Witchy Talents Challenge Entry :witch_pentacle:

I honestly have some difficulty with this, but I’m going to approach from where I am now & recent happenings & conversations…

I had initially put too much thought into this & I had to slow down & think about this one.

Over the time that I have returned my practice, I have learned so much more about what it is to be talented & that the things I am talented in I’ve always had & they have just been dusted off & made better. There are others that over the last few years I have gotten much better at also.

I am actually really self-aware about different things. Not perfect by any means & at times I will take a step or 2 backward. However, most of the time now, I can recognize when I may need to take a few steps :footprints: back before responding to someone or something. Work through the emotional response & then respond when my logical brain is ready. It happens with situations, relationships, & things of that sort. Which has also increased my self-control in those responses. I am the same way with my overall health too. I know when something is off & how things are affecting me with my physical conditions.

I’m a lot better with my intuition & actually trusting it. I still amaze myself a lot, but it’s also a feeling of why did I put up so many walls in the past!!! Being so much better with my intuition has only increased sensitivity to others as far as being HSP/Empath… so normally I am really good at not only having but upholding boundaries. Whatever those may be from my own protections to not letting someone Tug at my heartstrings to get their way in whatever way that may be, whether or not they realize that they are trying to manipulate the situation or work around the boundaries… I can tell & I don’t let them as much as possible. Even if that means cutting all ties.

When I first started, meditation felt impossible. I just couldn’t do it. I would actually stress myself trying because I was trying to do it right. I’ve come a long way since then & learned so much about meditation :woman_in_lotus_position: I have made it from close to 1 minute to up to 20 minutes. I also learned that I had done a form of meditation for a very long time, I just hadn’t realized or knew that I was doing it!

Oh learning how to read tarot intuitively! I am able to do that & when I do, it works out really well for myself & those that I have done tarot readings for too! It was an amazing time when I figured out that I could do it & it didn’t have to involve learning the actually upright & reversed meanings of the cards. I learned how to read them & admittedly I have a different style of reading them than a lot of people, but it definitely works well. Which goes back to being better with my intuition, self aware, & even meditation.

I have learned to notice & appreciate my area & the nature that is around me :deciduous_tree: Appreciating the land, sea, sky. The elements around me & using them together as well as what is available to me. If need be then I can also use appropriate substitutions based on what I associate things with the most. *(smoke = air or a feather, an image or video of a candle or flame = fire, etc_( I also love to watch the changes from day to night, animals, weather patterns. All kinds of things around me & my area. I learned how to effectively ground myself being outside. I also learned how to bring myself to the present & use the things happening outside to do that & calm me down when I get tense or have some type of anxious or busy energy.

I can work with energy. I never knew it & once I figured it out, I got better at it. Auras & energy colors or shifts I’ve been able to notice a lot better since not putting up walls with my intuition. Also what to do to release energy from myself & balance it so I’m not on edge leaning more to either side.

Crystals, I have loved :heavy_heart_exclamation: crystals for a long time. Once I learned more about them, I am able to use them more effectively in my practice in different ways. I can use them & work them now as well as appreciate them & their beauty :witch_pentacle:

Finding my own path & realizing that my path isn’t going to be the same as anyone else’s. I don’t need to know, have, or do everything. It’s okay to take my time & focus on one thing at a time to be able to integrate things into my practice as I am able. Also knowing that once I start practicing something, realizing that it may not be something that I should continue with because it makes my practice feel either confined or too going through the motions but not actually using my intentions because I’m trying to do it & it doesn’t actually feel right for myself. But if it works for someone else that’s amazing! :partying_face:

Having an open mind & learning from everyone & their interests. Being willing to learn from them & have a discussion. Then continue learning about it, because if it interests me then I want to know more about it. :books:

Understanding bias, primary & secondary sources, & that not everything you read on the internet is true or complete. As well as not every author on a subject is a good resource to get information. No matter how many books they’ve written or how many topics they’ve written about over time. So I tend to check & cross-check, verify… research & continue to learn :nerd_face:

Letting go of things that no longer serve me & being able to change the things that are not something I use, practice, & don’t need anymore. So I will offer them to someone, gift them, or release them another effective way but also so they don’t go to waste. :blush:

Crafts, I love :heart: to make things with my hands & if they are able to be used in my practice or can be used by someone else, then that’s my favorite part :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I don’t know that I have enough room for all of things that I like to make & have made, but I love crafts! :revolving_hearts:

I think I’m going to leave it there for now, but those were the things that came to my mind first & with my current situations. I’m sure there or other things, but currently those are what I have been working on to get me back to where I am comfortable, heading for some solid footing. :two_hearts:

:witch_pentacle: Weekly Witchy CHALLENGE - Finding Your Witchy Talents

12 Likes

@Susurrus Wonderful challenge entry! You put a lot of thought into this! Great job! :heart::blush::people_hugging:

10 Likes

You’ve come a long way since you joined and are very talented! So good for you!

