What's your Favorite Movie? (Witchy or Not)

I had NO IDEA Stardust was by the same writer as Coraline, and Good Omens too!?! Ahhhhhh it totally makes sense! Wow, he’s such a talented writer :open_book::clap: :star_struck:

This is such an amazing cosplay!!! :heart_eyes: Props to your daughter, she makes a wonderful Coraline! :clap::grin: Ahhh I used to cosplay a lot, but I haven’t in forever. Tough to travel with costumes, unfortunately :sweat_smile: Seeing these pictures made me smile- thanks for sharing! :blush:

Happy watching and I hope you enjoy it- let us know what you think of the movie! :movie_camera::popcorn: :grin:

4 Likes

Oh My Goddes, your daughter is STUNNING!!! I love Coraline and I ADORE her cosplay!!!

5 Likes

I found it, now to find time to watch it. I’m gonna try it this weekend. I look forward to it! :star2:

5 Likes

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face: I will tell her, she loves doing cosplay.

5 Likes

Oh Good! Definitely let us know what you think. Happy Watching. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m thinking of watching it Saturday. Not much else on, it’s one of the few days without Law and Order on after all. :rofl:

7 Likes

Love Law & Order! Lol.

6 Likes

Its one of my comfort TV shows. I hear that doink-doink and I just relax. Hee!

6 Likes

Lol…doink doink! Relaxed… :joy:

5 Likes

Well you hit a quite a few of my favorites. Goonies make me think of my kids. They loved watching Goonies when they were little and then my Dad, my Daughter and I all went to see the Goonie house when we were in Oregon. So double dipping great memories.
Ladyhawke was another one my Daughter and I would watch together. In those awkward teenage years where she hated everything about her mother it was a common denominator.
I love Practical Magic- it was filmed on Whidbey Island in Washington State and I have been there with my kids. There is a great Ice Cream shop at the end of the pier - or at least there was last time I was there.
Dad love Harry Potter and I think I have spent well over a month of my life either reading the books or watching the movies.
LATELY I have been hooked on ‘The Dragon Prince’ - it is just an animated TV show but the story keeps me coming back for more.

6 Likes

Rocky Horror Picture Show. Back in the day I dressed up as Doctor Frank and did the shows, then switched to Magenta when a better Frank came along.
They shut down the shows here in Toledo and Bowling Green.
That was so much fun.

5 Likes

Um, I keep a spreadsheet. :nerd_face: :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy: Sorry about the list of 139 movies. (I don’t actually expect anyone to read this. LOL)

10 Things I Hate About You, 2001: A Space Odyssey, 2010: The Year We Made Contact, 28 Days Later, 50 First Dates, A Knight’s Tale, A Silent Voice, All Is Lost, Anna and the Apocalypse, Annihilation, Arrival, Arsenic and Old Lace, Back to the Future Trilogy, Benny and Joon, Big Fish, Blackkklansman, Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049, Bohemian Rhapsody, Cabin in the Woods, Chicago, Clue, Coco, Contact, Dirty Dancing, Down With Love, Dunkirk, Edge of Tomorrow/Live Die Repeat, Elf, Enchanted, Ex Machina, Fifth Element, Finding Nemo, Frank Herbert’s Dune (2000), Freaks, French Kiss, Serious Moonlight, Galaxy Quest, Girl on the Third Floor, Good Will Hunting, Gravity, Grease, Harriet, Harvey, Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Hook, How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, Inception, Interstellar, Isle of Dogs, It’s A Wonderful Life, Jersey Girl (Liv Tyler version), Joker, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Just Mercy, Kill Bill 1+2, Knives Out, Kubo and the Two Strings, Les Misérables, Love Actually, Mad Max: Fury Road, Matilda, Matrix, Man in the Moon, Meet Joe Black, Memoirs of a Geisha, Moana, Monsters, Inc, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Moon, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, Notting Hill, Office Space, Fair Game, Official Secrets, The Report, Phantom of the Opera, Planet of the Apes Trilogy, Pleasantville, Portrait of a Lady on Fire, Practical Magic, Pride and Prejudice, Primer, Princess Bride, Resolution/The Endless, Run Lola Run, Schindler’s List, Something’s Gotta Give, Spring, Stranded (2001 Space Movie), Tangled, Tenet, The Breadwinner, The Conjuring 1 & 2, The Craft, The Dark Knight Trilogy, The Descent, The Godfather 1-2, The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone, The Greatest Showman, The Hate You Give, The Holiday, The Little Mermaid, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, The Martian, The Notebook, The Phantom of the Opera at the Royal Albert Hall, The Prestige, The Raid, The Shape of Water, The Shawshank Redemption, The Thomas Crown Affair (1999), The Usual Suspects, The Wedding Singer, The Witch, They Shall Not Grow Old, Titanic, Truman Show, Up, Your Name, You’ve Got Mail, Wall-E, Weathering With You, What About Bob, What Dreams May Come, Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Zootopia

6 Likes

Yes!These are awesome!!

4 Likes

One of my favorite witchy movies is Bell, Book and Candle from 1958, with Kim Novak. It’s a great movie, i came across it, maybe 7 years ago on cable and I absolutely loved it! I love that era. 1958- 68, especially movies shot in NYC.

5 Likes

They are all such great movies! My niece’s and nephew grew up with Harry Potter, we loved them all. I can’t tell you how many times we watched them together! Till this day if comes on TV, i will watch them. ( They loved that period in their lives, we always talk about H.P.)

4 Likes

@walter I thought about this movie just last week! It is a great story and Kim is fun as a witch! NY is the perfect setting! Thanks for the reminder!

4 Likes

It’s really great! Has a great story!

4 Likes

@praecog29 that is a great list!!! I love Benny and June! I may have to print this out! I remember scenes but forget titles… drives me nuts. This may help. It is a great idea to help remember what I’ve watched! Thanks for posting.

5 Likes

Three cheers for The Dragon Prince! :dragon_face::grin: I haven’t finished it yet, but I’m loving it so far- it’s such a cute show :heart:

That’s so cool that you have connections with so many movies Berta- and you went to see the Goonie’s house! :star_struck:

This is such a great idea :clap: You can always go back and see the names and can leave notes next to each title to store your thoughts. Perfect for re-watching or recommendations- this is brilliant, @praecog29 :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

This old discussion has been closed, but feel free to join in the conversation and share your favorites in the more recent discussion: What witchy shows do you like?