What's your guys opinion on Black/Dark Magick?

Jada
& coven members
Thank you for this post ,I so appreciate the ideas that will help me discover where exactly we’re my ethics are. To each person their own and this is why I love witchcraft is because everybody is individual and there is no judgment.I like the idea of letting my anger out sometime because there is so much that I have pushed under the carpet. I do do more healing spells than anything and sometimes dark magic does deserve a little attention. I-Don’t like to cause any harm to people. Depending if someone deserves it!
I do feel like karma does come around the corner so just trying to figure out when and when not when is it my mysterious line that if someone crossed me I would retaliate. I do believe that there is no black magic and white magic I feel like magic is neutral I feel like we as people do magic on a regular basis they just don’t know that they’re doing magic.
If I need a justice spell I will not blink twice. If I need to do a freezer spell I will and have. as far as hexes go I haven’t done a hex but if I had to I would. As far as doing jinxes I wouldn’t mind doing that just to trip them up.

I also feel like talking about this subject makes me a lot more closer to my coven.
Anne thank you for the video.
Jada thanks :blush:
Blessed be!

14 Likes

Thank you! My views are just like yours. :smiley:

10 Likes

This is an excellent topic, I dont see black or white I view it all as Gray, I say this because there is a duality to EVERYTHING, ultimately what Im getting at is, white magic is not all inherently white nor is black magic entirely black, I do however believe in using your judgement in all you do, I see using magic as a means to nudge things in your favor be it baneful or not

10 Likes

If I’m going to define the type of system I’m into, it is Technomancy. Similar to Chaos Magick.
Why?
Because I incorporate into my system, different type of traditions using technology. In my practice, there’s no light or dark, just working with energy that is all around us and in us.
Now some practice is good to study about it first, for example, one system I used to work with is Demonolatry. In which it requires working with different types of energies, when it comes to connect with this ancient beings to seek some type of wisdom; sometimes not found on a book, you end up kicked by the butt really hard. Some of them are demanding or even dangerous, if the spellcaster doesn’t know what he/she/them are doing.
What this has to do with the subject at hand?
Well that studying and practice can help to understand to effectively work with what it’s called black magick, or left hand path.
There’s nothing wrong on learning on hexing and the likes, just always have in your mind this questions.
Does this person need to be hex?
Why?
In some case is good to know both sides of the coin.
Sometimes people asks to us to make some kind of a dark work, and when you realize of the situation, it can be fixed with the most and powerful spell of all, a good nice dialog between them. The drink is optional, but wine is good. :wink:

11 Likes

My personal view on dark magic is similar to good and evil. It’s all opinion based and no one person can know the truth for another. One example, in my view, is the blood sacrifice of an animal, let’s say by a cat for example. Many would believe this act to be purely senseless death, however that animal in reality has been sacrificed in a way that will feed so many thousands of bacteria, which will eventually make its way up the food chain. That cat has hit the reset button on that energy, it hasn’t disappeared, and it’s not being evil, it’s just being. We all have our own interpretations of dark and light, but if we’re really honest with ourselves, we are able to see the nuance.

9 Likes

In Yoruba religion, the religion of palo; palo mayombe as it’s well known here where I am to be specific, is common, not the sacrifice of a cat, but of a chicken and other species. Because the blood has power connotation for certain Deities, specially it means life.
In my case I never harmed a animal in Demonolatry but gave drops of my own blood in a ceremony. Only poking my finger with a lancet and giving a few drop of my blood or add it to a candle. Not the same way of a palero, but with the same results. Is honoring a specific Deity, not that it has to be done all the time. In palo mayombe or paleros is a different take. I never participated but have people I know that practice this type of belief system.

11 Likes

I feel the exact same way!!

10 Likes

My book came!

8 Likes

Personally i would not use dark magick to harm or for getting what i want. I do believe in the rule of three. I believe, i can use protection magick and binding when i need too. I just recently did a spell for my parents to help with a situation they are facing. I believe i used a sweetening spell so the person creating the problem back down. And it worked amazingly.
I dont want to work with negative energies which sometimes comes with the dark Magick. But to each their own. I respect everyone’s practice just like i want mine respected. I don’t like to practice a spell or ritual when im feeling angry, negative or just plain ole pissed off lol. Because i dont want that energy to manifest in the spell im trying to work.

Thank you for sharing. Great topic.
Blessed be.

