Wild Whistling

I’ve always wanted to do this. I can do an asthmatic owl :rofl:, but my hubby whistles to the birds, and they whistle back.

Here’s a video that has a really good tutorial.
Happy whistling.
:sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Not gonna lie… I tried this for a few minutes and now I’m light-headed :rofl: you’d think that since I can play the flute this would be easy but noooooo :joy: I almost got it, though! I’ll keep practicing!

7 Likes

@MeganB It’s not as easy as it looks is it. My owl sounds like he’s gasping for air lol, but I’m gonna keep at it. I’d have thought the flute would’ve given you a head start. We’ll get there. :partying_face:

7 Likes

Saaaaame, I’ve been trying for 10 minutes. Not even a vague success. Just sounds like me blowing on my hands :laughing: Now give me a blade of grass between my thumbs and I can make some noise! :rofl:

6 Likes

@tracyS super :revolving_hearts: fantastic :hearts: i love it my sister!

5 Likes

My dad taught me how to do this years ago. He’s really good at it. I use to be able to do it but can’t anymore.

4 Likes

@AIRAM I’m glad you like it lovely :sparkling_heart:
@Artemisia We can do it, I think after a long practice :rofl:
@Mystique You’ll get it back. Then we’ll all do it together and call in a giant flock of birds :rofl::sparkling_heart:

6 Likes

Oh! I love Alfred Hitchcock!!! We could make a sequel to “the birds “ movie @tracyS ! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

You’re all doing better than me - I gave it a solid attempt for a few minutes and I just have spitty hands :joy:

The only wind instrument I ever got to work was the recorder in middle school, though, so I didn’t have high hopes lol. Back to the piano for me :laughing:

Beautiful video, Tracy! I’m no master of the wind whistle, but it’s really cool to see the practice in action. Thanks for sharing! :heart: :blush:

7 Likes

@tracyS – It definitely isn’t :joy: I don’t think playing the flute helps at all because the mouth shape is totally different for this!

@Artemisia – Oh wow, the blade of grass. I totally forgot about that! I can do that, too! :joy:

I tried again this morning and was able to do it once :joy: and I got it on video just for you guys lol don’t mind my messy hair. I’m still only one coffee deep into my day lol

6 Likes

@MeganB You did it. That’s amazing !!! I still can’t do it, I think my owls dead :rofl:. Well done :grin:

5 Likes

haha thank you! I’ll probably keep trying some more later but I just ate breakfast and if I try now, I think I’d get sick :sweat_smile: you can do it! I believe in you!

4 Likes

I’m going keep going. Still, it’s making Loki laugh, I can feel him laughing. :rofl:

6 Likes

Yayyyyy @MeganB ! You did it!

6 Likes

Now I just have to come back when I can do it on the first try :joy:

6 Likes

You are so cute!!! I love this video and your enthusiasm is contagious :heart: ok ok ok I’ll keep trying to wind whistle! Thank you for sharing :smiling_face: (love the puppy appearance!!!)

6 Likes

Look at you go, Megan! Woohoo! Whistle that wind! :partying_face: :clap: :notes:

5 Likes

haha :sweat_smile: thank you! I almost didn’t post the video because of my hair and face and…well, everything :joy: I’m glad I did though!

I’m still practicing, too :joy: I want to be able to do it!

6 Likes

Inspired by @MeganB 's video…

Ok super going out of my comfort zone :sweat: by posting this as it’s been years since I was a streamer on Twitch:rofl: but after an hour (or more!!!) of practicing, I got a video of me starting to get the hang of Wild Whistling

I am dizzy now :rofl:

6 Likes

You did it, you did it! :clap: :partying_face: :tada: I’ll have to try it with the dominant hand on the bottom and see if that works better for me. And don’t get too dizzy!

(also - I didn’t know you were a streamer on Twitch! :astonished: that’s awesome!)

6 Likes