What's your favorite foods?

What are your favorite foods or meals?

I love food so it’s hard to just pick a few.

1. Lobster with TONS of browned butter and pretty much any seafood.

2. Delmonico steak

3. Chocolate. I almost always have chocolate here. I love when the local churches make peanut butter eggs this time of year. They are so freaking good!

I’m eating some lasagna my neighbor made and it’s pretty freaking good!

15 Likes

Two things:
Bangers n mash
Cheesecake
:yum:
:green_heart:

15 Likes

I love love love Indian & Middle Eastern cuisine. The blend of spices are amazing. I had a Saudi classmate that would make chicken kabsa for me and it was heaven on a plate.

My husband’s family is from Mexico (Chihuahua) so Mexican is a staple here, so I can’t say it’s a favorite because it’s a weekly deal. But… if I had to choose? Quesabirria tacos would be #1 followed by Tacos al pastor (pork w/grilled pineapple) & caldo de res (been stew).

15 Likes

I enjoy broccoli chicken noodle bake. I’m allergic to broccoli, but I eat it anyways.

Chocolate no longer affects me the way it used to. No emotional softening. I still eat it.

A special treat is sauteed shrimp- lots of butter- over crispy toast. It makes me thirsty.

I used to enjoy having a weed feast every now and then. Just go outdoors and taste the edible weeds in the area. Can’t do that much in New Mexico because there are so few green areas and dog owners don’t clean up.

14 Likes

Any polish food
Italian food I cook that

Steak burgers hot dogs you name it

Fruits and salads as well

My favorite is pepperoni pizza

13 Likes

I love food! My very favorite is pizza. I love pad thai, I love Argentinian dumplings, I love a good gumbo, and chicken n dumplings… So many good things!

14 Likes

Ooh… I forgot Polish food! Yum!

14 Likes

I just love food! Maybe my favorite is my sweet and sour chicken.

13 Likes

Fish, seafood, veggies ,fruit, any dessert really :rofl:

Grilled food

Chinese,

Fruit dip

13 Likes

My favorite food is: Cereal
My second favorite is: Cereal
and
My third favorite is: :drum: roll: Cereal!

I eat cereal for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I am on a Krave kick right now. Before that was Lucky Charms.

12 Likes
  • My own breakfast creation of fried bacon, eggs, and broccolini, with the Lao Gan Ma chilli oil mix, over rice

(In this one, I tried replacing the bacon with chorizo, though.)

• Braised beef noodle soup

(I haven’t cooked it in a while – here’s the last time I did.)

• Gyuudon
  • Any of my stir fries over rice, especially when Sichuan peppercorns are involved
  • Really thick tonkotsu ramen or curry cheese ramen
  • Laksa

I’m a simple creature; I like simple, savoury things. :smile:

13 Likes

Ohhh good question!

It’s probably a tie between Hungarian goulash and salmon sushi right now, but ask me in an hour and it might be something different :joy: So many tasty dishes out there! :plate_with_cutlery: :yum:

Reading everyone’s favorite foods is making me hungry! :heart: :blush:

12 Likes

If I could go out to eat and had something to celebrate, I’d visit friends I’ve known since 2008. They own a restaurant called China Inn halfway across the city from here. Every birthday, I go there to get shrimp in lobster sauce over fried rice with an egg roll.

I remember the first time I went there. I’d bought myself a big unicorn mylar balloon. The owner lady seemed to be afraid of it- or me. I had to remind myself she was from the old country, where seeing such a creature meant something big was coming.

Mom started me on this habit when I was very young. We’d go to celebrate good grades on my report card, a successful choir concert, birthdays, any personal celebration. We always had the same wonderful meal, whether we ate at Chen’s or Mandarin’s. Some places cook it differently, though, so I prefer to find the best in town and give them my business… And try to invite friends to share the celebrating.

12 Likes

favorite foods!
that has rice :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
legumes
and
salads!
Of course, chocolates too! :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

That’s funny! :laughing:

All your food sounds delicious! :yum: Do you have a recipe for this?

That’s lovely :two_hearts::heart: It’s weird how food can be attached to a memory :blush:

I am starving after hearing about everyone’s favorite foods! It would be so cool to have a big buffet of all our foods! :yum::yum:

12 Likes

Pizza and anything chocolate! If I had a chocolate allergy, I don’t know what I’d do!

I’ve got a Cadbury Milk Chocolate bar on it’s way to me in the morning. Yum!

12 Likes

I think this is the one I learnt from:

I don’t follow it exactly (let’s be honest, when do I follow anything exactly), but it’s a good starting guide. :black_heart:

13 Likes

Oh wait, the one I shared a photo of was braised tomato beef noodle soup. That was from here:

https://www.choochoocachew.com/taiwanese-braised-tomato-beef-noodle-soup-番茄紅燒牛肉麵/

I’m so lost. :laughing:

12 Likes

@starborn they bith sound delicious :yum:

I never follow a recipe exactly. Many things I don’t have a recipe for and when people ask I usually say, a handful of this, pinch of this, you could put this in it too or maybe some of that! :rofl::joy:

14 Likes

Same. :laughing: My excuse is that I want to make everything better all the time and how can I do so if I keep doing it the same? :crazy_face: Bwahahaha!

13 Likes