What's your guys opinion on Black/Dark Magick?

Annesha,
There are many aspects to black magick
Black magic has traditionally referred to the use of supernatural powers or magic for evil and selfish purposes. (Black magic - Wikipedia) With respect to the left-hand path and right-hand path dichotomy, black magic is the malicious, left-hand counterpart of the benevolent white magic. In modern times, some find that the definition of black magic has been convoluted by people who define magic or ritualistic practices that they have read. Articles about blood sacrifice which I assume would be negative on the sacrifice and Karma of the practitioner.
Spells I have read that are not done for a negative purpose? love spells for one, but the 3 fold law is really stretched with this one.
Black magic spells to, say, make an old barn fall down so people don’t get hurt should it collapse is not necessarily a bad thing, but as with anything, it has its drawbacks. Someone could step on a nail, etc.
I personally don’t like dark magic, it frightens me.
But I won’t totally judge it either. Still, it shall never be in my practice.
Blessed be, Garnet

8 Likes

anneshakargupta,
I enjoyed reading the article on how one can curse their self through self doubt and lead’s to having the lower vibrations.
I am working on having higher vibrations!
Jeannie

8 Likes

I’ve been searching for information on voodoo and hoodoo with black magic for quite some time now. This is why im here.
I’ve learned so much, but never fully directed my research on black magic, or the dark magic.
Now that I’ve learned, healing, intuition, how powerful I am and amongst other random things, I’ve come to look into dark magic.
I have realized that just as lot have said in this forum, black/dark magic is something even though alot of us know the rede, its here for a reason, we are the protectors of this realm, and how are you going to fight a sword with your fists? You cant, the sword will cut you. So just as many of you have at least one knife in your home and know that it’s there for cutting meat, or cutting someone who comes to harm you physically, black magic is used for protection.
This is my opinion, I advise all of my little witches I teach to learn some sort of black magic for protection.
As above, so below❤

10 Likes

To fight as a protector, the idea of fighting a ‘sword with a knife or fists’ Is a statement that is literally a losing battle, but there are other ways to win without violence. Protection, preparedness and diligence are more productive and less a threat to you or others.
Cast your spells, use your intuition. I’m not saying not to use Dark Magick but to do so with caution.
And you harm none, do as you will.
Blessings and love.

8 Likes

TYSM! And Ikr. It’s for protection and there’s a totally useful purpose for dark/black magick other than “revenge” and “EvIlNeSs” :laughing:

And I also agree that a lot more witches should practice it just to learn about it just in case. Because would you rather defend yourself from afar while the person isn’t in your home trying to harm you, or risk them entering your home, personal lives, and etc and it being too late to stop them.

I know a lot of witches are either scared of black magick, or just wanna be a “goody two shoes” in their practice. But it really is good to practice just in case.

But if you don’t want to, you don’t have to of course.

I also don’t follow the rede. Because I feel like sometimes you have to help enforce others karma for whatever they’ve done to you. Which can be done with a return to sender spell. Which really isn’t black magick in my opinion since you’re giving what they’ve done to you, to them. Rightfully so.

I’ve taken so much mistreatment from people. And now if it happens again. I can just defend myself. Something I should have done years ago, but years ago I was a little innocent child. Not even 10 yet, nor 9.

Abused, bullied, and tormented YEARS into my middle school days.

So that’s partially why I like the idea of black magick being used against wicked and evil people.
Consider it THEIR karma.

So many abusers get away with this stuff, so I wouldn’t want it to happen again without any punishment.

9 Likes

I’ve been following this conversation and it’s been interesting learning the various beliefs of my fellow coven members. I personally do not believe magic is either good or bad. (Who came up with white or black? Really?)

I don’t believe we can control it. I believe we tap into the natural flow and what we believe to be control is actually us being controlled. In my opinion it is the height of human arrogance to believe we control the forces of the universe.

Think of tarot and other forms of divination. Are you doing anything that controls magic or are you tapping into something already there? I practice candle magic. I create spells and look to deities, too. But at the end of the day these are all rituals for us and not for the magic, not for the universe.

A friend recently asked me to be kind to a loved one. I said I never cast negative spells. I asked for cosmic justice, as I believe karma is from one life to the next. Cosmic justice took place that evening and it had nothing to do with me and it had nothing to do with good or bad. It was balance.

I help lead the energy exchange, but the category for energy exchange was here before I started to organize it and it will probably be here long after I am gone. I have seen miracles with it and I believe it is something “good” in the sense that we see things we consider to be good coming from it. But I know what we are doing is ritual. We are tapping into what magic will already do and we are being controlled not the other way around. So, in effect, the energy exchange isn’t just for the ones we send light to, it’s also for the people that send the light.

All of this is my personal belief and opinion so I hope no one takes this as an attack on them. But I believe giving in to the temptation to research dark magic is paramount to giving into the idea that we somehow can bend the universe to our will.

