❤️‍🩹 Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Wholesome Healers

@crystal5 I bought a dehydrator a few weeks ago and tried it out with lemons. I also am doing an experiment with honey, lemon and cloves. I am going to let the lemon and cloves sit in the honey for two weeks and then (hopefully) I will have lemon infused honey.

10 Likes

Hello everyone…

Well, when it comes to healing, in the past, Iranian women were herbal witches who had a home and herbal remedy up their sleeve for every pain, which was and still is very effective. Nowadays, this has become the science of herbal medicine. Examples of I and my family share our experiences with you .:herb::herb::herb:

1- Well, sometimes I have severe migraine headaches, so my mother puts coriander in water and boils it, and then I smoke it, and the headache stops immediately. …

2- On days when we have a cold, we use thyme infusion to improve and prevent cold days of the year.

3-Using lavender infusion for headache…

4-My mother is suffering from sleep problems. She has been using rose water and Phoenix dactylifera extract for some time to calm her down and sleep well for several years.

5-Many years ago, my grandmother was suffering from hyperlipidemia, which she cured by constantly using dill in her low-fat yogurt and oat bread.

6-The use of mint extract has anti-bloating properties that we use after eating foods that cause bloating.

7-Cinnamon tea + rock candy is a great drink for my sister and me on menstrual days, which reduces menstrual pains and because of its warm nature, it is a great treatment for coldness of the uterus.

Now about spiritual healing to cure depression and quit smoking for my younger aunt who had committed suicide many times due to loneliness

And the last time she did this, one of my aunts put her in a mental hospital, and my little aunt called me many times from the hospital to get hee out of the hospital because the hospital environment is very negative energy.

And I promised my great aunt that she would not commit suicide again to release her from the hospital

We brought her to our house and I treated her with love and special attention. I accepted her in my room and spent all my time with her. I taught her to be playful and laugh and I didn’t blame her for his addiction to smoking

Her family and friends had abandoned her, but instead I accompanied her to smoke, I took her to the roof of the house so that he could smoke without anyone finding out (I was a secret friend to her) and together about this and the reasons. We were talking and finally I convinced her to quit smoking and she did it successfully and of course of her own free will without any pressure or blame from others.

(She returned to her home 7 months later, more than 12 years have passed since that day, she still lives alone, and she no longer smoked, committed suicide, or depression)

Of course, I do not recommend this to anyone. If there is a mental patient in friends and family, it is better to be under the supervision of a doctor, but in the case of my little aunt, I knew that her suicide was a show to attract the attention of others. She is suffering from its deficiency, so I injected her to make him normal.
(This is the magic of love​:heart::heart::heart:)

12 Likes

@zari
Oh, my precious girl, would you share more of your family’s recipes for medicine?
(Be aware that if you say no, begging will ensue and real tears.)
Ever grateful.
Garnet

PS; my people came from upper Appalachia, NY, so I have a few I’d like to share.
Sunburn? Strong tea, cold if possible cool if not applied directly to burn. It cools the burn and heals the skin!

When I was 13, I got a really bad sunburn, like tomato red burn.
Since I’m so white I almost glow in the dark, it was bad. And painful.
Mom had hepatitis and was yellow as a lemon, so my Great Aunt [Born 1880]came to help her and keep us heathens out of trouble.
Mom tried to get out of bed (What a good mommy) But Auntie told her to lay back down and made up some strong tea, cooled it, and applied it to my burns. I swear to God, I woke up the next day and I not only had no burn and was white as snow again.

As I got older I asked her what she did and she told me → Tea girl, just tea, worked on me and my brothers too.
Step One
Fill a pitcher with warm water and drop in three bags of BLACK TEA. (The tannic acid and theobromine in black tea helps remove heat from sunburn. Other compounds in tea, called catechins, help prevent and repair skin damage. She didn’t explain that, so I looked it up.)
Let the tea bags soak until the water has turned a rich, dark black color. Let the tea mixture cool to a lukewarm temperature.
STEP TWO:
Remove all your clothes…dip a soft rag into the tea and dab it gently onto the sunburn. DO NOT WIPE OFF! Let your burned skin absorb the mixture. Once it’s dry, re-apply as necessary, but don’t wash off.
Just before bedtime is the ideal time to try this healing potion so it has time to work its magic while you sleep. In the morning wash it off in the shower. The sunburn should be better, if not gone.
The sooner you can apply the tea after you get the burn, the more effective it will be.

