Here is some of the research that I have accumulated by studying the fae/fairies. I am not an expert on this, so if anything is incorrect feel free to leave some feedback. Note: working with the fae is not for beginners.
Working With Fae
- Fairy offerings include: honey, cake, sweet milk, anything sweet, or lighting candles for them, burning things in their honor
- Working with tree spirits: give them offerings of water or moon water, study them, give them nutrients, meditate with them, when you see a damaged tree do a ritual/pray/ceremony/funeral
- Honey can: get you out of trouble with fairies, gain favor, attract fairies, be used as an offering, prevent fairies from giving you troubles, have your fav crystal returned to you
- Never say thank you (fairies consider this to be rude). Instead say: you have my gratitude, I am very grateful, I am honored, I am appreciative. Or show them by giving offerings, leaving them a gift, or doing an act of service
- Taking care of the Earth is important to the fae
- Be kind to animals
- Never say I’m sorry. Instead say: my apologies or I express regret
- Never accept gifts from the fae (gifts from fae are not free). If you accept a gift from fae, you owe them. If you give a gift to fae they still owe you. But they might return the favor by not giving you troubles. They decide when and how to repay the debt.
- Always let them borrow items. Fairies may borrow items for as long as they want or keep them. They will always pay you back but in a way you might not expect.
- Never lie to a fairy (fairies can’t lie)
- Always keep your word
- When you dispose of dirty water outside, let the fae know out loud so you don’t get them dirty (fairies hate filf), and keep it in a small area, don’t chuck the water everywhere.
- Don’t brag about your experiences with the fae. Always ask for permission first.
- Don’t spy on fae, if you want to see a fairy ask politely. If this rule is broken the consequences can be severe. Fairies don’t like to be photographed.
- Don’t give a fairy your full name because this allows them to control you.
- Don’t eat fairy food, this can make you trapped in the fairy realm
- Never carry cold iron on you (iron is lethal to fairies)
- Don’t step inside a fairy ring (this is lethal)
- Always be polite and respectful
- Always keep honey on you