Fairy Ring? šŸ§š

Greetings to all!

While on a recent journey into the woods, we came across this:

I thought it looked like a fairy ring! :fairy:

I had always been taught that you should never enter a fairy ring, or you risk being swept off to another world :cyclone: .

My partner, who is Polish, said that in Slavic folklore those who enter a fairy are doomed to laugh and dance forever :dancer: .

But there are also other interpretations, like the one Francisco shared in the following post:

Iā€™m curious! What is your belief about fairy rings- and have you ever seen one before? :national_park: :mushroom:

And if soā€¦ did you (or would you) enter the ring? :thinking:

Would love to hear your thoughts and stories!

Blessed be! :fairy: :sparkles:

20 Likes

Iā€™ve seen them before but Iā€™ve never touched them or gone through them. I have one in my garden! Iā€™ve never knew they were a thing!!! The mushrooms are there one day and gone the next. But I didnā€™t see any today. I only have smaller ones but Iā€™ll try and snag a picture next time.

12 Likes

I have seen this in my gardens & yard before. Same thing, there one day gone 1 or 2 days later. It never crossed my mind to be a fairy ring! I leave them undisturbed when I come upon them. I wonā€™t go through them or let anyone damage them.

9 Likes

I donā€™t have any experience with fairy rings but I gotta say that being doomed to laugh and dance forever doesnā€™t seem like it is a bad thing

13 Likes

I havenā€™t had a mushroom fairy ring like that, but I have had a fairy ring of darker green grass! I saw it and felt pulled to meditate in it, and had some of the best, most grounding meditation sessions Iā€™ve had to date. I meditated in it a few times for a few days in a row, and then on day 4 or 5 when I went out to meditate in the ring, I was heartbroken to see it had gone away.

Although I was sad that it was gone, during the time it was there, I had grown so much closer to my spirituality, so I think it was one of those things that appears when you need it and disappears when you no longer need it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

15 Likes

My experience has been the same as @Jewitch, but it was in my lawn and I had to mow. It was there for quite some time.

11 Likes

Have seen many fairy rings. Am a firm believer in there being other beings such as fairies that we have pushed out of our existence. Exactly where they all spend their time now I donā€™t claim to know but with this weeks Travel magic contest making me more mindful of Astral Projection I have new hope of finding them again in this lifetime. I doubt if I will get result enough to post it in the thread to be in on the competition but it is a spark for me. I am such a I donā€™t know what it is ā€œgroundedā€ Not sure how to describe it. I hold back too much. In my mind I really have thoughts about all the things in the universe that most donā€™t consider more than fairy tales and yet when it comes to applying it directly to myself it is just so hard. If I find such a ring again in my life I would likely sit down and possibly take a nap in hopes of being spirited away.

10 Likes

If you find any fairies or gnomes @jim Iā€™d love to hear about them. I am crazy about gnomes and fairies and I am not certain and still looking into it but I believe I may have been of fae blood in a past life. Itā€™s just a theory and I still have lots to work out in my theory but nonetheless Iā€™m still fascinated by them

12 Likes

They do tend to come and go quickly, @Christina4! Good luck! :blush:

I agree itā€™s a good idea to leave them be when possible, @Susurrus. If there are fairies tried to the ring, Iā€™m sure they appreciate your respect! :fairy:

Hahaha agreed @phoenix_dawn- there are certainly folk legends with more dire consequences! :laughing: Although I imagine after a day or two of laughing and dancing Iā€™d probably be quite sick of it and just want to sleep lol.

It sounds like the fairy ring was a spot of power for you, @Jewitch! Thatā€™s amazing that it helped to enhance your meditations :person_in_lotus_position: I hope another one appears for you soon (if and when you need it)!

Hahaha if itā€™s gotta go, then itā€™s gotta go @anon87969570! Perhaps the fairies or whatever force made the ring will know not to mess with your lawn next time :laughing: :+1:

Grounding is usually an important step of casting, but sometimes being ā€œtoo groundedā€ can hold us back from experiencing things such as Astral Travel. Wishing you the best of luck in your pursuits, @jim- if you ever find a fairy ring, let us know how it goes for you! :fairy:

9 Likes

That sounds like a grounding and exciting experience for meditation! I wish the situation was better with my neighbors so I could meditate outside with the earth. I may have to take a walk!!! Thanks for sharing your experience!!

8 Likes

I remember seeing one once when I was a little girl in Alabama, I donā€™t recall if I entered or not. Havenā€™t seen one since. :frowning:

7 Likes

I know we have mushrooms in the backyard and when they come there are heaps, but I never stopped to actually see if they are in a circleā€¦ well you know from here I will be watching carefullyā€¦

7 Likes

Sometimes itā€™s all about keeping an eye out, @Peaches. Perhaps you will see one soon now that fairy rings are on your mind! :blush:

In places with lots of mushrooms it seems very likely that the fairies would come out to play so to say- keep an eye out and I imagine youā€™ll spot a ring sooner or later, @TheMuslimWitch! :mushroom: :sparkles:

7 Likes

I stepped into a fairy ring, and within a few minutes I had a very frightening fall. I will never step into one again.

7 Likes

Oh goodness, @marsha! Perhaps you found a ring made by some not-so-friendly faeries. I hope you were okay!

7 Likes

I actually had a huge arc of mushrooms in my front yard this past spring. Perhaps there is something to this ā€œlaugh and dance forever.ā€ I looked up the type of mushroom and they were definitely psychedelic :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Yes, thankfully, I was not alone, and had help. :heart:

7 Likes

So glad to hear that! @marsha :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When you say it like that it makes a lot of sense @Harmony! :mushroom: Psychedelic mushrooms could definitely instigate some wild behavior. I guess while normal faery rings are a party of sorts, psychedelic rings would be more like a faery rave :woman_singer: :love_you_gesture::joy:

11 Likes

Iā€™m 10 toes down for a faery :fairy: rave! Well once Raelynne is here anywayā€¦ See @BryWisteria I told you there could be worse fates that dancing and laughing forever :rofl::fairy:

9 Likes

Ha! Faery raveā€¦ theyā€™re just like us :joy:

9 Likes