Witches Handshake

Witches Hand Shake

Extend your right index finger and lightly touch the wrist of the person exactly where the pulse is felt. by touching the pulse it throws the acquaintance completely off his balance for just an instant but in that instant plant an initial thought,
( example: I am the one you want for the job)
this really works and is cool try it
-much love and many blessings

22 Likes

Oh this is interesting. I have to try this! Thanks :+1::blush:

10 Likes

I hadn’t heard of this before- it’s really interesting! :star_struck: I agree that sending magickal thoughts directly to the pulse could be a powerful way to plant a thought in someone else’s mind.

Something like this might come in handy for suggesting positive thoughts (sending love and blessings) to loved ones, but I personally would be worried about crossing consent lines in using this on other people, as it’s a bit like casting a spell on someone without their permission- and a mind control spell, at that :thinking: .

I wouldn’t consider such a thing to be automatically Baneful Magick, but it’s something that may fall into the Grey Magick category for some people.

Still, it is really interesting to learn about! Thanks so much for sharing, @moonshadow- I really appreciate you sharing your witchy wisdom :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Blessed be! :sparkles:

9 Likes

Why would it be Grey? It depends on the caster as to what magik is sent out. Magik isnt light or dark. Its all in the witch’s intention.

I just dont understand how this would be considered baneful or grey? Unless it’s bc its seen as mind manipulation. Instead of suggestion. But if thats the case wouldn’t love spells also be grey?

6 Likes

This is well-said, @Mistress_Of_Herbs, and I agree! :blush: I see magick as an inherently neutral force- like a sword that could be use to kill or to defend, or a pen that can write healing or hurting words. Where magick falls on the alignment is all in the intention of the caster.

Anytime a spell changes or directs another’s actions (aka crossing into someone’s personal freedom and potentially taking away their freedom) I don’t consider it to be “wholesome” magick anymore- it’s crossing ethical lines.

Some (not all!) interpret the Wiccan Rede to mean that Wiccans (and any witches who follow the Rede or a version of it) are forbidden from casting spells that manipulate others (source). There’s a great discussion about it in The Ethics of Consent Before Casting.

However, sometimes we cast spells on others as an act of personal safety or defense- like Banishing Spells or Freezer Spells. These are spells that influence others (likely against their will), however, they are done as an act of self-defense.

Some would say that these spells that influence others are automatically Baneful, but for me, this is spellwork that, although it may not be “pure” in ethical terms, it is cast with a pure intention (defense, protection). It can’t be “White Magick” as I define White Magick, but it’s also not “Black/Baneful Magick”. Hence: the middle ground: Grey Magick.

(As for your question about love spells- yes! Most love spells, with the exception of self-love/care spells, go right into the Grey Magick category too)

This is why I called it Grey Magick, but that’s just me- at the end of the day, every witch is free to define their own magickal ethics and practice in whatever way feels right to them! :sparkles:

Blessed be :heart:

7 Likes

Thank u for this. When ppl ask me what i am…my answer is im a witch. But if i was to categorize myself then i would be a solitary grey hedge witch with eclectic tendencies. I dont follow the Wiccan rede in its entirety. There are some great points in Wicca and some i refuse to follow. Plus im also not a Pagan, even tho my Patron is Thor.

I love everyone. I always have. But im not love and light all the time. Sometimes karma needs a bit of help, in my opinion. The things ive had to do to heal myself and protect myself and those closest to me makes me fall into the grey category. But when your so called best friend, who is a druid, puts a slow death curse on u, a mirror portal in your house, and goes after your dog and makes them sick for 7 days. U get mad. All bc she thought i was casting against her as to why her spells against her husband wouldnt work. At that time in my path i didnt even know how to cast. And she was asking everyone for spells to bend his will to keep him in line. And i spoke up and told her that her problem was marital not magical. But she was delving into every aspect of magik, even hoodoo.

6 Likes

I think it’s grey if you do not get the other person’s consent prior to taking action if you are doing something that directly impacts them. For example, if I want to know the truth, I could do a spell that the truth comes to me, causing harm to none, without naming a party. But if I cast a truth-telling spell on a specific person I suspect of lying, using say, primrose oil and calamus root and a taglock, for example, that would be grey work.

5 Likes

I’m sorry about your friend- it sounds like you’ve needed to set your boundaries and do what you had to in order to protect yourself and your loved ones :pray:

Every witch has their own “flavor”- it’s all part of the journey to figure out who you are and what the Craft means to you. Full respect to you for finding your own place and making your Craft your own, Christeena! :heart:

That’s a really great point, Mary :+1: If consent is given, then I’m in the same boat. I wouldn’t consider most magick being cast on someone with their permission to be crossing any ethical lines, so long as it’s not involving a third party who hasn’t given their permission.

Laying lines is tough though- it’s hard to find the exact point where it crosses from “Wholesome” into “Grey”. I’m glad no one has to try to make a diagram or anything- it would be tough to map out! :laughing: Much better to let everyone draw their own boundary lines in their Craft.

5 Likes

Thank for saying that. Its taken alot of shadow work, meditation, prayer, and just good old support to even climb out of the whole she left me in. But im proud to say that i have, and honestly im better for it. So in a way i actually am grateful to her for what she did. She made me stronger than i thought possible, and im a domestic violence and rape survivor. So thats saying something.

5 Likes

You are a strong witch, @Mistress_Of_Herbs :muscle: :heart:

I don’t ever want to undermine someone else’s hardships or suffering- it sounds like you have been through some very difficult things and my heart and love go out to you :people_hugging:- but despite the darkness you went through, it does sound like you emerged from your challenges burning brighter and stronger than ever before :fire::sparkles:

May you continue to shine brightly! Many blessings to you :sparkling_heart: :blush:

3 Likes