I was reading on Lucifer last week and a question arose at my mind that “Lucifer was described as devil in Christianity and wicca do not have any concept like Satan or Devil?! So, what’s the reason behind it?” I did a little research work and found that (1):
- In Wicca: Lucifer is considered as “light-bringer” and “morning star". He does not demand anything doesn’t demand anything fancy. He only demands demand is an earnest desire to improve yourself and honesty.
- In Christianity: Lucifer was rebellious angel who rebelled against God after the creation of humans.
Application for Reasoning: Applying these two theories in practical wicca, I discovered that Lucifer is still an angel and he was not really a Satan or Devil. In The Bible, God created Eden, Adam & Eve, our world and that fruit tree. Lucifer entered into a snack and influenced Adam & Eve to eat those fruits. Now, defining the reason behind this, I must say that Lucifer flouted the order of God, as an angel he was also not permitted to go against God, but his freedom and individuality lead him to this so that Adam & Eve become curious about the fruit and this will give them knowledge and open-mindness to reach the universe which is the ultimate goal for everyone. If you consider the the Vedas means 7 Chakras of body energy, you can find that Heart Chakra, Third Eye Chakra and Crown Chakra are most important chakras (2).
- Anahata or Heart chakra balance between physical chakra (Muladhara or Root Chakra, Swadhisthana or Sacral Chakra and Manipura or Solar Plexus Chakra) and psychological chakras (Vishuddha or Throat Chakra; Ajna or Third-Eye Chakra and Sahasrara or Crown Chakra).
- The Ajna or Third-Eye Chakra deals with knowledge, Intuition, imagination, and wisdom. There is no scope to achieve any knowledge without curiosity. This curiosity was brought by Lucifer to Adam & Eve.
- Finally, The Sahasrara or Crown Chakra that deals with open-mindness, connection to the universe and realisation that every being including human, animal and plants are spirits of universe. There cannot be any open mind without knowledge and without application of knowledge, no one can know themselves and their connection with universe as a universal sprit or being of universe.
Now, there is a question that human being can read and discover the universe, but how can plant and animals reach their Crown Chakra and discover their connection with universe?
The answer is very simple, they do it their own way because the ultimate goal of discovery of universe is enjoyment of life with happiness and peace of mind.
One final point to consider before concluding about God and his wishes? God is the Supreme Personality means the universe (3).
There are two types of our universe which are as follows:
- First one is “Material universe” which is temporary and mortal or dispensable; &
- Second one is “Spiritual Universe” which is based on knowledge. It is permanent and immortal or indispensable.
There cannot be any knowledge without curiosity. Without knowledge, there cannot be any open-mindness and without open-mindness, no question arises to discover the universe and connection between oneself with it. So, Lucifer did the right thing by provoking Adam & Eve to eat that prohibited fruit, although that upset God, but the God wants every being or spirits to know themselves in connection with the universe by achieving knowledge, so that one can reach the spiritual universe which is the ultimate goal of life means achieving happiness and peace of mind.
In short, neither Lucifer was wrong to show the way of life to Adam & Eve, nor The God was wrong to fall him from haven because he failed the test obedience that God wants from everyone.
Conclusion: In conclusion, I will say that it is good to worship Lucifer to achieve freedom and individuality to discover the spiritual universe through knowledge and its application.
- Online Grade-01 Gita Course from Bhaktivedanta Gita academy