Witchy Shower Steamers

Merry Meet, It’s me again!

I have been working on a list of recipes for Witchy Shower Steamers.

There are tons out there of ritual baths and bath salts and bath scrubs and bath this and bath that, you get the picture.

Some of us don’t have a bathtub :bath:, don’t have time for a bath :bath: or just don’t like taking a bath :bath:(I do take showers :shower: though :blush:).

I put together another spreadsheet of some shower steamer recipes that I documented and listed of course by intent. I did not document the intent of each ingredient or EO or fragrance but the intent of the combination is there.

Some of them I forgot to list if it was either the herb/flower :herb: :sunflower: itself or as an EO but I think you can figure it out since there is no “nag champa” herb, that ingredient would be an EO. But hey, get creative, mix and match the ingredients between plants and EO’s and add your own actual herbs/flowers to give them eye appeal.

These are for shower steamers, not baths as some EO’s are not bathwater safe even in a carrier oil. Steamers are meant to be put on the floor of your shower so that some water can hit them and release the scents and intentions as you shower so take care not to put them in a direct water stream or they will probably dissolve and wash away too fast.

Worried about larger pieces of herbs/flowers etc. clogging your shower drain? Put the steamer in a clean used tea bag (just open the used tea bag carefully, empty the used tea (or better yet, compost it), rinse out the tea bag and let it dry and stuff the steamer in it when you’re ready to take a magical shower. You could even use a cotton reusable tea bag but you would need to get it a lot more wet for the steamer to dissolve. I actually have one of those mesh drain covers on my shower so I just empty it after my shower.

I did not list the ingredients for the steamer base in the spreadsheet, there are so many variations out there but I will tell you what has worked for me when crafting some of mine, it’s actually a bath bomb base:
2 cups Baking Soda (sodium bicarbonate)
1 cup Corn Starch
1 cup Citric Acid
1 cup Epsom Salts
4 tsp Oil (sweet almond-(this is the least expensive and what I use), jojoba, coconut, olive, or even baby oil)
2 tsp total of Essential Oil (and/or Fragrance Oil) (this is approx. 200 drops of EO, think about what scent you want to be the one you want to smell the most or intent you want to intensify and that will be the larger amount of drops. For example a Focus recipe would be 90 drops rosemary EO, 70 drops grapefruit EO, 40 drops petitgrain EO since rosemary is known for encouraging mental alertness and focus.)
A few drops of Liquid Soap Dye (or food coloring)

Witch hazel is the most commonly used liquid binder for bath bombs, put it in a spray bottle and add as needed (about 40-50 sprays is equivalent to 3 TBSP) but you could also use a “Magic Water” based on the intent of the steamer.

The key to steamers and bath bombs as well is compression, when you load up your silicone mold or muffin tin, press it in there really hard, this will keep them from crumbling when you take them out to let them dry.

I have shared the spreadsheet with the recipes on my google drive, feel free to download and enjoy: Witchy Shower Steamers

10 Likes

Once again I am truly impressed by your skill with the spreadsheets- this is both beautiful to look at and such a great resource to have! :heart_eyes:

Thank you so much for sharing! :raised_hands: :heart:

Very interesting! It is the base I have been using for my herbal bug sprays, so I have a bunch of it here. I’ll have to experiment with using it as a binder in bath/shower bombs too. Thanks for the tip, Suzanne! :pray:

6 Likes

One of my daughter’s makes these for me and I love them, I’ll have to share your spreadsheet with her (with your permission) to see if she’s interested in making me a couple more!! Thanks for sharing this, love.
:two_hearts:

6 Likes

WOW, that’s nifty. And all I do is use Florida Water soap.

5 Likes

Absolutely Jan, pick some good ones :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Oh my goodness, that’s an impressive spreadsheet! :clap: I don’t make bath bombs or shower steamers myself, but this is a great list to have even just for the ingredients. I would imagine you could also use these recipes to make bath salts! :bath:

6 Likes

If you want any of my spreadsheets that I share, the best thing for you to do is not to try to work in it in google docs or google drive but actually download the file and open it from your computer, that’s way easier than trying to do it online.
I also don’t upload a newer version of the files if I update mine, if you have any of them and have made changes to your copy on your computer and download an updated version of mine, it will overwrite all your hard work of the changes you made to your copy.

Thought I would come back and upload a Google docs cheat sheet so anyone who wants the file can follow these directions and download the actual spreadsheet.

Google shared docs cheat sheet.pdf (285.8 KB)

5 Likes

You put a lot of work into your beautiful spreadsheets and documents- is very kind of you to share them. Thank you so much, Suzanne! :pray: :heart:

5 Likes