DIY SUNBURN SPRAY

• 2 oz. distilled water
  • 10 drops [lavender essential oil]useful for burns
  • 5 drops [peppermint essential oil] cools and feels so great.
    Keep in the fridge, spay as needed…Ahhh

Sunburn Pain Remedy on Instructables.com

13 Likes

Oh yes of course dear @Garnet , I’m glad it caught your attention, tonight I’m going to trap my mother and ask more and more questions😈

11 Likes

A friend of mine has severe migraine so the coriander in water caught my attention. You say you smoke it. How?
And what a wonderful story about your aunt. You proved that love and attention can heal severe trauma’s. It makes me cry a little, I am touched by it.

12 Likes

:hibiscus::herb::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::candle::blue_heart::orange_heart::blue_heart::orange_heart::blue_heart::orange_heart::blue_heart::orange_heart:

14 Likes

What a good Mama, I love her already and U-2 :upside_down_face:
Garnet

11 Likes

@martje Yes, put some leaves and stalks of coriander in a container, add some water, let it boil, then remove it from the flame, put a cloth or a towel on your head so that the steam does not escape, and hold your head at a distance of about 30 cm from the container. Breathe its steam. Yes, in my opinion and according to the experiences I have had, being happy and having a positive attitude despite all problems can be a magical energy to get out of all problems.:blue_heart::orange_heart::woman_in_lotus_position:t2::candle::dancer:t2::dancer:t2::blush:

12 Likes

Oh dear Garnet, this recipe is also great for my mom, she also gets sunburned very quickly, thank you for sharing.:sun_with_face::fire::ok_hand:t2::pray:t2:

11 Likes

Planning a cat magick ritual, that involves your fur baby, can be tricky. You have to do things on their terms and when the time is right for them. Marble was playing with her catnip toy one morning and meowing loudly. I go to check on her to make sure she’s okay. She throws her toy around and looks at me as if saying, “How was I, mommy? Am I a good hunter?”
“Yes, you are, Marble. Who’s a little lion? Who’s a ferocious beast?” I said as I began to pet her.
The sun was coming in through the window and I petted her. That, of course, that made her purr loudly. She almost always purrs when I pet her. But then, she started getting frisky and tried to bite my arm— her way of saying it’s time for me to feed her. I asked Bast for to protect her and gave thanks for having such a wonderful, sometimes ornery, kitty.

11 Likes

So my husband broke his rib some how. We have no idea, out best guess is he ran into something sleep walking. Anyways, they’re isn’t much you can do for that other than control the pain and a compression bandage. I’ve already made him a pain rub oil that is an almond oil base with wintergreen EO, peppermint EO, arnica EO, and vitamin E oil in a roller bottle for easy application.

For this challenge I decided to make a salve for chronic pain that he can use either on his rib or his back that is always bothering him.

Ingredients (all herbs are dried, of using fresh, use 1 1/2 - 2 times the amount of fresh herbs due to moisture content):

• 1/2 c white willow bark
  • 1/2 c St. John’s Wort
  • 1/2 c fennel
  • 1/2 c feverfew
  • 1 Tbsp. ground turmeric
  • 1 tsp. grated ginger
  • 2 c carrier oil (I used almond oil)
  • 5 drops vitamin E oil
  • 1-2 ounces beeswax, grated (less if you want it thinner, more of you want it thicker)

Directions:

1. Pack the herbs into the carrier oil and cook on extremely low heat for 1 1/2 hours. Alternatively, you can mix all ingredients in a slow cooker, turn on low, and let them step overnight/8-12 hours
  2. Strain through cheesecloth and discard the herbs. Be careful not to burn yourself!!
  3. Add the vitamin E oil, then the beeswax. Stir until the beeswax is melted.
  4. Pour into a jar and label. If stored in a cool, dark area, it will last up to six months.
  5. After cooling, apply to area of pain by rubbing into the skin.

