What do you think this is?

Aventurine should scratch glass, I would say fluorite or calcite (either way I wouldn’t put it to sit in water).

9 Likes

Based on the pictures, I’m inclined to think it’s fluorite. However, I’m not a crystal expert :laughing: and I don’t know too much about them.

8 Likes

Oh jeez. Yea, stay away from there. Most people are more than willing to help. Plus she clearly doesn’t know her crystals. I’m sorry. I hope you’re able to figure out what it is. Where did you get it?.. I went back and re-read your original post. Is there a way to contact the seller and see if they know?

8 Likes

It looks like green fluorite to me especially with the newer pictures. I’d say it’s fluorite :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

I’m going to throw tourmaline out there. That was my first instinct.

9 Likes

Same here. I’m thinking Green Fluorite as well.

7 Likes

Mine as well

7 Likes

Amazon, it’s part of a Chakra set and hanging Himalayan salt rock. Amazon is hit or miss but it was cheap and I was mainly after the raw amethyst and salt rock

There is already an absolute close in color misidentification so I don’t see much point. In their defense, they were all so covered in dirt that it would be easy to do even for someone familiar with crystals. My guess is it’s just a buy in bulk and put together some sets that will sell thing

7 Likes

It’s listed as Green Fluorite but my husband and I both said Tourmaline at first sight. However it has enough Fluorite characteristics that I guess we’ll call it Fluorite

7 Likes

I can see why you would think it’s tourmaline as well. The way the crystals are formed. It’s very similar.

6 Likes