10 Likes

Can you hear me cheering? :tada: :clap: :heart: This is beautiful, @Susurrus- you have so many wonderful abilities that you have nurtured over the years! In the time I’ve known you, you’ve tried so many different areas of the Craft and developed your interests into some really wonderful talents. I’m so proud of you and how far you’ve come! :heart: :hugs:

Thank you for sharing this beautiful reflection of your magickal skills! :sparkles:

11 Likes

@Sivonnah thank you! I appreciate it :two_hearts:

@Amethyst until I actually did think about it & how to approach this… I was kind of shocked myself from where I was to where I am now. So many changes & an amazing journey! :sparkles:

@BryWisteria Thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I appreciate the kind words from all of you! It makes me feel really good today :revolving_hearts:

It was quite the journey back in time to realize the things that I have worked on & are a huge part of my practice, which is also intertwined with my daily life. The 2 are connected in so many ways & when I sat down to think about it was like light bulbs :bulbs: breaking… When I am doing some of these things, everything flows much easier. As I have restarted some of them… things are just starting to feel right again :hugs:

11 Likes

How beautiful and thorough retelling of your journey, it’s been lovely seeing you grow and growing with you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This resonates with me a lot, I’ve been taking down those of mine and putting up boundaries in their stead. There’s so much numbness still where there could be sensitivity. :pink_heart:

10 Likes

I feel the same way, I’ve come so very far. There’s still a lot there that needs to be worked on but I’m happy making sure things have been worked through & taking my time.

I’m still learning about holding those boundaries & being able to do that without giving in to persistence.

Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It’s been wonderful & I’m so happy to have spent so much of it here with you :pink_heart: & everyone since joining :infinite_roots: The journey to finding my path has been so worth it :two_hearts: to have been able to really figure who I am :phoenix:

11 Likes

Pleasure to read thankyou for sharing lovely :rose:

9 Likes

You’re welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I appreciate it so much :blush:

10 Likes

What’s that old saying? You’ve come a long way, baby! LOL!

10 Likes

I could’ve sworn I’d already commented on how lovely this is, but it must have been my imagination yet again. :laughing:

It sounds like you’ve been on a wonderful journey and are at a beautiful place in your practice. :black_heart:

I came here to take a few steps back myself. I just read two posts one after the other, like BAM, that contained content which brought up some… mildly triggering memories.

But reading through your journey and way of thinking about things again has been such a calming experience. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

@starborn Oh, thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It took a bit to get to where I am now & the need to be completely honest with myself & willing to actually do the work not just with my psychiatrist but with a therapist, too. They are very good with me & my beliefs, so we try to find coping strategies that align with those. They also understand when I say I have this energy just coursing through me & will work with me to release it one way or another, without using commercial medications. One of my biggest accomplishments has been coming off of them completely or to the lowest effective doses, so I can work on different things that I was using medication to numb. I feel so much better & so many things have changed for me. I can’t wait to see where I go from here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

I haven’t had the brain space for a well-thought reply, but I just wanted to bust in here with big hugs and love! :hugs: :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: You’ve been through so much, but you’ve also accomplished so much. You should be proud of yourself!

9 Likes

@MeganB: Busting in like the Kool-Aid man over here :laughing: Thank you for the hugs & love :heart: I appreciate it :people_hugging: Thank you, since you mentioned it & re-reading the post… I have been through a lot & from that, accomplished a lot with my practice & myself. I need to work on recognizing that & being proud of myself :upside_down_face:

I appreciate all of you :heartpulse: Thank you so much :heavy_heart_exclamation: everyone :people_hugging: for reminding me how far I’ve come & continue to grow into myself; I’m somewhere in here… she’s kind of doing her own thing at the moment :rofl:

9 Likes