What herbs make your must have list?

Hello my lovely coven! We have decided that we want to consolidate our motorhome and fifth wheel RV into a single motorhome so that we can easily travel. This being said, I’m going to have to downsize a bunch of stuff.

One thing I need to pare down is my herbal stash. I’m looking at being able to have ~10 quart mason jars. Excluding cooking herbs (basil, oregano, thyme, cinnamon, garlic, etc), what would your 10 must-haves be?

13 Likes

Italian seasoning, pumpkin pie spice, rosemary, thyme, cumin and chili powder. Oh, don’t forget the salt and pepper.

10 Likes

Lol, let me clarify. I have a pantry for my kitchen spices and will keep what I have there. My space for my magic supplies will be limited so I need to downsize my herbal supplies.

9 Likes

Lavender I think. I don’t really live the way lavender smells, but funny enough, I use it all the time!

I seem to use more essential oils than actual loose herbs, so I don’t think I am a whole lot of help here, but I vote for lavender!

8 Likes

I am new to herbs but my mom is an herbalist. Some of the ones my mom talked about the most- that I can remember- : lavender, arnica, calendula, milk thistle, tea tree essential oil, aloe Vera plant, rosemary, thyme, oregano, (but these are covered in kitchen spices)

11 Likes

Ah. Sorry. I was thinking that rosemary would cover just about any herb, and pumpkin pie spice has all the lovely fire herbs. LOL!

7 Likes

Ohhhh a lot of the herbs and plants I like to use double for use in the kitchen, but if I had to look past the most popular culinary herbs, I’d probably choose:

• Yarrow
  • Lavender
  • Calendula
  • Hibiscus
  • Mugwort
  • Rose (petals)
  • Elder (berries/flowers)
  • Citronella
  • Mint
  • Dandelion

That being said, favorite herbs will vary from one witch to another depending on what they like to use/cast with- I’d recommend looking back at your most recent spells and reviewing what herbs you’ve been using most often :+1:

Good luck with consolidating and downsizing- hope it all goes well for you, Amaris!

Blessed be :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

Oh, haha. I completely misunderstood. I didn’t even think about pumpkin pie spice! Thanks for the idea.

8 Likes

So definitely lavender and calendula! I also will be keeping my EO collection as I’ve been working to build it up.

I have mint, rosemary, kitchen sage, and sweet basil plants that I am for sure keeping. I have a knock-out red rose bush but I think the summer heat might have killed it. It shed its leaves early this year so I don’t know if it will come back in the spring or not. I have also tried to grow lavender a couple of times but keep overwatering it, lol. I may try again in the spring.

Thanks, everyone for your input.

10 Likes

@Amaris_Bane my top 10 would be

Mugwort
Helichrysum
Lavender
Mullien
Elderberries
Calendula
Arnica
Rose hips
Mandrake
Angelica root

11 Likes

I don’t know if I could come up with ten but my go-to collection would include at least lavender, calendula, and juniper.

7 Likes

Very thought full of you…I am so new to the herbal & crystal arena that anything you have or have leftover I would be grateful to have and start my collection. I must admit I copied what the Mistress_of_Herbs would use:

• Mugwort
  • Helichrysum
  • Lavender
  • Mullien
  • Elderberries
  • Calendula
  • Arnica
  • Rose hips
  • Mandrake
  • Angelica root

Letting her know that I am using her list as I don’t even know where to begin.

Blessed Be to you Amaris_Bane
Medea

9 Likes

Goodmorning. I hope you do not mind I copied your list for Amaris_Bane of the herbs you use. I wasn’t sure what the top 10 of important herbs are…and you being the Mistress of Herbs sounded like a great place to start.

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Medea

8 Likes

@Medea awwwww hon, no i dont mind. Im flattered tho. Thank u.

8 Likes

@Amaris_Bane shoot Jess ill take whatever u have left over and give them a good home. Lol

8 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs, @Medea , and whoever else is interested, I would love to give the ones I’m not going to keep a new home! Let me make a list of what I have, decide what I’m keeping, and I’ll post an update here. I’ll try to determine how much I have of each as well so if multiple people want one, I can maybe split it.

9 Likes

@Amaris_Bane yaaaaaaayyy herbs are my friends lol

8 Likes

I just need this 4:

Rosemary
Bay
Sage
Lavender

9 Likes

@LexiHex im with u on those 4. I wouldve listed tho had @Amaris_Bane said she has the “kitchen” herbs covered. I mean rosemary is my crack

9 Likes

I love reading this from everyone. :herb: Good to see what y’all have.

I try to bring a little magic into the mundane by adding cinnamon into my life daily. Usually through coffee.

I also have gotten into Elderberries as of late.

8 Likes