Would You Use an Animated Tarot Deck?

If the price was right then I say yes, but then I may not read and just play with them a lot, LOL.

10 Likes

haha exactly this! :clap: I do wonder what kind of meaning or help the animations could be to the interpretations of the cards :thinking: I would be interested to see how people read with them.

9 Likes

:exploding_head: :star_struck:An animated deck would be the coolest thing!!! My son plays D&D and has some animated cards that are so awesome! I would take the animated Tarot EVERYWHERE and tell anyone/everyone about how cool they are!!! THIS IS MY GOAL NOW!!! LOL

OH, I just read the price! Yikes!! I’d have to charge $ to do readings with this just to cover the cost!! lol

10 Likes

This is so fun! As a budding beginner, I think an actual animated card would be amazing to kind of help you learn where to focus on each picture and card… I’m having to do a lot of looking at my guide book right now, and I am finding I miss pieces. I guess it’s all part of the process of learning, but it would be so neat! This is a very cool deck!

9 Likes

I’ve seen this one before and while I do think it’s a very cool idea, it’s not for me. I’m not really into the moving versions. But I am a bit Old School :laughing:

10 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: The Mushroom Hunter Tarot Deck

@Susurrus Hahaha that’s a good point! And you’re right- I could easily see myself having a blast playing with the cards and making them move too- and never actually get any reading done :joy:

@Garnet I feel that, Garnet! If I ever won the lottery I think the money wouldn’t last as long as my wishlist- so many fun and interesting decks out there! :laughing:

@Amethyst Same! I wonder if the movement would add to readings, offering more inspiration for interpretations- or if, on the other hand, it would distract. Maybe someday one of us will come across the deck and be able to find out! :grin:

@MeganB It’s definitely got a “wow” factor going for it- I’ve seen so many amazing interpretations of the Rider Waite style deck over the years, but this is the first animated deck I’ve come across! I wonder if it will be a once-in-a-lifetime kind of thing, or if it will kick off a new trend for other holographic decks :sparkles:

@Solasta_Amore Hooray for a fellow deck window shopper- it’s amazing how the time flies when looking at pretty cards, right? :joy: :+1: :sparkles: And ohhh that’s a wish that we share- makes me think about looking into some prosperity spells specifically for increasing deck money :money_with_wings: :laughing: :flower_playing_cards: You’ve got three wonderful decks at your service- may they continue to serve you well! Happy reading (and window shopping)! :blush::heart:

@Kasandra It is definitely on the higher side of deck prices- my guess is that a lot of it goes into the holographic details, I imagine the materials are pretty pricey! Still- a witch can always hope for a sale (I might be checking back on this one near Black Friday or the holidays haha) :grin:

@Heav3n Hahaha they do look like the type of deck to have fun with- so many pretty cards to wiggle around and watch the animations! :joy::+1:

@GemRobin76 That’s a creative way to potentially have it pay for itself! Put the deck to work and have it earn its keep :smile: :+1:

@AileyGrey Agreed! It really caught my eye for its uniqueness- I’m glad you enjoyed seeing it too, Ailey! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

@Artemisia There’s a lot to be said for the beauty in the old school styles- nothing wrong with enjoying the classic decks! :heart:

10 Likes

(For anyone who wanted to see all of the animations for the cards, I found a deck flip through on YouTube)

11 Likes

That’s so sweet of you love! I will check it out…I am just tooo curious and in awe of this one! Haha…:hugs: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sparkling_heart: Blessed be honey @BryWisteria

6 Likes

Oh… I’m really inclined to put money :moneybag: away for this deck… the more I see it the more I’m intrigued, still not sure that I would actually be able to do the reading but maybe after some time I could once I got past the excitement of watching the cards! Hmmm… time to think about this one because I just purchased an Oracle deck & Tarot deck yesterday :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

7 Likes

That would be really interesting to see! :clap: I’m all for it – now as long as they can make it more affordable and accessible to others, then yes please :rofl:

I do also wonder what it’s like to shuffle the cards because the holographic frames or something usually make the cards thicker :thinking: I’m gonna give the walkthrough a watch!

7 Likes

Holy cow that is unique. I might have to save for it lol! I also am in love with that D&D deck, I might have to get it for my daughter. She is pretty obsessed with D&D!

8 Likes

oh, I’m so in love with this!!! I just need to drop some not so subtle hints to people to get this for my birthday next month!!! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

@Solasta_Amore Thank you, Solasta- same to you! Much love and many blessings :hugs: :heartpulse:

@Susurrus Ohhh so exciting- I hope your new decks arrive quickly and safely to you! And haha I know the feeling- too many intriguing decks, never enough money for them all! :laughing: :+1:

@MeganB That’s a really good point about the texture, I imagine they feel quite a bit different from the standard still picture card. As much as I love seeing the flip through videos, knowing how it feels in-hand is still something that could only be done in person! :flower_playing_cards:

@Melora_Fae Same here! I love D&D too :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: After looking into the D&D deck they have, it seems more like something I would keep as a collector’s piece than something to read with (they use their own system for numbering the cards- the suits and arcana are different). But it opened up Narnia, because through this D&D deck I found out there are a whole bunch of D&D decks out there- very exciting! :laughing:

@GemRobin76 Oh, that’s a great idea! :star_struck: Wishing you a happy early birthday, and I hope you get any and all decks you desire! :flower_playing_cards: :two_hearts: :blush:

8 Likes

I think this would be the only thing to keep me from getting it unless I could feel it in hand first and see how big the cards are and how thick they are. It’s like my Somnia tarot. I love the cards but they’re huge. I can’t shuffle them the way I normally do so I have to adapt. It’s a struggle sometimes and I’m not sure if I would have gotten them if I knew how big they were going to be :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I feel you! I have small-ish hands, so any deck with cards bigger than the standard playing cards is a bit of a challenge for me. Let’s just say there are a lot more jumpers :joy:

It makes me wish there were more places or ways to “try out” a tarot deck before buying it. Even in the store, cards are wrapped or in boxes and it can be hard to tell- it’d be nice to have some kind of hands-on exhibit, like at a museum or a festival. We need more witchy festivals and conventions! :laughing: :mage: :sparkles:

6 Likes

haha yes, yes we do! At least more accessible ones that don’t cost hundreds of dollars to attend. I think a booth with a tarot card “try before you buy” setup would do amazingly well at something like that :laughing:

6 Likes

Cheers to that! :raised_hands:

Agreed- it would be like at the game fests when they have stations where you can play a demo of the game to get a feel for it, only with tarot cards! :flower_playing_cards: :grinning:

6 Likes

Thanks foot sharing this deck and the walk through. :slight_smile: I am not sure i would like it. It is neat but I feel it would detract from my readings. And the price, definitely would have to LOVE a deck before even considering that price!

6 Likes

You’re welcome, Phoenix! :blush: I know the feeling- even when it looks like a deck wouldn’t be a good match, it’s still fun to window shop! :grinning: :window:

Agreed! :laughing: :+1:

6 Likes