆ­no.
Guabancex
(Image source)

The TaĆ­no were an ancient indigenous civilization found in what is now present day Florida and the Caribbean and given that part of the world, itā€™s no surprise that they had storm gods as part of their culture.

The TaĆ­no knew huracaā€™n well; living in the modern-day Bahamas, Greater Antilles and northern Lesser Antilles, their island territories were frequently in the path of the fierce and fast-moving storms.
(source)

Hurakan petroglyph symbol
(image source)

Guabancex along with her two male assistants GuatabĆ” (who brought the lightning and thunder) and Coatrisquie (responsible for the floods) were said to be responsible for catastrophic weather patterns.

(Image source)

Guabancex is said to be the destructive side of the ancestor mother spirit of the TaĆ­no, Atabay. While Atabay is ā€œThe maternal, nurturing maker-creator woman who can give birth to everything and bring forth Lifeā€ while Guabancex is "the fierce destructive elemental who can sweep everything away and wipe the slate clean " (source)
Two sides of the same coin.

I think itā€™s remarkable how the depiction of Guabancex is so similar to the symbol that we use in present day for hurricanes :cyclone:

8 Likes

Yes I feel for youā€‹:people_hugging: there is that little something about nature which just whisks you off your feet. Almost like a 7th senses if u ask me :relaxed:

8 Likes

Hooray! Iā€™m making some time to go through everyoneā€™s entries :heart:

Ok first of allā€¦ just like bow down to the rhyming prowess of @BryWisteria :bowing_woman: :clap: because this chant is amazing!

Thatā€™s super interesting! I didnā€™t know this :snowflake: but I used a bit of snow water a few years ago when I lived in Oregon. We didnā€™t have a blizzard but we did get snowed in at least once :laughing: I even wrote an entire blog post about Snow Magick a couple years ago! ā†’ Winter Witching ā€“ Snow Magick ā€“ 'Round the Cauldron ā† if youā€™re looking for some other ideas to use that snow! :snowman_with_snow:

If thereā€™s one thing that scares me and makes me feel a certain way about weather is wind. Just the wind and the way it sounds is creepy to me when it whistles through cracked windows and stuff :grimacing: wind is one thing Iā€™ve never really connected to lol

This is amazing! :clap: I love it! Thank you for sharing this spell you found by Ann Moura!

Awesome! Iā€™m so glad!

Thatā€™s my favorite, too :heart: :waning_gibbous_moon:

Iā€™d be really interested in hearing what you use the 12 Full Moon Water for! Iā€™ve never made it and thatā€™s gotta be a serious dedication to get (or remember, for me anyway lol) moon water for each of the full moons.

Oh, wow! I hadnā€™t heard any of these things to keep lightning away. Iā€™m gonna put them in my proverbial pocket for summer here in Florida ā€“ we definitely need it!

Welp, Iā€™ve got a new word to add to my dictionary because I am also very fond of thunderstorms!

I love having snow water from Oregon when I was there! Thank you for sharing :blush:

How amazing! Youā€™ve got your snow ā€“ so exciting! :clap: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Congratulations on your successful spellwork :sparkles:

You and me both! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thunderstorms are just so freakinā€™ amazing! I remember being a kid and my dad taking me outside under our patio to watch the thunderstorms. My daughter when she was younger used to call them ā€œthe big lightsā€ in the sky :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

That sounds like an amazing plan Charlotte :blush: I hope you had a wonderful time!

As always, your spells are beautifully worded and setup! :orange_heart:

Iā€™m stealing this blend lol I pulled the diffuser out of my room and brought it into the kitchen/common area space in my home. This sounds like it smells really good! Iā€™ve got an allergy blend that I use thatā€™s just like this except substitute peppermint for chamomile.

I think Iā€™m gonna see if I can get some attachments or something for the telescope we have so I can see it better :laughing: we found this telescope at Goodwill for likeā€¦ $25 so it was a great find!

Aww :people_hugging: donā€™t worry about being a " :poop: responder" lol ā€“ we all have lives and weā€™re all busy. No worries! Thank you for sharing these spells, though. Theyā€™re amazing! I think I really, really like that first one for being at one with the rain :cloud_with_rain:

I love that the spell worked for you but Iā€™m so sorry you ended up knocked over by your pupper :people_hugging: :heart:

Thatā€™s such an interesting thing to notice :cyclone: youā€™re right! Iā€™ve heard of the Taino before but I donā€™t know too much about them. I should learn a bit more about them since I live in Florida and theyā€™re the first Indigenous peoples that Christopher Columbus came into contact with. Thank you for sharing these deities!

Such amazing entries! :heart:

10 Likes

WWC Entry Weather Witchery

This challenge was perfect for my weather this week. Wednesday night of the Full Cold moon it was snowing here.