11 Likes

Early books on witchcraft often divided magick into two categories, “white” and “black” magick. The implication was that light or white magick was good, and dark or black magick was bad. Not only is this a complete oversimplification of magick, but it also reflects an unrealistic view of nature, life, and the human psyche.

13 Likes

Of Blood and Bones looks like a really intriguing book about shadow work and (I’m assuming) darker aspects of magick :black_heart: :open_book: Have you had a chance to read it, @pedros10, and if so- would you recommend it? It looks like a very interesting read!

12 Likes

I haven’t read it entirely, but how it goes I would say yes, I do recommend it to those interested in the subject. I do advice that it has strong parts in which includes body fluids, animal bones and parts. Here a screenshot of the contents.

12 Likes

Hello @jada1

Thanks for sharing your question.

There are generally 3 types of dark arts which are as follows:

• Jinx: This create irritation or destruction of concentration. This sometimes use as witchy practical jokes.
  • Hex: A little darker than Jinx and can be broken by hex-breaker.
  • Curse: Darkest art. Some are unforgivable and some can be broken through cleansing. This can cause someone’s death when cast with that intention.

In short, Black magick is done with a harmful intention and without thinking about any particular intention of how harm you want to bring to the opponent. This is against the laws of universe. One who this, it comes back to him/her 3 times harder than he/she did to their opponent.

On the contrary, if you are cursed, then you can be able to identify and break the curse easily. Sometimes we curse ourselves without knowing that we are cursing ourselves in the following 3 ways:

• Unhealthy Foods/Substances/Lifestyle Choices which can be fixed by using spell to control the bad habit, drinking water.
  • Self-Doubt which can be fixed through different types of magick to build positive energy through self-care.
  • Low Vibrations including fear, sadness, depression, or sickness which can be fixed through self-care and self-love practices into your regular routine.

If you have any further question on this topic, please feel free to ask me.

Reference: https://xristiwitch.com/cursingyourself3ways/

12 Likes

Thanks @pedros10- that’s really helpful to see the index! There’s a lot in there, and it looks like it delves into a lot of aspects that I don’t personally practice in my craft. However, I’m sure it would be educational to hear what the author has to say and I’m always up for learning more New/Dark Moon and Shadow Work tips! :new_moon: :black_heart: Thanks for sharing- enjoy the book! :open_book: :blush:

8 Likes

Hello and thank you @Princess_Tara ,

Your post about Dark Arts is very informative, it’ll come in handy when performing a counter curse or hex on anyone I’d know who’d need intervention in the magickal aspect, the best way to learn and create an antidote or cure is to learn about how the curse or illness is done or came to be,

Blessed Be,
Margaret

10 Likes

Wow. That looks like an interesting book. Definitely getting into the Shadow side of things there. I may have to put it on my wish list. Thanks for the rec!

8 Likes

The book is definitely not for everyone, but for a informative way to learn the ins and out, it can be recommended.
Have to point out that people have the tendency to believe that a hex, curse and so, have to be a elaborated ritual using black or dark magick.
Words are powerful, the christian bible states that God created everything by his words; to give a example.
When a person gets mad to one another, and put bad words and intentions to that person, that itself is a curse. He/she/them doesn’t need to be a actual witch to curse a person. Like stated before, words depending of the intention, are powerful and can harm also bless.
People cursed themselves unknowingly around the world, all the time.
That’s when we as witches come into the picture, to put in balance the mess created.

10 Likes

I don’t want to do a hex or curse, haven’t needed one yet in almost fifty years so I doubt if I’ll need one now. Still it looks interesting, especially the shadow work parts.

But I agree with you, words are very powerful.

9 Likes

I believe…( this is solely my opinion) that hexes, curses, crossings, and jinxing are ok to do…IF you have exhausted any and all mundane efforts, and there is no other solution to a problem, it should always be a last resort

12 Likes

Personally, I believe the consequences of ones actions will have to be dealt with eventually; so, in that respect, if you are prepared to deal with possible negative consequences in your own life then go ahead. That’s not to say there will always be negative consequences to you though, you could be the responding force not the instigating one, so trust your instincts. :o:

I’ve only really done freezer spells and return to sender spells before. But when I was little I did wish for some justice for my real Dad. He was very physically violent and I wished he wouldn’t be able to hurt anyone anymore. He ended up losing his hand in a really violent accident, so yeah… it but whether that was me wishing or just plain old Karma :woman_shrugging: who knows?

12 Likes