What will happen if i don't release energy?

I love :heart: my therapist & my psychiatrist & how they work so well in tandem with each other.

When I have pent up energy & I’m holding onto it, my psychiatrist & I have practices to move the energy & let it go also.

For me its more getting it to move away from just circulating & being able to let it go more through my hands. I tend to receive & release energy a lot through them. Then it goes through my body & fills it almost. Sometimes it gets stuck in a general area.

Sometimes writing a letter :scroll: that never gets sent but rather released through a fire :fire: releasing ritual I do, or journaling :open_book: can help, if not all of it then some it… because I’m using my hands to write them.

I tend to sometimes hold onto it & need to release it, she understands how the energy feels to me & moves & circulates. How it affects me when I can’t seem to release it on my own. Then getting it to where I almost… throw it away.

My therapist is really good about techniques to use meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: or movements to do the same thing. Then relaxation or other methods to kind of regenerate new positive energy within me afterward or heal & recharge properly.

I wouldn’t change my therapist or psychiatrist for anything. I actually left the original practice when my psychiatrist did & went with her to her personal practice. She is so in tune with my beliefs on energy & feeling it, storing it, releasing it & the best way to do it. She has been great for helping me & kind of guide me to be able to release it… almost like a guided meditation type of experience.

8 Likes

This is so nice! :blush: Great way complimenting to being a witch. Love seeing when other non-witch folk at least acknowledge what we experience even if they don’t embrace it. Where can i find such a great therapist? :blush:

8 Likes

After telling my therapist i was into Wicca she ended up looking at me like i was from another world and eventually told me she doesn’t think i need anymore sessions but i clearly did as i only had just aa handful with her. Oh well her loss :blush: (mine too) :slightly_frowning_face:

8 Likes

I feel the same way and think that if i learn sufficiently how to release energy my spells would be more effective :blush:

I tried this once and really felt it but playing ball sounds so much more fun. I would be playing by myself however lol :laughing:

This is true but my husband is very rushed so he will yell out prayer time and everyone is rushing to perform Wuhdzu (a type of cleansing required before praying), and then he is very fast sometimes in places i feel need to be slowed down and then slow in others that i feel need to be speeded up as it way too long. It is said the prayer is more rewarding when praying in a group of four or more so we pray together and the only time i pray at my own pace is when the kids are at school…

Awww thank you you are too kind :heart:

7 Likes

So did I! :blush:

Feels like many people like my therapist do some very witchy things, but they just don’t call it that. When I told my therapist I’m a witch she was very curious what I mean by it, and what it means to me. At some point after a few sessions it clicked to her and she was like “now I get it, it’s not really a religion, it’s a system of meanings, and you’re like a scholar of the universe!” :grin: We’ve done energy work together, danced, she’s led me through guided meditations, we’ve talked about the cycles of life, the importance of ceremony, how beautiful the moon is, we’ve walked in the forest and made fire together… I think she would be an excellent witch if she wanted to take that label. :sparkling_heart:

Oh dear… :slightly_frowning_face: I really feel like giving you warm hug now. Her loss definitely, I don’t know if it was yours, with that kind of a judgmental mindset I don’t think she would’ve been a good therapist for you… at least she would only have been able to take you so far. There are better ones out there and you’ll find one :blush:

7 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch If you struggle finding some peaceful alone time to meditate, do it in your daily bath or shower :grinning:

My ex wouldn’t give me space to meditate and even when he did he would send my daughter up to ask questions or disturb me after a couple of minutes. I discovered meditating when bathing was the perfect solution - it gives you some peaceful privacy and the ability to lock the door and be left for a few moments with no questions :rofl: It’s also super relaxing and you can combine it into rituals easily.

The other option I had was to get up extra early and go and meditate in the garden during spring and summer before the rest of the house were up.

8 Likes

Great ideas!

5 Likes

Another goal in meditation, which I acknowledge is hard, is to meditate in daily life.

For example, when washing the dishes, focus on each sense while washing the one dish. Over time you can add in more dishes. This can be done with anything you do, even brushing your teeth which should take a couple of minutes. The goal being centered during the chaos that abounds around you. But even snippets of focus can help you build getting into that meditative mindset when you sit for a longer meditation.

Or, when cleaning focus on your breath, even momentarily. In my kundalini yoga practice the yogini taught me -inhale up, exhale down, inhale left, exhale right. You probably don’t have to worry too much about that though. Just as long as you breathe with each motion e.g. exhale as the mop goes out and inhale as you bring the mop back. Then your cleaning becomes like a vinyasa. Which can be very meditative and those around you are not even aware you are doing it.

Currently I am adding in exercise while cleaning- a lunge here and squat there and engaging the abs- helps when I haven’t been exercising a lot. :wink:

7 Likes

This sounds very strange lol it sounds like the author was using the words “magick” and “energy” interchangeably when they aren’t really the same. I’d be curious to know which book this was!

Oh my gods, that’s awful! No professional should treat their patients this way. This is extremely unprofessional and just sounds like she wanted a way out and wasn’t comfortable with you having a different faith than her. This is not how she should have handled this at all :rage: I think you should try again with therapy! Sometimes it takes a while to get the right therapist.

7 Likes

Oh i know this feeling even with the toilet locked they get a butter knife and open it only to ask me questions which are not even that urgent so i ask “do you need to pull up a chair and get some popcorn as well” lol. As a mum i take my showers early or late to get some peace but usually morning while hubby sleeps. Thanks for the suggestion i can meditate in the shower as well. I even did it in bed last night too when everyone was asleep. I was just talking in my head like a recorded meditation but it worked :blush:

7 Likes

@TheMuslimWitch my daughter used to do this too! :sweat_smile: Why are they so resourceful when they want to be? I used to bribe her with candy to leave me in peace :slightly_smiling_face: Glad you got some time to meditate!

7 Likes

Nice lol, i tend to hide mine as they go through their large supply only to attack my tiny one that i have hidden :blush:

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.