:cauldron: Weekly Witchy Challenge - Witch Brews & Potions

Oolong tea is my new favorite tea! It has a fruity, floral smell to it, but don’t drink it too close to bedtime. I usually go to bed around 12:30 a.m. and was wide awake until 3:00 a.m. :worried: I might substitute it for coffee. It gave me more energy. :smile:

14 Likes

I’m currently working on getting my online shop set up with my oil infusions and other DIYs! :grin:

15 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY - WWC - WITCH BREWS & POTIONS

Witch Bottle | for protection

Dating back to the 1600’s, witch bottles were originally used to protect those against witches that would seek to do them harm - however in later centuries they were used as a protective spell created to destroy any negative intent cast towards you within your dwelling. It is now often used near Samhain to keep evil spirits from entering the home on Hallow’s Eve.

MY SPELL RECIPE FOR A WITCH BOTTLE:
I cleansed and consecrated all of the ingredients including the bottle for this protective spell with the intent and purpose towards destroying all harm that would come my way both intentionally and unintentionally.

I used the following ingredients (it’s what I was drawn to and also what I had on hand, you can use whatever correspondences and ingredients you are drawn to):

Glass jar with lid

Razor blade

2 rubber bands

Rusty nails

Double sided tape

……to impale evil.

2 bay leaves - one that says PROTECT and one says GUARD

Sea salt

Rosemary

Garlic

Dried onion

Cayenne

……further injures evil and sends it far away from your property.

Red wine vinegar

Alcohol - I used amaretto

……to drown evil.

Start filling the jar with the first 5. Then as you’re adding the next set of 6 items say:

Blades, nails, rosemary, red wine;

In this witches bottle of mine,

Guard against harm and enmity;

This is my will, so mote it be!

As you visualize these items protecting you and guarding you, pour in the red wine vinegar and alcohol.

Cap the jar and drip wax to seal the bottle (I chose red wax) and I also sealed a pentagram symbol into the side and top of the jar.

Bury it outside your house or in a pot outside the house and either use the pentagram symbol like I did on the bottle and say your intention that it is a banishing pentagram or draw a banishing pentagram in the dirt above where you buried it. I buried it on the entrance to our property.

The witches bottle will destroy negativity and evil before it enters your home.

For more history and another Witch Bottle spell, do a quick search on the web, or read about it here!

16 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY BONUS! - WWC - WITCH BREWS & POTIONS

ABUNDANCE SPELL BOTTLE

Ingredients I chose:
Old money - I used a combination of US and international currencies in —* coins and paper bills.
—I took all of the paper bills and rolled them up and tied off with twine.—

• sesame seeds
  • cinnamon
  • cloves
  • allspice
  • Walnuts

Place each item into your abundance bottle. Cap it tightly. Drip wax around the lid to seal it (I chose a green lid and green wax for MONEY!).
I made a pentagram seal on the top in GOLD!

Shake the bottle for three minutes while chanting these or similar words:
With Herbs, silver, and Copper
used as correspondence;
All work together
to increase my abundance.

I did not have enough room in my jar to get all of the coins inside, so I used a clear dish to sprinkle more herbs and the rest of the coins and placed the abundance spell bottle in the center. I wrote in gold PROTECTION and ABUNDANCE on the glass dish. Place the entire dish with the bottle in your house near where you leave your wallet, purse or other item you keep your money/credit cards in when you are at home.

NOW… allow money to come into your life.
It is done.

For all the witches outside the USA, let me know if you can pick out your own ‘old’ or ‘old-ish’ currency to your or your past country’s currencies. I have piles of currencies I have collected from my travels around the world over the last 35 years and it comes in handy for my practice!

16 Likes

I’ve done that too with other currencies! :heart: Felt like it helped cover all the bases, not only any domestic funds but any foreign as well!

13 Likes

Challenge Entry

I took advantage of the full moon Sunday to make a couple of tinctures. They all have to sit for four weeks, so timing it with the full moon is an easy way for me to remember the timing. I also then made some natural cleaning/ clearing solutions.

Tincture #1: Headache Tincture

I am trying to find more natural remedies for my ailments. The most annoying/ debilitating one is my headaches/ migraines. I wanted to make a tincture that I could take in place of the ibuprofen/ Excedrin/ rizatriptan I currently live on.

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup dried feverfew
  • 1 tbsp dried valerian root (optional)
  • 1 tbsp dried lemon balm
  • 1 tbsp dried chamomile
  • Everclear or vodka
  • small jar with a tight sealing lid

Directions

1. Mix the herbs in the jar and pour the alcohol over to cover them.
  2. Seal with lid, shake it gently, swirling it in a clockwise motion, following the sun, while inviting the sun’s light and healing energy into the tincture.
  3. Store in a dark place for four weeks, pulling it out to shake as above at least once a week (daily is better).
  4. When the four weeks are up, strain out the herbs and compost. Transfer the tincture to a dark glass bottle and store it for up to six months.

