What are these herbs used for?

I have a ton of herbs that I’m not sure what to do with. But I’m only going to ask about Lemongrass and Aniba Canelilla. I did use lemongrass in one jar spell but that’s it. Can anyone help with the correspondences? Please and thank you :hugs:

5 Likes

@christina4 hi lemon grass is used protect and purify. Also used for psychic cleansing and opening up psychic abilities. Also lots of uses in herbal medicine. The Aniba canelilla I don’t have much info on. Has some medicinal uses and it can be used to purify. If you want the medical uses of these let me know.

5 Likes

Good morning!

I found this link: Magickal Properties of Lemongrass that covers history, uses, medicinal uses, magickal uses, correspondences.

Aniba Canelilla Abstract has a lot about its medicinal uses. I don’t know if @crystal24 found that there isn’t anything on correspondences as we would use them for that one. There is research papers on it though.

5 Likes

@Susurrus hi yes I saw that there is not much info on magic uses for the Aniba camellia but I did see that some other cultures use it to purify. Sorry if I didn’t say it very clearly.

6 Likes

According to Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs, lemongrass repels snakes when it’s grown by the home and is used in lust potions as well as infusions to aid in psychic development.

The other herb I’ve never heard of so I can’t help you too much there. Sorry, love!

5 Likes

@Amethyst I forget that I have that book in my drawer by my altar :joy: durrr…

@crystal24 yep, the same thing, that’s a tough one for sure!

I even checked Old Herb Names & Herbal Substitutes at Raven & Crone Herbs. Sorry that we couldn’t be more help with that one :thinking:

5 Likes

LOL! That’s okay, it gave me something to do to help. I’m just sorry I couldn’t find anything on that other herb.

5 Likes

That was a tough one for sure! I have a couple of herbs like that too

5 Likes

Thank you everyone for your help!! I truly appreciate it :relaxed:

5 Likes

You’re welcome, sweetheart.

5 Likes

Lemongrass can r used to traverse messages through the veil and it was used by them Romans to control lust

5 Likes

i use lemongrass to purify. smells delightful too

6 Likes

I like the smell too & was just thinking that I would make incense with what I have on hand.

5 Likes

I like it in tea to enhance psychic abilities

5 Likes

I really can’t answer your question but thought I would share a cool method for herb organization I saw somewhere online. Basically they put colored dots on them based on their uses. Protection was one color, prosperity another, used to enhance psychic abilities was another etc. Some have many dots and some have 1 or 2 This makes creating spell bottles a breeze. I want to do this for mine so I don’t accidentally poison myself making tea potions. I plan to put specifically mark the herbs that can be brewed and ingested

9 Likes

Thank you :heavy_heart_exclamation: I think that’s a great idea!!!

6 Likes