When and what to do with a wand?

I have bought this wand. I think he is beautiful and he called me.
Until now I have used my athame in casting circles and doing rituals.
Can you tell me when and what you do with a wand. I would like to hear personal experiences, ideas and opinions

19 Likes

Beautiful wand! I use mine for casing a circle instead of my atheme. I also use it to call the quarters.

10 Likes

Pretty!! I made my own out of a piece of driftwood I found and stained it cherrywood. I do as @Amethyst states, using it instead of my athame to cast circles. I also use it to call the directions/elements/quarters. I will use it in some spells as well as I feel called to do so. If he called to you, he did so for a reason. Sit with it and see what he has to say to you - follow your instincts on what you should use it for.

12 Likes

Thanks, I will . I can try the difference and feel what feels right

7 Likes

He is beautiful :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I mostly use my wand for stirring potions, and drawing sigils in the air.

8 Likes

I often use my wand in conjunction with spells to extend the power I derive from the earth through me, then through my wand, and into the object I’m either creating (a spell jar as an example), or an object I’m consecrating (such as a piece of jewelry), or in candle magick to lend more energy to the candle spell.

Hope this helps!

13 Likes

I like that idea! :heart:

10 Likes

That s beautiful Satu thanks

9 Likes

Oh wow, Martje, that’s a beautiful wand! :heart_eyes: I agree with everyone else here. If he called to you, he did so for a reason.

I don’t personally use wands in my practice but I agree with everyone else here! Have you seen the course we have on Spells8 that includes wands? It might also give you some good ideas for how you can consecrate and use your new wand.

It’s in the Spellcasting Tools course!

However you decide to use your new wand, I hope you have a wonderful time learning more about him! :wand_tarot:

11 Likes

I use my wand to store energy into.
I then also use that same wand to cast out spells and intention using that stored energy.

10 Likes

Thank you all, You we’re really helpful. I have a better idea now how to be able to use it :heart:

8 Likes

Thank you!

8 Likes

I also use mine for drawing air sigils @CelestiaMoon.

Also, @martje, in the winter when it’s snowing and I cannot get direct contact with the earth with my bare feet to do grounding, I will carry it with me in the yard/garden/forest and bend down and hold it pointed down and let the tip hit the ground through the snow or leaves and let it help ground me in the place of bare feet. I only use wood wands for this, not crystal wands. :magic_wand:

11 Likes

That’s great! How do you store and use the energy @Temujin_Calidius? :magic_wand:

7 Likes

I can see you’ve got some wonderful advice and suggestions for using your wand, @martje, so I just want to pop in to ohhh and ahhh over him- what a gorgeous wand! :magic_wand: :heart_eyes:

I can see why he called to you- you have got a beautiful spellcasting friend now! May he lend his powers and companionship to you while you cast. Enjoy your new treasure! :sparkles::blush:

10 Likes

That’s great Jan! :blush:

8 Likes

Thank you Bry :kissing_heart:

7 Likes

Mostly through intention when in my altered state on consciousness.

You can draw energy from any source. From yourself, if you have spare to give. From crystals, books, symbols. From the ether all around you.

Sexual energy could work here.

That energy can be used the same way outward by sending it back out with your intention. But that energy is now concentrated energy.

7 Likes

@Temujin_Calidius thanks for that perspective!! I use mine for grounding (all earth type of magick wands like wood based); I use my crystal wands to transfer their energy to enhance my spells and during my meditations and on my altar for rituals (I charge and discharge them to give them energy and cleanse them just like any crystal). And ooooh @Garnet - this is good for what you do, you probably already use what @Temujin_Calidius describes! Interesting, I need to process this for sure. :thinking:

5 Likes

Awesome. Well thats what I meant. My wand is infused with crystals, so thats how I use it. To charge and use that stored energy in those crystals. The wand helps direct that energy and focus it though.

6 Likes