Dosing
At the first sign of a headache, drop a teaspoon’s worth into your mouth and hold it there for a moment. Take a deep, cleansing breath, swallow at the top of the breath, and then release the air from your lungs, sighing out tall that is causing you pain. Repeat every two hours as needed until the headache is gone.

Tincture #2: Two A.M Tincture

This tincture is to be used when you wake in the middle of the night and cannot fall back asleep. Much better than sleeping meds. Note: this one would be better to make on the new moon when sleep comes most easily, but I didn’t think of it till after I made it.

Ingredients

• 1/4 cup dried valerian root
  • 1 tbsp dried lemon balm
  • 1 tbsp dried chamomile
  • 1 tbsp lavender
  • Everclear or vodka
  • small jar with a tight sealing lid

Directions

1. Mix the herbs in the jar and pour the alcohol over to cover them.
  2. Seal with lid, shake it gently, swirling it in a counter-clockwise motion, invoking darkness and rest.
  3. Store in a dark place for four weeks, pulling it out to shake as above at least once a week (daily is better).
  4. When the four weeks are up, strain out the herbs and compost. Transfer the tincture to a dark glass bottle and store it for up to six months.

Dosing
When you wake in the middle of the night, take a teaspoon into your mouth, then lay back. When your breath and heart rate have returned to their slow, sleepy rhythm, all the tincture to slip down your throat. Feel it settle and permeate your body - moving through your bloodstream. Let your body and mind rest.

Floor Wash

Floor washes date back to old-world magick. They are generally used on an already cleaned floor to spiritually clean. You can use it on windows and walls as well.

Ingredients

• 1/4 c pine needles
  • 1/4 c rosemary
  • 1/4 c sage (I used kitchen sage)
  • 1/4 c basil (I used sweet basil)
  • 1 tbsp. cloves
  • 1 tbsp. peppercorns
  • 1 tbsp. juniper berries

Directions

1. Heat four (4) cups of water and bring it to a boil.
  2. Add the herbs and berries. Bring the mixture to a simmer for ten (10) minutes.
  3. Turn off the mixture and allow it to sit overnight, surrounded by selenite, tiger’s eye, rose quartz, fluorite, and amethyst.
  4. Strain and save in a glass jar.

Use
When you are ready to use the floor wash, ensure that you have already physically cleaned your home top to bottom. Heat a quart of water until it is hot, but not too hot - you need to be able to put your hands in it. Stir in a cup of the floor wash mixture.

Using a clean cloth, wipe down all surfaces. Start at the back of your home and work towards the front door. Spend extra time in the corners or dark places, or wherever negative energy tends to collect in your home. When you get to the front door, wipe it down both the inside and the outside.

Dispose of the water once done. You can use it to water any plants you have. :slight_smile:

Disinfectant spray

I made more of my disinfectant spray. This is simply 1 part white vinegar and three parts 99% isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol). You can add any essential oils you would like to this mix. I use lemon, tea tree, and peppermint. I also charge it by surrounding it with selenite, sunstone, and pyrite for one hour. Then use it as you would any store-bought sprays!

Clearing Spray

I use a clearing spray once a week after my weekly cleaning to cleanse my space of any lingering negative or unwanted energies.

Ingredients

• 30-40 drops of essential oils
  • 1 c purified/distilled water (I used distilled bottle water that I have charged under moonlight)
  • 1 tbsp. vodka or isopropyl alcohol (helps oils blend with the water)

Directions

1. Choosing essential oils: Frankincense and sage are the most common for energy clearing; clove can be added for protection, sweet orange or rose for optimism, and peppermint/lemon/ginger for energy and clarity. Use what calls to you.
  2. Mix all ingredients in a ceramic bowl.
  3. Allow the bowl to rest overnight in the moon’s light, surrounded by selenite, black tourmaline, moonstone, and clear quartz.
  4. In the morning, pour the potion into a dark-colored glass spray bottle.

Use
To use, spray the air with the potion three times, or in multiples of threes, while holding the intention of releasing all that no longer serves you or your household.

These recipes come from, The Witchy Homestead: Spells, Rituals, and Remedies for Creating Magic at Home by Nikki van de Car. As the name suggests, it is a guide to creating a magickal homestead, no matter where you live. I highly recommend it.

15 Likes

I am totally gonna make the headache tincture for a friend of mine that suffers from migraines, thank you. And girl, lemme tell you! I make tea of the exact combination of ingredients you used for your 2 a.m. tincture and it works better for me than any prescription I’ve ever received! Definitely be ready for sleep after that! :grin: Love these.

