Witchy Book Reviews! Spells8 Book Club Reviews Masterlist - Sessions I ~ XXV

**Book Title and Author: I was quite bored by mine, i totally switched, the book I am now reading (and an so obsessed with) is Laurie Cabots Book of Spells and Enchantments

Status? : Still Reading, I tried to get through foraging but it was so dull and i have given up on trying to be an herbal witch! Not my forte at all! So I started this new book 2 days ago and am obsessed! Super detailed, fun to read and so practical! It makes magick seem much more personal to me and lets me experiment like i keep wanting to do, i now can add a few enhancing herbs or crystals or other things to my spells and have been having great results!

My overall rating of the book : ??? 10/10 so far!

How does this book relate to my magickal practice?: asked and answered( been watching too much of the Johnny depp trial :rofl:)

An interesting quote from the book:

So many good quotes in this book! Two favorites are

"No one can take away your personal power unless you allow it "
and

ā€œYou can see, feel and hear the enchantment wherever you go, in whatever you do.ā€

All in all, would I recommend this book?: Highly reccommend and a must for any witches library!

6 Likes

Thatā€™s a great review, I have seen that book before & wondered about it, like is it more of a reference book such as a cookbook type of set up or if it was in fact a book about them as a whole with the different ā€œrecipesā€ intertwined. I find that a lot with books about deities & their stories or associations.

4 Likes

:blush: It was a good book!

4 Likes

@Amethyst i started it this afternoon! Itā€™s lovely so far!

5 Likes

Im havenā€™t finished my books yet due to being sick and sleeping alot

5 Likes

Itā€™s a great book, at least I think so. Iā€™m glad youā€™re liking it!

So sorry to hear youā€™ve been so sick. You can always put down the same book next month. Itā€™s all good.

5 Likes

I am only on the 9th chakra right now :laughing: once I finish this one, I will happily post a review for it. I have another book all lined up too! Iā€™m excited about it too!

4 Likes

10/10 Woohoo!!! :partying_face: Iā€™m so happy you found such a good book to read, Amethyst- it sounds like it was loaded with wisdom and helpful practices. That quote you shared is powerful- what an encouraging and uplifting message about magick, especially when it comes to healing :mending_heart:

Thank you so much for sharing your review! :blush:

Hahaha nothing wrong with having a book that draws you in! :laughing: Keep on reading, Khadija- I hope it continues to get better and better for you! :open_book:

Good for you for being honest with yourself and not being afraid to switch it up when something isnā€™t working- and hooray that your new book is such a great one! :star_struck: :open_book:

It sounds like the Book of Spells is everything you were hoping for and more! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and I hope you continue to enjoy the book :heart:

:rofl:

I had to stop following the trial news- it was getting a bit too ridiculous for me to watch lol :laughing:

No worries and no rush, Nikita! Please get some good rest and take care of yourself as you heal :pray::heart: Feel better soon!

Looking forward to it- I hope the last few chakra sections in the book have lots of helpful tips and wisdom for you! :blush: And awesome- how cool that youā€™ve got another exciting book lined up! Canā€™t wait to hear about that one too :grinning:

5 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! It was a good book!

4 Likes

Am still looking for books to read :pensive:

4 Likes

Have you got Kindle Unlimited? You can read oodles of witchy books on there! Itā€™s just ten bucks a month.

5 Likes

@Amethyst
I should rush to check it out now :running_man::running_man::running_man:

5 Likes

Itā€™s a good bargain if you read a lot!

5 Likes

Book Title and Author: Spellcrafting by Aris Murphy-Hiscock

Status? : Still Reading

My overall rating of the book :8/10 so far

How does this book relate to my magickal practice?: an excellent guide to spells, correpondences, energy and more

My personal thoughts/opinions: Where did the time go? Iā€™m only half way through, but it is excellent. It goes into lots of detail about spellwork from conceiving the concept of the spell, phrasing it, selecting ingredients and times, raising energy, andā€¦more stuff I havenā€™t gotten to.

An interesting quote from the book: ā€œIf the Divine could be limited by what we envision, then the Divine wouldnā€™t be the Divine.ā€

All in all, would I recommend this book?: Yes

6 Likes

I was finally able to finish the book and am hoping to start the book i pulled out- The crooked path by Kelden

5 Likes

How do we find the new post for the current reading period that started on June 3rd?

5 Likes

Hi @August_Wandering
I think @BryWisteria will post it later today or early tomorrow. She takes weekends off.
With Love :heart: & Magick :magic_wand:

Note:*
I used the little magnifying glass in the upper right corner and searched on Book Club

4 Likes

I donā€™t believe itā€™s been posted just yet. Our lovely mod @BryWisteria is currently travelling. Iā€™m sure once she makes it back home sheā€™ll get it up and ready :blush:

3 Likes

You know youā€™ve got a good book when time slips away and the pages fly by- Iā€™m so happy you found yourself such a great read, Ron! :grinning:

Love that quote about the Divine- it sounds like this book dips into some deep thinking and philosophical thought. I think I can see why it calls to you! :blush:

May it continue to be a great read! :raised_hands:

Congrats on finishing your book! :partying_face: And ohhhh exciting that youā€™ve got your next one already picked out :star_struck:

Feel free to add it in to next sessionā€™s book list- I hope you enjoy your reading! :open_book: :heart:

Hello Debora! :blush:

A big thank you to Marsha and Megan for helping you out, and apologies for being behind with the post! Thatā€™s what I get for packing my to-do list before it was finished :sweat_smile: :pray:

The post for the next reading session is now live in the forum! For anyone who has their next witchy book picked out (or those continuing their reading from this session) feel free to head on over to the new post here:

:open_book: Spells8 Book Club XVIII

Apologies again for the delay- blessed be and happy reading! :books::sparkles:

5 Likes

Iā€™m still reading mine :blush:

6 Likes