Where in the World are the Witches? GROUP POLL! 2022 šŸ—ŗ

Love! I go thru KC a couple times a year!

8 Likes

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is a new topic in A Sacred Space to narrow down where you are in the world as much or as little as you would like. For the safety of peopleā€™s privacy, only signed-in & active members can see & interact with the A Sacred Space category. Only active coven members would see the information. Please also only edit information for yourself & what you are comfortable sharing for others :earth_americas: or traveling members that may want to meet up somewhere :airplane: :hugs:

Where in the World Are Witches? :world_map: 2022 - it is a Wiki Post so you are free to enter as much or as little information as you would like about where you reside. :two_hearts:

@phoenix_dawn & @Torista I also wanted to let you know that the topic is live now, so feel free to enter your information along with anyone else within the coven :infinite_roots:

7 Likes

Hi everyone, I live in the Netherlands, a small flat country in Europe. I live in the south a city called Tilburg, near to the Belgium border. The city I live in is not very beautiful. It used to be a workers area, a lot of industry, and it s a gathering of several towns and villages. So not many old historical buildings which I like so much. But it s also a student city, and I think because of that a lot of cultural events and initiatives. I like that!
There is nature around me, there are several woods in the area, and some minutes walk from my home there is a lake, with lots of beautiful trees.
I love to read about your living areas. I love to travel so much and take in the different nature, and cultures. It has been a while sinds I could. For me this a way to travel in my mind.

8 Likes

Hooray for the wiki post! :partying_face: Thanks so much for the extended poll, @Susurrus- itā€™s fun to see if any fellow coven members are close by :blush:

Student cities have their own unique energy- the young minds bring a lot of creativity and enthusiasm into a space. Plus, it sounds like you have really beautiful nature close by, Martje- your home sounds like a very lovely place! :national_park: :heart::blush:

I havenā€™t made it to Belgium yet, but Iā€™d love to be able to visit someday! I have heard there is some very excellent chocolate to be found there :yum::chocolate_bar:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

8 Likes

Belgium chocolate is the best there is! :smile::yum:

8 Likes

Youā€™re welcome @BryWisteria I hope that it is something other use as well when they come to this post :heart:

7 Likes

@Martje Yum yum! Chocolate tourism to Belgium sounds like fun! :chocolate_bar: :yum::airplane:

@Susurrus I think itā€™s a great addition to the forum and Iā€™m sure it will be used and appreciated! :heart::blush: Thanks again, Siofra!

8 Likes

Im in central Northern Carolina in the united states. Pretty much i live in the middle of nowhere, in the bible belt. Where there are 7 churches in a 3 mile radius for a population of 1500 people.

11 Likes

Iā€™m located in central Virginia! :blush:
Very, very happy to be a part of the community here!

11 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs Iā€™m not too familiar with the Bible Belt in the US, but 7 churches in a 3 miles radius sounds a lot like the Polish countryside lol. Sometimes I feel like there is one church for every person in the area!

@Mia.1 Greetings, Mia! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Awww- Iā€™m happy youā€™re here too! :heart:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

I live in North Carolina. The bible belt is literally a saying in the US for the South East of our country. Bc the ppl here would throw their bibles at u and try to save your soul for being different than them.

12 Likes

@Mistress_Of_Herbs Yikes! That doesnā€™t sound like a good way to make friends, nevermind get people to open up and potentially join your church :sweat_smile:

But even in places like Bible Belt, Iā€™m sure there are some fellow witches and magickal souls around- we really are everywhere! :mage: :sparkles:

11 Likes

Honestly u would be surprised how many join out of fear.

Ive met some wonderful witches. And some really terrible ones. Same as anywhere. Ive got a wonderful support system around me. A hubby who backs me in all i do, so long as i dont hurt myself or animals he doesnt care. Plus some sister witches who have taken me in. We help each other alot. They call me the herb lady. Bc i have so many and know their properties magically and medicinally. I even have baneful herbs. My opinion about them is how can i learn them without them. Yes reading is awesome, i love books. But its different when u have it in front of u. U grow to respect it. Everyone needs to understand ALL herbs have the ability to heal and kill.

12 Likes

It sounds like youā€™ve found your support network and are blessed to have loved ones who care for you, @Mistress_Of_Herbs :heart::blush: Thatā€™s all a witch could ever ask for!

And you make a great point about the herbs and being mindful of nature- the earth is a wonderful, beautiful thing, but I completely agree that it can be dangerous too. It is smart for a Green Witch to study and learn all they can about the power of plants! :herb::green_heart:

Many blessings and much love! :sparkles:

11 Likes

In USAā€¦ In San Antonio Texas. But spiritually every where!! :broom::broom::broom::star::star::star::star:

8 Likes

Well said, @KristiAnn! :raised_hands: :partying_face: :sparkles:

6 Likes

Merry meet - I live in a small town called Port Rowan in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. I grew up here, moved to Toronto for 5 years, then to Kitchener-Waterloo, down to the town of Simcoe, and then back home to this lovely little tourist town, right on the north shore of Lake Erie, directly across the Lake from Erie, PA. When you look at a map and see the long spit of land sticking into Lake Erie, that is Long Point, and where that meets the mainland is where I live. Itā€™s beautiful here and I believe there are a lot of broom-closeted witches in the area. Since Iā€™ve become a witch I am sensing them and feeling a connection, without actually coming right out and saying anything. Itā€™s a very Christian population here, so I think anyone with alternative beliefs is very careful about it.

8 Likes

Hi @Catharine (I love :heart_eyes: your name) it sounds beautiful!

I live on Cape Cod, & even with having Salem, MA hereā€¦ Cape Cod isnā€™t very good with change but when I knew this was my path to takeā€¦ I have accidentally :thinking: maybe inadvertently, come across other people with similar paths with the same thingā€¦ itā€™s not really an open thing. Kind of, if you know then you know. Otherwise its not brought up or mentioned & we just kind of do our thing.

For instance:

We have lived in the same house for over 20 years. Our neighbors, behind us also have been here during that time & then after 2020 moved here permanently (a lot of summer homes here)ā€¦ we were out back having a fire :fire: & they walked up the path from their house to ours. The husband said something & we were just talking, the he saidā€¦ ā€œI met a witch, like a REAL witchā€¦ā€ :mage:

At the time I was finding brush & things from the yard & tree line to add to the fire. I just looked at the fire & my pentacle chandelier & then him & kept doing what I was doingā€¦ while giggling in my head :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I hope you enjoy the forum & I look forward to learning with you! If you would like to add your
location to the Where in the World Are Witches? :world_map: 2022 in A Sacred Space, please feel free! Its more specific locations for members, but you have to be logged into your account to access & interact with the post. :hugs:

8 Likes

I currently stay part time in Myrtle Beach SC and part time just on the outskirts of Hickory NC. Boy do I get what you mean about the Bible Belt. We have so many churches around us in both places. I have a couple of pentagram stickers on the back of my car but also since I am a Member of the OBODs, I also have the 3 rays of Druidry on the back. People donā€™t say much unless I wear my whiskey hat and black over cape. Then I get some looks. LOL.

9 Likes

Omg thats awesome. I need to get something for my car. I just got it in July and hubs we out of work for surgery so i hadnā€™t even thought about it. I do have these amazing seat covers tho.

8 Likes