I went outside and it was very peaceful. I couldnā€™t see the moon but took a picture of where I thought it was.

I collected snow, let it melt, then put it in a jar to use at a later time.

Iā€™m thinking maybe cooling spray in the summer, or who knows maybe I might need to chill someone out!

I will edit in some pictures. Iā€™m running out of time :wink:

The snow I collected:

Snowing Outside:

Looking for the Full Cold Moon in the sky. Looks really cool!

Melted snow, It really shrank! I canā€™t wait to use it. I had a blast playing in the snow late at night.

:butterfly:

8 Likes

Thats such a good idea! Iā€™m glad you had fun! :smiley:
Theres still fresh snow here, hmm I wonder if I could get a jar or &alf at least. Thanks for the inspiration :raised_hands:

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing this! I love the Irish signs for bad weather. :joy:

4 Likes

Beautiful pics. Here in Canada we definitely get all fours seasons in a day often. When I travel within Canada I have to pack for every type of weather. Super fun. Lol

6 Likes

Please do :smiling_face: & let me know what you think! My husband really likes it & will keep our bedroom dpor shut so he ā€œdoesnā€™t have to shareā€ :rofl:

When there are sinus or allergies in the household, I add Eucalyptus or Wintergreen to the same blend*(sometimes both)* & it still gives a nice bright feeling to our room or the house :hugs:

5 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Great job to everyone who jumped into the world of Weather Witchery this week! Whatever weather you chose to work with, summon, or study- thank you so much for joining in and sharing your spellwork! :sun_with_face: :heart:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Note : To avoid confusion, this discussion will be locked until the Props and Presents post appears. At that time, this thread will reopen for discussion for a few more days- comments are welcome during this time, but please note that no additional prizes will be given.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Blessed be! :sun_behind_rain_cloud: :sparkles:

4 Likes

The challenge deadline has passed- thank you for joining in! :sparkles:

Reopening for any continued discussion and comments (feel free to respond to entries that were shared, chat about the challenge theme, etc!) :speaking_head:

The Props and Presents Post for this challenge is now live in the forum and badges have been sent to all entrants! :trophy:

ā†’ Props and Presents for the Weather Witchery Challenge

Thank you once again to all those who joined the challenge! :star2: I hope you enjoy your new badge :medal_military:

This thread has been reopened for discussion- feel free to comment on the theme, ask questions or reply to entries! However, please remember that no additional prizes will be given out now that the challenge has officially closed. Thank you!

3 Likes

:100: agree with you. I might have to look into that 7th Sense :thinking:

Blessed Be

4 Likes

Very interesting read, how the spell played out. Got the snow and to stay home, then poochy helping out. Spells are interesting how it can come together, series of events, chain reactions, itā€™s a trip sometimes. Hope the pain eases though and able to do what you need to for the day.

This is so nice, love what you wrote, so pretty and effective as well!

Yes, that is really remarkable!

8 Likes

Iā€™ll send some of our snow your way :snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake: :wink:
:butterfly:

6 Likes

OOOā€¦it would be greatly appreciated! Every day my daughter is likeā€¦ itā€™s grayā€¦ maybe weā€™ll get snowā€¦ :snowflake:

Yesterday morning we did get some rain changing over to snow and then flurrying for a couple of hours, but by the end of the day, it was just gray & yucky dampā€¦ I will take whatever you can send our way! :hugs:

6 Likes

This is a great idea! I never thought to use snow water like this :thinking: good thinking!

Youā€™re welcome! Itā€™s so funny because I was reading them and it was like ā€œthis is bad weatherā€¦this is bad weatherā€¦this is bad weatherā€¦ā€ and Iā€™m like okayā€¦but whatā€™s good weather then?? :joy:

I donā€™t know if I have chamomile. Iā€™ll have to look! I know I have actual dry chamomile that we use for tea lol but Iā€™m not sure about the essential oils.

I want to make a holiday blend with cinnamon and wintergreen. We had one from Young Living called Christmas Spirit but itā€™s all gone. It smelled so good!

7 Likes

@Amaris_Bane
When I do spells or write poetry. I have the alphabet in front of me and I sound out the word I wish to rhyme with the meaning Iā€™m looking for.
I.e. ā€œfight - Bite, bright height, night, etc.ā€
Good luck, remember you can do anything you choose to.
Love and Luck
Garner

5 Likes

I will see what I have in my recipes for Yule & Christmasā€¦ I like to have seasonal smells too. Now that sun is back, I can switch the scents up a bit :laughing: I donā€™t think my husband will let me change the one in our room though. He really likes that one right now :laughing:

I will get back to you once I go through what I have for essential oil diffuser blends. :smiling_face:

5 Likes