What to do with left over Sage sticks?

So I am sitting here at work (okay work from home, so at home and at work too, lol), kinda watcing my sage stick burn away and had this thought.

What do you do with the little bit of sage? I use it until it is so short that I can’t use it without burning myself. Sounds silly but I hope that makes sense. But then i have about 1 to 2 inches of sage stick that I can use but can’t cuz it’s going to hurt to light it.

What do I do with them? Kinda don’t want to throw them out

13 Likes

I use them in incense (you could crush it up & burn it on a charcoal disc) or I sprinkle it in my fire pit when we are out there on the coals on the bottom.

Others may have some other ideas for you too! :hugs:

12 Likes

Hi @Dierna_Nimue_Selene,

When your leftover spell ingredients are all-natural, you have quite a few options for what you can do with them! :herb::grinning:

I second Siofra’s suggestion of offering them/disposing of them in the fire- you can offer them to your deity, to the flames, etc or simply return them to the Universe by flame :fire:

Since sage is an herb and is compostable, you could return them directly to the earth. You might bury them in the yard or leave them at a small altar while on a walk in the woods :national_park:

Sage is a very powerful magickal ingredient- you could potentially keep the bits of your sage stick to use in spellwork. You could add it to a money bowl, crush it up and make an anointing oil for candles, or add it to a jar spell, for example :bowl_with_spoon: :candle:

The only thing I wouldn’t use it for is cooking- sage is a lovely kitchen spice, but I don’t believe sage for cleansing is treated in food-safe ways. Better to only consume herbs and spices specifically made to be safe for eating :no_good_woman: :plate_with_cutlery:

Whatever you choose to do, I hope you find a way to reuse/dispose of your sage that works for you, @Dierna_Nimue_Selene!

Good luck and blessed be :herb::sparkles:

6 Likes

I know you’ve already gotten two answers, but I just wanted to pop in and second (and third!) the responses you’ve already gotten :blush:

Since you’re using the sage sticks to cleanse, you could keep the leftover bits and burn them as @Susurrus suggested. Add them to charcoal discs and keep using it to cleanse until it’s all gone!

6 Likes

I save mine and any little bits that fall off. I use them in candles, spell bags, etc. I love the smell of white sage.
I was thinking I might carve something with my palo santo sticks stubs or chop them up for candles and such too.

:butterfly:

6 Likes

Yesssssss @Susurrus thats what i do

6 Likes

Twinsies! :dizzy:

6 Likes

@Susurrus yeppers

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.