Witches Bells! 🔔

Do you have witches bells hanging from your door? Have you ever made some?

It’s amazing something so tiny can have such power. :bell:

:bell:Historically, bells have been used in religious rites for a long time. The ringing of bells is often used to symbolize peace and freedom.

:bell:In many religions, a ringing bell is said to either summon or ward off spirits of the dead.

:bell:Bells are associated with the divine. The ringing of a bell causes vibrations which are a source of great power. In some Wiccan traditions the bells are rung to begin and/or end a rite, or to invoke the Goddess.

:bell:In Paganism, small hand bells may have been rung in certain rituals to enhance harmony and augment power.

:bell:Shamanism has long incorporated magickal bells in their rituals to chase away evil spirits.

:bell:In folk magick, the ringing of bells was said to drive away evil spirits, witches, and the devil. They use to tie bells to children’s clothing and other people and animals of importance in a community.

Here is a quick little tidbit on Witches Bells and a chant you can say

18 Likes

How awesome, Laurie! I’ve always liked witch bells.my grandmother had so many. If only I could of gotten my hands on them before my careless family members snatched them after she passed.they don’t know what sentimental value is. Neither do they deal with the craft. Uh! Now they’re probably thrown out.anywho, great video and thanks for the information!

4 Likes

I saw this on your YouTube and immediately ordered some bells. They should get here on Wednesday.

4 Likes

I LOVE the one I have on my door - it’s the one on the video…I was so attracted to it AND it had a key on it! I have been very drawn to Hekate lately - and one of her symbols is a key…so it was only natural I had to have this witch bell LOL.

5 Likes

Ugh!! To me the sentimental value is everything!! :frowning:

4 Likes

I used to have small bells that I wore in my hair. I should see if I can find some for my front and back doors!

@christina4 the sentimental value is everything. When my grandmother passed away, she had a crystal ball that she & I used to use together when I was younger. I used to like to look in it whenever I was at her house. Somehow, a friend of hers wound up with it & no one had asked or anything. I felt so bad when she passed; people came out of the woodwork to go through her house.

4 Likes

I agree with you on that :100::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Wow, that’s so terrible! I’m so sorry to hear that! I’m with you on the sentimental part. My grandparents and I were beyond close!

3 Likes

Sounds like it was meant to be yours!

3 Likes

These are the witch bells I have on my front door, I was going to make my own, and saw these on Etsy…they were $23!! I am like well back to making my own… until I saw the identical ones on WISH… and got them for $1 plus $1 shipping… I still may make another set for the front door and put these on the back…we will see…

7 Likes

Thats why I have lots of windchimes too wanta scare away all the boogey men

3 Likes

I love them! I think when I make my trip to Salem this year that I will see if they have any that pique my interest and pick them up. I would love to find some chimes or bells for my bracelets or hair again.

6 Likes

I’ve always loved the sounds of bells! There is a big old church near my school in the old district of town that rings its bell every hour to tell the time :church: . I’ve never felt connected to churches, but I love listening to the bell- it is always a very powerful feeling! :bell:

When I lived in Japan some temples and shrines would sell bells as protection charms! Bells are an important part of Shinto religion and culture, and are used in both rituals and in traditional dances.

I got a beautiful bell protection charm from a temple in Kyoto, and I had it tied to my backpack for a while…but as beautiful as the sound was, it is was loud! :hear_no_evil: It didn’t come with me to Europe, because I didn’t want to listen to it jingling for the whole 10 hour trip :airplane: :sweat_smile:

Your videos are always a pleasure to watch, @SilverBear- thank you for sharing your wisdom! :pray::two_hearts:

6 Likes

When I was a kid, there was a shop owned by a Chinese couple next to my mother’s apartment. When I had any money I would buy things from them to decorate my bedroom. The first thing I bought was a set of windchimes! I wish I had it here!

Anyway, I believe that the intent of warding off negative energies is the most important thing when ringing any kind of chimes or bells. An incantation helps, for example:

"Beings of Light, far and wide, this spell I cast shall not untie.
With wind chimes, air and light, I banish all evil from my sight"

7 Likes

I had a set of windchimes hanging from my shepherd’s hook in my front garden, we had a nor’ easter and I forgot to take them down and they got really damaged. I’m looking for a nice set of agate slices for my room and a nice sounding windchime set for my shepherd’s hook again. I loved listening to them in the breezes and winds when they weren’t in a serious storm situation.

6 Likes

I’m in recovery from drug addiction. I attend a women’s meeting in a church. At the end of the meeting, their bell chimes for noon. It gives my goosebumps everytime. It’s always during the closing prayer, which I participate in by holding hands and thanking the universe & the god/goddess for allowing me to live freely & peacefully now. :black_heart:

9 Likes

@haley congratulations on your recovery also! I hope it continues to go well for you! The bells at noon here always caught my attention and I would get chills too. We have a large church downtown that sounds them everyday.

5 Likes

I have a simple set that I made out of some old holiday bells. And I’ve also made my patio a little haven of Witchy vibes…:blush:
The energy back there us so peaceful and calm. I’ve posted pics in a different post.
@haley Congrats on your recovery!
@Krissie I love wind chimes too!

8 Likes

Good luck finding a new windchime for your shepherd’s hook, @Susurrus! I’m sure you can find a nice one :+1: Maybe you have a Christmas Tree Shop nearby? They usually have a great collection of outdoor decorations and very creative garden ornaments in the summertime- I’ve found some wonderful treasures there! :sparkling_heart:

You are very strong, @haley! Congrats on your recovery :pray: It sounds like a very powerful experience to be together with a supportive group and share both the emotions and the sound of the bells together :bell::two_hearts:

5 Likes

@Rowan and @BryWisteria thank you! I miss them terribly. I’m going to check Etsy for the agate slices and the windchimes once my room is painted. I think they will be an excellent addition to my space and outside.

4 Likes