Witches Bells! 🔔

It’s funny because I have these xmas themed bells that hang on the doorknob and they’ve been up since we moved into this house 4 years ago, before I even recognized myself as a witch. I just always left them, year long, no idea why. Then I started my research and it made sense :slight_smile: Funny the little things that we do automatically without really understanding and then a lightbulb goes off when you read about it. Like all my life I would walk barefoot outside, people always thought I was weird. haha. Then I realized I was grounding.

6 Likes

It’s amazing when all the pieces suddenly click into place :blush: It sounds like you found your calling, @Eclectic_Jess! :two_hearts:

4 Likes

now just to paint the door!1

11 Likes

I love those bells! For right now I am going to be using bells that I have in my craft items. Im putting them on the front & back door plus my bedroom door. Im hoping to find some tiny ones i can put in my hair. I will be putting the braids along my back hairline & then tying in some charms.

6 Likes

Welcome, @julie8! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Your bells look beautiful- I love the colorful beads you used :two_hearts: Have fun with the painting! :paintbrush:

That sounds like a great plan, @Susurrus! :+1: Good luck with the braiding- I’d love to see your new bell-enhanced hairdo when it’s ready! :star_struck: :bell:

5 Likes

Hi @julie8! Those bells look lovely. And the door looks rustic, which is artsy. So no need to paint. :rofl:

6 Likes

Those bells are awesome! Love them!

7 Likes

I think I am going to head over to etsy or Amazon to see what I can come up with for small charms/bells. I’m sure I’ll find something. I know when I was younger I had a chime bracelet that I took apart to use them in my hair. I have a charm bracelet that I could do that with now and it has different symbols that we would use. It’s kind of rainy today, so it seems like a good rainy day project.

6 Likes

Those are gorgeous :heart_eyes::heart: thanks for sharing your bells!!

6 Likes

Congratulations on your recovery! I’m in recovery too. I’m happy just knowing I’m not alone in this area! The first year was horrible for me. But now it’s a breeze. I used to take how people would say relapse is part of recovery… And I’d use it to my advantage. Then I learned what it meant truly. We are strong witchy woman :muscle::dizzy::woman_mage::broom:

6 Likes

@christina4 it’s great knowing there are people out there who understand. My journey in this new life has been more of a help than anything I’ve ever tried before! I’ll be forever grateful to everyone who has helped me! And congratulations on your sobriety :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

6 Likes

Thank you so much! It really means a lot! :pray::two_hearts:

5 Likes

Congratulations Dearest!! How wonderful you are working on yourself! Doesn’t it feel good to feel alive and feel things now?? I am so proud of you, (a beaming grandma I am) Do not ever be afraid to come talk to us if you feel the need to just talk. You are loved!
Blessed Be!

5 Likes

I was looking for information about bells on Spells 8 and landed on this thread. I love the bells & key door charm you made! I have a question about using bells in a ritual. I understand opening and ending a ritual with ringing a bell but this is a longish Samhain ritual. I am wondering when I am doing ancestral contact, or rather, inviting it, if (along with other protections) ringing the bell 3 times might be wise to chase away any malevolent spirt or energy from coming through the veil. I am eager to try this but do not want to suffer repercussions from accidentally opening the door to something I don’t want. I see that bells have been used to keep away evil spirits. Any thoughts about ringing bells in between the beginning and ending of a ritual or spell?

6 Likes

I have sometimes used my singing bowl in the middle of a ritual…I was doing a clearing on myself - and as I was mid-ritual, I felt the energy change and it wasn’t good…so I grabbed my trusty singing bowl to clear the air’s energy.

As I looked back on what had happened, I believed the “bad” energy was leaving me and got “stuck” in my space - so I listened to my intuition and did a few chimes with the singing bowl. I instantly felt the energy get “lighter” and then finished out my ritual with another chime of the singing bowl.

I think you just need to listen to your ‘gut’ feeling. Believe in it and go with it.

5 Likes

Jeez! Your bells are beautiful!

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind comments on my bells. i keep adding bits to the strand. i have added keys and a lock and am about to add a cowrie shell as well for prosperity.

5 Likes

When I was a child and Eisenhauer was president, we lived in farm country. About milking time all the cows would wander toward the barns and some of them wore a collar and a big bell. So you could listen to the cows sing and the bells ring. A good memory to share.

4 Likes