What to do with Hair after a cut

Hi, I cut my hair for the first time in almost four years yesterday. Normally Im the type to burn things that I feel ready to let go of but I have a feeling when it comes to hair its not the best idea. Im not sure why. What are your opinions on this?

5 Likes

Hooray for a fresh new hairdo, @sarah_poe- I bet it feels (and looks) great to have a new cut! :haircut_woman: :sparkles:

You can burn hair, but it’s terribly smelly and not pleasant at all (right up there with burning seaweed imo- stinky! :laughing:)

My first thought is always donating hair- do you think you have enough to send to a charity? If I remember right different charities/groups have different lengths they require. If you have enough, you could donate it to a good cause :handshake:

If it’s not very much (or you don’t feel comfortable giving it away, which I can also understand) then you could leave it outside for the birds to take and make nests out of :nest_with_eggs: or release into nature :national_park:

Additionally, you could potentially keep some to use as a personal taglock in spellwork :magic_wand:

I’m sure others will have some creative ideas and advice for hair disposal as well- I look forward to hearing what the coven has to offer! :blush:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

6 Likes

Thanks, its pretty good, I cut my hair myself for the first time. Im mostly excited about that.

I actually decided to stop cutting my hair out of solidarity and to show my respect for Indigenous Native Americans.

Alright thats good to know, I always wonder about how “good” it is to burn things that your own body created and if it would harm yourself somehow.

My first thought is always donating hair- do you think you have enough to send to a charity? If I remember right different charities/groups have different lengths they require. If you have enough, you could donate it to a good cause :handshake:

I dont believe in giving any of my body parts to anyone else but myself and it wouldn’t have been long enough anyways :slight_smile:

I think Ill have a look into the tag locks thing, thats pretty much what I was looking for but didn’t have a name for it.

Thanks for your answer, always appreciated.
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Congrats on your first self-cut! It sounds like it went much better than my first self-cut (I was a kid with scissors and a vision that my chubby little hands couldn’t keep up with. The results were disastrous and I had nightmare bangs for weeks :laughing: :scissors:) haha

Awesome! I’m happy if I could help you towards what you were seeking :blush: Wishing you all the best with your taglock studies and I hope you can find some good ways to put your hair clippings to use.

Good luck and blessed be, Sarah! :sparkles:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.