Note: this will stain clothes or furniture so you may want to cover the area with gauze or an old t-shirt. He wears an old undershirt.

This had been helping to give him some comfort while he hurries up and waits on the rib to heal.

13 Likes

Aren’t cats great? My cats bat a cloth mouse around then stop, look at me as if to say “What?”
When I pet them too much, they let me know they’ve been overstimulated by kicking or biting me (not hard). I stop and put them back on the floor.

12 Likes

This is a great recipe, the elements you included cover all bases.

willow back contains salicin, a chemical similar to aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid). for pain
St. John’s Wort controls anxiety helps pain
Fennel has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial effects.
feverfew, to treat and prevent headaches
ground turmeric is a mood booster
ginger ** helps prevent or treat nausea* migraine sufferers will understand this. helps pain*
Vit E as a preservative
Amaris! you deserve the badge of Apothecarist if not, Weekly witchy challenges will have a catch-up week and this is a wonderful submission. May I add this to my recipes?
Impressed and delighted
Garnet

10 Likes

Please do!! I share my recipes so that they may help others. I have a strong calling to be a healer and in this modern world, that includes educating others on how to heal themselves naturally. I know I don’t need to “teach” you as you have way more experience than me but if I can share recipes or spells, it brings joy to my heart!

Blessed be!

10 Likes

Although your path isn’t set in stone, you are a healer, my girl. Nurture that flame, it may prove invaluable.
Blessings
Garnet

10 Likes

Thank you :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Seems a good salve Amaris, I think I am going to try this one

10 Likes

Crystal5,
I am actually going to try these wonderful gifts for my advantage to have wellness!
Jeannie

11 Likes

This week’s challenge is near and dear to my heart. You see, I began my journey as a witch just over 1 year ago and within the first couple of months, I discovered Spells8 and the Infinite Roots coven. I began my learning from Spells8 with a particular interest in The Green Witch: Herbal Witchcraft course. It was here that I discovered and learned to use the offerings of nature to bring health to my family…and in particular, to my daughter.

My 30-year old, beautiful daughter, lives at home with me after some trauma a few years ago while out on her own. In the few years that she’s been back home, years that I think we can all agree have been surreal, she has suffered further anxiety with what has been happening of late with the COVID pandemic and with other societal and environmental concerns. She was becoming overwhelmed with anxiety and depression as a result of these tumultuous times. I was doing what I could to support her, but much to our relief, what really seems to work for her is to sit in the kitchen in the evenings with me, while I am at my alter, practicing green witchcraft, reading tarot or conducting crystal magick, or making any number of herbal concoctions to aid the family. She has told me that watching me work, in peace and with focus, or simply meditating, brings her calm and she often silently joins in. While she hasn’t gone so far as to adopt witchcraft for herself, she is clearly open to it and happy to let me know that she is directly benefiting from it.

In each instance, I make sure that I include some type of anxiety spell that includes creating a circle of protection around her and I. This brings her great comfort and she has said numerous times that my craft has changed her life and that she is much more at peace because of it.

To know that I am helping my child through witchcraft brings me immeasurable relief and pride because of the peace I’ve been able to provide her.

I will be forever grateful to this community for helping me to achieve this for my daughter.

This is a pic of her:

Thank you :orange_heart:

17 Likes

@Satu_TheGreenWitch I wish I could like/heart :heart: This 1,000 times over. This is absolutely the best thing I’ve heard about and I am so very happy for you and your daughter! My daughter practices very casually and she doesn’t deem herself any labels but she does ‘all the things’ nonetheless. The relief and peace she gains when she ‘practices’ is immense so I SEE YOU. I understand and I’m so happy for you both! :purple_heart:

PS she is gorgeous!

11 Likes