Working with spirits đź‘»

Hello everyone!! :heart:
Do you guys know how to communicate and work with spirits? How can we create the environment? How can we identify a familiar spirit and invite them? Can we get them to help my work? Will they harm me? Can we become friends?

I am interested in communicating and working with spirits :ghost: But I don’t know where to start.

9 Likes

I’m not sure if we have that much on Spirit work here, it’s normally done by someone really experienced. I don’t know too much about it, but I’d be glad to be your friend! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

I find guided meditations to be really helpful~someone with experience guides you to the place where you’re able to communicate with others. I’ve an excellent one that takes you on a visit to the underworld to meet your connection(s)
You could try to find some on you tube or Spotify~(I’ll have a look for the ones I enjoy and let you know if you like?)

9 Likes

Like @AliceInWonderdab mentioned, meditation is probably the most common way to communicate with your guides.

Make sure you have privacy and set the mood in any way you prefer (candles, incense, music, etc.)

1. Cast a circle or invoke any type of protection or white light if you feel the need.

2. Close your eyes and focus on your breathing. When you’re ready say: “I ask my Spirit Guides to join my ritual and make their presence known”.

3. Notice any changes in your body or your surroundings, any sounds, temperature changes, vibrations, or feelings in different parts of your body.

4. Write down or store in your memory any images or sensations you receive. Ask them questions if you have any, or state your need for guidance in any specific aspect.

5. Listen carefully for their answers. Have patience and let go of your expectations and doubts. When you’re ready, give them thanks for their help and say “I release you”.

6. Finally dismiss your circle and ground yourself in any way you prefer.

If you do this before going to sleep, make sure you have a dream journal next to your bed so you can write down any messages you received in your dreams as soon as you wake up.

There are different types of spirits and guides. The best to work with are ancestors since they will usually have your best interests at heart. Many folk traditions work with ancestral spirits.

Other types would be spirits of the land or spirits of the home.

Here’s a video interview with Sandra Ingerman that has some advice on connecting with spirit guides and the spirit world in general.

17 Likes

When I first started working with spirits, I used a Pendulum. If you don’t know how to use one…

11 Likes

Thank you so much @christina4 :hugs:

5 Likes

Thank you so much @Francisco, @AliceInWonderdab, and @Amethyst for your help :heart:

6 Likes

I’m glad to be of service :blush::heart:

5 Likes

I use a pendulum to work with them & I place offerings or something that resonates with them on my altar. Other than that, I haven’t done too much. I did do the Dumb Supper & work with the pendulum during Samhain too!

6 Likes

You’re welcome! Sorry I wasn’t much help!

5 Likes

You’re welcome! Good luck and success in your communications!

5 Likes