Disclaimer: that is NOT medical advice in any way shape or form! Lol

13 Likes

Meant to also say that it’s the only thing they will pull me out of a bad anxiety attack, that’s what I use it for… As I have no trouble sleeping :rofl:

12 Likes

I love this!! I will have to make one up that I can use myself now.

I can smell that combination all the way over here!! Please do share the recipe!!

First off, welcome @ashley69!!! You did well on your first challenge! Your label is great! If you don’t mind, I would love to add this recipe to my “cookbook.”

@Phoenix_Fire, @Kasandra, and @TheMuslimWitch, tea blends are always a good idea! I have several that I use for various reasons.

@Amethyst, this reminds me that I need to make some as well soon! I am almost out. I will have to try your charcoal-less recipe.

@SacredBee, that does sound yummy! I have been looking for more ways to incorporate local honey into my diet. I will have to try this!

This is a great question! Orange would be good for emotional healing; green is good for general healing and creating a healthy, stress-free lifestyle; blue is associated with healing, protection, and understanding.

@Garnet, I love learning about ancient practices. Thank you for sharing these!

@SilverBear, while I don’t like pumpkin, I love that this is a cocktail! I haven’t even thought about using my magick when making drinks.

@LadyDennaRahl, I love this moon water recipe. Thank you for sharing.

@crystal5 and @john.knox, you had me at coffee!

@SpanishWitchy, oh, another glamour recipe! I love learning natural ways to take better care of my skin.

@jan_TheGreenWitch, look at you go with multiple entries!! I have never looked into witch’s bottles but now I am going to add it to my list of things to learn about.

@ValentineMoonBabe, I have migraines as well! I’m hoping this will work for me. I hope it will work for your friend as well. And now you gave me an idea to try this for my GAD as well!!

Sorry for the long post; I wanted to ensure I responded to everyone’s entry. They are all amazing!

14 Likes

CHALLENGE ENTRY

For my challenge entry i thought i would share some recipes. I dont use units of measure when making teas, its all in what feels right at the time. I usually start off with a pinch and go from there.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a doctor or any other medical professional. Always speak with your doctor before taking anything new, even herbs as they can counter act with your medications. NEVER stop taking your perscribed medications without consulting with your doctor, even if these remedies help.

Psychic attack protection tea

Dandelion Root
Arnica
Jasmime flowers
Mugwort (use sparingly)
Dash of Cinnamon
Any green tea leaves of your choosing. I personally use Dao Ren or Dragonwell

Protection Powder

Dragons blood
Frankincense
Myrrh
Salt
Black pepper
Cayenne pepper
Graveyard dirt (older the better, mine is from a grave from 1883)
Snake skin (any kind, i use albino baby ball python)

Grind all into powder form

Mercury Retrograde Oil

8 drops Frankincense
5 drops Myrrh
5 drops ylang ylang
1 drop lemon grass
Onyx, hematite, and/or smokey quartz chips

Above is your base

Additional add in’s

Sage
Lavender
Lemon balm
Lemon verbena
Dragonsblood
Cedar
Licorice root
Ginger
Clove

Womens Health Tea

Raspberry leaf
Vitex berries (also called Chasteberry)
Nettle leaf
Linden flowers
Cinnamon
Splash of lemon
Rose petals

Cold & Flu Brew

Ginger
Anise seed
Peppemint
Yarrow
Elder flower
Rose hips

11 Likes

I went out on a limb this time and did something I’ve been wanting to do for a while – I made a coffee syrup! :coffee: So for this recipe, I found a base recipe for a coffee syrup online and added in my own ingredients.

Since I drink coffee literally every single morning, I wanted this to give me a magical boost in a few different areas of my day. So, I added ingredients for energy, focus, clarity, health, wealth, and abundance (which turned into a nice chant, by the way :laughing:) So, here’s the recipe!

Megan’s All Purpose Coffee Syrup

• 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 tbsp cinnamon - energetic boost and health
  • 1 tbsp cocoa - sweetness and happiness
  • 1/5 tbsp ground cloves - path clearing and protection
  • a pinch of salt - cleansing and protection
  • 1/2 tsp peppermint flavor - abundance and prosperity

(Note: I know the picture shows Nutmeg but I swapped Nutmeg for Clove at the last minute.)

Put everything in a saucepan on medium heat. Whisk together and bring to a boil, mixing constantly. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and stir constantly.

I used the stirring process to infuse my syrup with my intention. I began with a simple chant.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Cinnamon and sugar,
Chocolate and clove,
Combine well with heat,
As I mix on the stove.

Energy and clarity,
I call you my way.
With coffee this syrup
Moves me through my day.

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

You have to stir the syrup as it simmers for at least 10 minutes. As this happens, I stirred clockwise and chanted “Energy, focus, clarity, health, wealth, abundance” as I stirred clockwise three times. I would then stir counter-clockwise three times and say “Clove clear my path, Salt clear my path.”

