Working With The Fae

Here is some of the research that I have accumulated by studying the fae/fairies. I am not an expert on this, so if anything is incorrect feel free to leave some feedback. Note: working with the fae is not for beginners.

Working With Fae

• Fairy offerings include: honey, cake, sweet milk, anything sweet, or lighting candles for them, burning things in their honor
  • Working with tree spirits: give them offerings of water or moon water, study them, give them nutrients, meditate with them, when you see a damaged tree do a ritual/pray/ceremony/funeral
  • Honey can: get you out of trouble with fairies, gain favor, attract fairies, be used as an offering, prevent fairies from giving you troubles, have your fav crystal returned to you

Fae Rules/Etiquette

• Never say thank you (fairies consider this to be rude). Instead say: you have my gratitude, I am very grateful, I am honored, I am appreciative. Or show them by giving offerings, leaving them a gift, or doing an act of service
  • Taking care of the Earth is important to the fae
  • Be kind to animals
  • Never say I’m sorry. Instead say: my apologies or I express regret
  • Never accept gifts from the fae (gifts from fae are not free). If you accept a gift from fae, you owe them. If you give a gift to fae they still owe you. But they might return the favor by not giving you troubles. They decide when and how to repay the debt.
  • Always let them borrow items. Fairies may borrow items for as long as they want or keep them. They will always pay you back but in a way you might not expect.
  • Never lie to a fairy (fairies can’t lie)
  • Always keep your word
  • When you dispose of dirty water outside, let the fae know out loud so you don’t get them dirty (fairies hate filf), and keep it in a small area, don’t chuck the water everywhere.
  • Don’t brag about your experiences with the fae. Always ask for permission first.
  • Don’t spy on fae, if you want to see a fairy ask politely. If this rule is broken the consequences can be severe. Fairies don’t like to be photographed.
  • Don’t give a fairy your full name because this allows them to control you.
  • Don’t eat fairy food, this can make you trapped in the fairy realm
  • Never carry cold iron on you (iron is lethal to fairies)
  • Don’t step inside a fairy ring (this is lethal)
  • Always be polite and respectful
  • Always keep honey on you
16 Likes

I knew wording and choice of language was important for the Fae, but it’s interesting to hear that “Thank you” and “I’m sorry” are not recommended. Thanks for sharing some alternatives! :+1:

I came across a fairy ring in the woods not too long ago- for anyone interested in seeing some pictures or discussing the possibilities of fairy rings, feel free to join in the related discussion in Fairy Ring :fairy: !

This was a very interesting list and fun to read! I am very appreciative, @carter1, you have my gratitude for sharing :heart::pray::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

I’m starting to learn about the fae because I caught one on camera. Now that I have a nice garden that I care for, I’ve been noticing ‘things’. So, I’ll be leaving out offerings. Thank you for this information!

8 Likes

Thanks for sharing… I would love to learn about the fae and hopefully when i am more experienced i can contact the fae

4 Likes

I am so happy you shared your photo of the fairy ring in the woods @BryWisteria this is so new for me about these magical beings.

I have never seen a fairy before, don’t think we have them here :thinking: or maybe we do :confused: ???
would very much love :heart: to see one, some day. But I know for sure if I come across a fairy ring what to expect :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

You’re very welcome, @NickWick- I’m glad you enjoyed it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Faeries, the Fae, and mythical creatures tend to exist in various forms around the world, often taking on different appearances and holding different meanings to the local culture, but while still having similarities. Like how dragons appear in cultures all over the world! :dragon_face:

The Fae have a reputation for being troublesome, but there are plenty of legends about friendly or helpful creatures as well. I hope if you ever meet one, you get to meet a particularly nice fairy, Nick! :heart::fairy:

4 Likes

I would like to add to this! I have also seen that Fairies in particular like shiny trinkets, and a good offering to appease them or invite them is Fluorite!

On the point of iron, Fae may not show up for you if you live in cities because of the concentration of the metal (add on to that the extent that nature is ravaged in these areas, and the chances become even slimmer). If you are lucky to find one in the city, they would be very far and few between, most likely residing in parks.

6 Likes

@christina4 Wawwwwwwwwww! You make me think that Vampire might be real​:wink::sweat_smile:Are they???

3 Likes

This is awesome! I knew of a few of these rules, most i did not. Thanks for doing this research and sharing! I had considered incorporating some Fairy magic in to my practice, but I am most definitely not even close to ready, and I will be rethinking that game plan if/when I ever feel adept enough.

4 Likes