The universe doesn’t care about us. It’s possible we are reborn thousands of times on this rock flying through space. Eventually we will find ourselves in another physical place, another type of existence, or we will all be gone when our star enters its red giant phase. Good and bad are concepts that change with each generation. We may all believe that life is good and death and pain is bad but at the end of the day life is a quirk of the system and entropy means nothing, including our concepts, will exist in the physical plane.

8 Likes

You should look up on YouTube, Behati Life. Jess is an amazing person who has a shop. But I have to say that she is the closest anyone has gotten in card readings with astrology. She does practice voodoo. She’s from New Orleans but recently moved. Here’s her channel. She has a playlist for spells, etc.

This channel called Voodoo Spells is great, too!!!

I actually think you may enjoy her content more.

12 Likes

I’m already subscribed to the second one. Thank you :heart:

7 Likes

@praecog29 i. Fucking. LOVE you, dude!
(So sorry - can I curse on here?)

8 Likes

I don’t think that those who do not wish to partake in “black magic” are only either “afraid”, or “want to be goody two shoes in their practice.” We all follow our own creed, our own calling, intuition and instinct. Some seek peace, harmony, goodness, and understanding of the universe and their place in it. They do not wish to do harm or invoke anything negative on anyone. They just want to, cliche as it may sound, make themselves and the world a better place.
I don’t want any part of black magic. Maybe it’s my upbringing, but I don’t wish to engage in anything harmful. I’d rather just try to protect and better myself.
Now. If my daughter was harmed at the hands of another and they got away with it, would I feel differently? Perhaps. Honestly, probably.
But the fact that I don’t wish to perform curses now doesn’t mean I’m afraid or that I just want to be “good” in my practice. This just isn’t my calling, it isn’t what feels right or good to me.

15 Likes

Sarah29,
I appreciate this conversation, I want to learn too to protect myself. I was taught to shut my mouth and be quiet when shit happened! Know I am older I know when someone has crossed me or broken a boundary.

I listen to a self-meditation about harm no one don’t take any shit! I just need to practice more with magic that’s all there is to it!

Seriously I was raised forgiveness is most important thing in a catholic home! Then people just walk all over me! I hope I learn the tools here to protect myself from harm. I am trying to reprogram my brain.
Blessed be!
Jeannie

8 Likes

You’re so damn funny!!! :joy: Can I curse on here lol I’m sorry bc I dont know either I do sometimes. But I think it’s just respectful not to

6 Likes

You’re so very welcome. Are you still looking for more then??

7 Likes

It’s part of the Wiccan Reade that says ‘and harm ye none’. It’s not that were goody two shoes. It’s respect and consideration towards others. Why would anyone in their right mind want to hurt someone else? Sorry, just my opinion.

8 Likes

I, like praecog29, believe that magick is neither good nor bad. It’s energy, it just is. It’s neutral. I’ve heard that “white/black magick” has its roots in racism, as well, so I try to steer clear of using the terms (I don’t think that anyone here is using the terms in this way, just something I’ve heard that maybe should be considered).

That being said, of course there are people that use magick in a negative way. I, personally, don’t have a need for baneful magick in my life. I also believe that it’s something that a solid witch should know about and learn, even if they never practice it. In the same way that I know what to do if there’s ever a fire in my house, but hopefully I never need to use that information. Yes, it’s a bit different of a scenario, but I think you know what I’m getting at.

Also, I try and make it a habit not to judge others. In many different forms of cultural magick, this is the way that they practice. Is the threefold law real? Who knows, but I don’t want to find out the hard way. More than that, I don’t think I could live with myself if I knew that I caused harm to someone.

I think that there are a lot of avenues for Wiccans to protect themselves and even use Return to Sender spells (etc) in a way that aligns with their beliefs. I’m not personally Wiccan, though I have been in the past, and my practice has heavy Wiccan influences.

Great question! I love a good debate topic!

10 Likes

This has all been an interesting discussion to read and I want to thank everyone for their input and civility :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I just want to remind everyone that, while the general Spells8 site is Wiccan and follows the Wiccan Rede, the forum is open to all practitioners of all religious affiliations and practices. Not everyone on the forum will follow the Wiccan Rede or another similar code of ethics. Please keep that in mind with your responses.

11 Likes

No thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

@pedros10 I agree with you completely! Words are very powerful! Your mood can dictate what your words can cast. Like i stated before. I never work on spells when im in a bad mood or angry. I dont want that energy to manifest itself in the ritual or spell.

8 Likes

I agree that mood is a very important factor in any work of Magic. However if you can skillfully channel your emotions (e.g. anger) towards your intent (e.g. banishing something) you can get powerful results as well.

I think the “focus” part in “focused intention” is key. Don’t let your emotions interfere with your focus; but also don’t be afraid of casting a spell just because you may be in the wrong mood, because then you might be limiting yourself.

11 Likes

@Francisco ,thank you for advice! Always worried/afraid to cast a spell if im feeling angry or moody… Great to know!

Blessed be.

7 Likes