Once the syrup has simmered for at least 10 minutes, remove the pot from the heat and store it in a heat safe container. Let it cool completely before putting a lid on it and storing it in the fridge.

In the morning, I plan on repeating the chant that I used while stirring the syrup as I stir my coffee.

Everywhere that I’ve read has said this will store in the fridge for approximately 1 month but I doubt it will last that long. It’s cooling right now so I’ll let you know how it tastes (and works!) tomorrow!

For anyone wanting the nutrition information, I took the time to figure that out :blush:

Open Me for Nutrition Information

It should make approximately 16 servings (1tbsp each) at about 50kcal per serving.

16 Likes

It went well making it! Got a little smokey but it didn’t set off the alarms, thank goodness!

9 Likes

WWC Entry: Witch Brews and Potions

I have an easy recipe I found in the “Herbal Handbook”, I bought it at Five Below, the cover says its from the Rare Book and Folio Collections of The New York Botanical Garden.

Calendula Cleanser

1/2 cup fresh petals and 1 cup milk. Simmer for 30 mintues, then strain out the petals. Once cooled, massage into the face and neck. Rinse with warm water. Store in the fridge.

To lighten and brighten hair color, try rinsing with a tea brewed from the petals.

I have enough dried petals but not fresh so I think I will add an extra 1/4 cup of petals. I only get a few flowers daily. I haven’t come up with a chant to go with it yet but this recipe sounds so good and easy I had to share. I’m sure you could use Oat Milk as a substitute.
:butterfly:

11 Likes

Challenge Entry- Witch brews and potions

Took advantage of the full moon to cleanse and charge crystals, jewelry and tarot decks but also to make Full Moon Water.

Decided to double my fun and do a simple tea spell tonight before bed to help me sleep.

As always, thank you for providing these challenges as a way to keep my practice active and to learn new things!

(Edit: first time using the app to submit a challenge and can’t figure out how to include links. And my photos aren’t showing up. Will edit in the am but wanted to make sure i submitted in time)

15 Likes

Weekly Witchy Challenge - Witch Brews & Potions - Entry

For my entry, I made Full Moon Oil

I adapted the recipe to what I had available:

• Perfume bottle
  • Fractionated coconut oil
  • Clary Sage essential oil
  • Rose petals & Rose essential oil
  • Lavender & Lavender essential oil
  • Jasmine Absolute
  • Cinnamon essential oil

In a sacred space:

I call upon the spirit of Clary Sage
to infuse this space with blessings.
With this scent,
I cleanse this bottle of all negative,
and harmful energy
so that I may use it for my highest good.
So it is said,
and so shall it be.
Blessed Be!

To complete the spell, I placed the bottle in the Light of the Full Moon!

13 Likes

Weekly Challenge Entry: Pluto Libation

For this challenge, I wanted to create a potion to manage my occasional bouts of dysphoria, which, if you have ever had PMS, is similar…kind of a pointless irritability. It is not unlike being possessed by some faceless dark energy. So, I wanted to craft a potion that would have a transformative effect on my mood and spiritual energy, act as a negativity repellent and exorcise my personal demons. For that, I thought working with Pluto would feel right. Devising a Plutonic potion isn’t easy but I came up with a recipe of pomegranate juice (Pluto - transformation; wish magick), apple juice (Underworld fruit), fresh ground black pepper (protection, exorcism) and ground cloves (protection, exorcism). It is spicy and delicious. I will also use it as a libation during the October 25 New Moon in Scorpio. Pluto has been in my 12th house and sextiling my sun. I feel this is an important placement and intention for me.

12 Likes

That sounds awesome!!! I wish u the best of luck with your shop

9 Likes

Nothing like a good cup of tea :teapot: :tea:

10 Likes

This challenge is now CLOSED :exclamation:

Look at all those amazing potions! :star_struck: With so many amazing brews and magickal potions, I think we could open up a pretty spectacular Infinite Roots Apothecary :sparkles::grinning: Thank you so much to everyone who joined in the challenge this week! :trophy::heart::cauldron:

A Props and Presents post will soon appear with shout-outs and prize details for everyone who submitted an entry. Please keep an eye on the main page of the forums.

Thanks again for joining in the challenge! :partying_face:

Note : This post will remain open for continued discussion for a few more days, but no additional prizes will be given after today.

Blessed be! :cauldron::sparkles:

12 Likes

Challenge entry

I made Rose Water and a pineapple ginger tea potion for cleansing and detoxing my skin inside and out. I also made Florida Water. I always buy it, this was the perfect time to make my own. I used the recipes shared here in the coven.
I enjoyed bringing magic into my kitchen with herbs and fruits

13 Likes